Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Wizard to use Level 50 Elixir on?

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I am not at Level 50 yet.

But at this rate I might be, before the year's end.

I have been trying to decide which other wizard I would use the Level 50 elixir on.

It should probably be a wizard whose school makes it the most difficult or time consuming or grind-y the first 50 levels.

Rather than be specific I'd prefer to leave this open-ended. After all, others might be curious too, and might have different combinations of wizards than I do.

Ice, Fire, and Death schools get their first minion much later than the other schools.

What other things might matter in the first 50 levels? Who would you spend the elixir on and why? Thanks.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I would never use the level 50 elixir but if I were I would say life because they get their aoe hit so late game.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Thanks for the reply frostednutella.
I understand the elixir isn't to everyone's tastes.

I wondered about the life wizard. Thanks for your input!

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Hope you haven't used it yet

I would say a death or life, same reason as frostednutella said. Balance can be a struggle for when you versus balance bosses or mobs. I definitely wouldn't use it on a fire or storm, they go through the game quikly and you're wasting your money if you do

Hope this helps

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
are the only schools I think would be worth doing it on. They don't get AOE spells until level 48 and 58 which makes them take a bit longer through the early worlds.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2016
I would probably use it on one of the Elemental Schools, just to get over the big bump called Krokotopia.

Mason Myth Level 18
Mason Ice Level 1

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
kordani on Nov 13, 2016 wrote:
I would probably use it on one of the Elemental Schools, just to get over the big bump called Krokotopia.

Mason Myth Level 18
Mason Ice Level 1
Krokotopia is one of the shortest worlds and it isn't complicated because you are given converts and again, it is extremely short.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Thanks again everyone for the feedback. It is really appreciated and I'm sure it will help many others as well.

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Ice. The last school to get its school blade.

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
Honestly I wouldn't use it. You learn how to play a school in those first 50 levels without things being overly difficult. Add the fact that you haven't gotten a wizard to 50 yet... Celestia/Wintertusk is where things first begin to get challenging with the cheating bosses and having to research dungeons before going into them. If you jump from a low level to that without ever having been through it before and not being familiar with your school, I think it would be frustrating.

That being said, if you really want to use it, then go with death. Death is a pretty straightforward and simple school. Especially when you finally get scarecrow, which is level 58. You'd probably avoid a lot of the early level grind feeling the most with boosting death.

Survivor
Sep 28, 2016
I haven't been playing very long, but an account my dad and I made a long time ago had a higher level wizard on it. Personally, I wouldn't use it. Playing with a wizard really teaches you that school's style and you learn a lot through experience (moreso than just reading guides imo) since you're immersed in gameplay. But I'd go with death or ice, because Ice is the last to receive the school blade, or Death because of how more straightforward its gameplay is.

Or you could go for a school that doesn't get it's AoE until much later in the game.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
Heuna on Nov 23, 2016 wrote:
Honestly I wouldn't use it. You learn how to play a school in those first 50 levels without things being overly difficult. Add the fact that you haven't gotten a wizard to 50 yet... Celestia/Wintertusk is where things first begin to get challenging with the cheating bosses and having to research dungeons before going into them. If you jump from a low level to that without ever having been through it before and not being familiar with your school, I think it would be frustrating.

That being said, if you really want to use it, then go with death. Death is a pretty straightforward and simple school. Especially when you finally get scarecrow, which is level 58. You'd probably avoid a lot of the early level grind feeling the most with boosting death.
You can only use the elixir if you have already gotten at least one wizard past level 50.