Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fixing Guardian Spirit

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 29, 2010
Here's another attempt to address how Guardian Spirit destroys pvp. The main problem is what happens when guardian spirit is triggered:

1. All debuffs on the life character disappear (making it desirable for them to die, and undesirable for you to defeat them!!)
2. All traps, debuffs placed by the life character on the opponent stay in place
3. Guardian spirit is affected by all healing boosts (either positive or negative)
4. The life character's deck is not affected in any way
5. If the life character is first, they will still be first when they 'come back'

I'm okay if there are two version of this spell, one that is pve only and one that is pvp only. This allows people who do not pvp to continue to use the spell as it currently stands.

Here are some ideas to address the problems listed above with not necessarily all of them being used together:

1. Guardian Spirit is no longer triggered AFTER you are defeated. Instead, it does not allow your health to go below one. When this is triggered, your health stays at one and then the healing portion of the spell takes over. This keeps all debuffs in place on the life. They still get the 'second chance' benefit but does not cancel all that work their opponent put in.
2. It can only be used a set number of times in a match
3. It is not affected by any healing buffs/debuffs and can not crit
4. Guardian spirit being triggered makes the person go second from then on, or at least for a couple turns (like beguile can do)
5. Guardian spirit being triggered causes all traps placed by the person 'dying' to be removed.

A combination of these changes could be used as well. For example, let's say you can use guardian spirit three times. The first time, all the life's traps are removed but all the debuffs on the life player are also removed. The second time guardian spirit triggers traps stay and so do all the debuffs. The last time, traps disappear but debuffs stay.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
Good observations. I have a commander, exalted life wiz myself so, I know the controversy around guardian spirit. They could decrease the maximum number that you're allowed to have in your deck, therefore still giving players the chance to use it over and over if they please with a reshuffle but not being able to spam too often.

Otherwise, the characteristics that you are considering changing aren't applicable to all instances or possible outcomes with using guardian spirit. Sometimes you just don't have a back-up plan when they revive. It happens to us all at least once. This topic is super repeatable and plenty of people have raised their issues and suggestions as well.

If anything, KI will make changes to guardian spirit the same time they make changes to bad juju. Which may or may not (probably not) happen. Those two spells are, to my knowledge, the most complained about spells ever.

See you in the Arena.

Explorer
Mar 29, 2010
The fact that one usually exhausts their pips in order to kill an angel only to have them come back to life should have been listed as problem number 6.

The suggested fixes try to address this problem by making an angel's recovery to full health or ability to deliver a killing blow much slower.

I failed to mention that triggering guardian spirit would also cause the life to lose their pips as it does right now.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
MrFlin t on Oct 17, 2016 wrote:
Here's another attempt to address how Guardian Spirit destroys pvp. The main problem is what happens when guardian spirit is triggered:

1. All debuffs on the life character disappear (making it desirable for them to die, and undesirable for you to defeat them!!)
2. All traps, debuffs placed by the life character on the opponent stay in place
3. Guardian spirit is affected by all healing boosts (either positive or negative)
4. The life character's deck is not affected in any way
5. If the life character is first, they will still be first when they 'come back'

I'm okay if there are two version of this spell, one that is pve only and one that is pvp only. This allows people who do not pvp to continue to use the spell as it currently stands.

Here are some ideas to address the problems listed above with not necessarily all of them being used together:

1. Guardian Spirit is no longer triggered AFTER you are defeated. Instead, it does not allow your health to go below one. When this is triggered, your health stays at one and then the healing portion of the spell takes over. This keeps all debuffs in place on the life. They still get the 'second chance' benefit but does not cancel all that work their opponent put in.
2. It can only be used a set number of times in a match
3. It is not affected by any healing buffs/debuffs and can not crit
4. Guardian spirit being triggered makes the person go second from then on, or at least for a couple turns (like beguile can do)
5. Guardian spirit being triggered causes all traps placed by the person 'dying' to be removed.

A combination of these changes could be used as well. For example, let's say you can use guardian spirit three times. The first time, all the life's traps are removed but all the debuffs on the life player are also removed. The second time guardian spirit triggers traps stay and so do all the debuffs. The last time, traps disappear but debuffs stay.
stop complain

I disagree (guardian spirit is overpower) kingsisle want make a spell as a spell (keep way it is)

life, meant to heal others player not just there self

beguile do anything with guardian spirit

most life school in others games mostly rules of live must have to heal others players when they are defeat (now even fair storm get a blade early because stronger damage but ice wait for there?

make fair for ice with storm early blade (I would make secondary blade spell for ice)

spell would be: any others wizard cast: trap,debuff,shield,blade,healing weakness,dispel (cleanse those spell off) turn into ice blade so, vs death wizard and want play pvp hard way want to spam bad juju (idea of the spell be able cleanse it off turn into a blade) spell call it: icestormblade

so, any school buffing (icestormblade can remove it, turn into ice blade)

I don't care even spell not fair (others school of there others school people complain on others school don't think it fair but I think it fair, I am 100% myth need heal for own school (not fair to others school all have healing spell) myth only school doesn't have one, how that is fair when think not unfair!

since storm only school insane bolt to moon damage how is that fair to others school, others school don't get damage from astral school and meowiarty was able get insane bolt at exalted one shot gauntlet (wasn't normal storm damage insane bolt) it was shadow magic

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
JustinFrostHunter on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
stop complain

I disagree (guardian spirit is overpower) kingsisle want make a spell as a spell (keep way it is)

most life school in others games mostly rules of live must have to heal others players when they are defeat (now even fair storm get a blade early because stronger damage but ice wait for there?

make fair for ice with storm early blade (I would make secondary blade spell for ice)

spell would be: any others wizard cast: trap,debuff,shield,blade,healing weakness,dispel (cleanse those spell off) turn into ice blade so, vs death wizard and want play pvp hard way want to spam bad juju (idea of the spell be able cleanse it off turn into a blade) spell call it: icestormblade

I don't care even spell not fair (others school of there others school people complain on others school don't think it fair but I think it fair, I am 100% myth need heal for own school (not fair to others school all have healing spell) myth only school doesn't have one, how that is fair when think not unfair!

since storm only school insane bolt to moon damage how is that fair to others school, others school don't get damage from astral school and meowiarty was able get insane bolt at exalted one shot gauntlet (wasn't normal storm damage insane bolt) it was shadow magic
Myth has 0 pip minions and healing by sacrifice. Yes other schools can do the same, but not with 0 pip. Ice is by far the dominant pvp school already, it doesn't need any more help.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2011
JustinFrostHunter on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
stop complain

First of all, I can hardly understand you, please correct your grammar. Next, Please don't even go there with storm. Moon damage? yeah, and guess what? If it hits ourselves, it will kill because I don't even know if we can resist moon damage. It's 10k damage, it will still kill. And don't say, "Make fair for ice" with blades, it's because they get a 40% damage increase with their blade. And even at level 17, they get like 1,400 health... So please, don't. Finally, Guardian spirit IS overpowered, if you disagree why don't you tell pretty much every EXPERIENCED wizard that plays PVP that it isn't overpowered. Ok

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Guardian spirit is not overpowered. If you take you time getting the right cards in your hand you can overwhelm any jade angel. There is usually no need for you to rush as a lot of angels are passive, and the ones that aren't have so much in their deck it hard for them to cope between going offensive, defensive or healing.

Take your time and get the right combination of cards in your hand, instead of just attacking because a spell is in your hand. These suggestions on nerfing guardian spirit are just to make it easier for you to kill them. Every school has the ability to kill jades angels.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
seethe42 on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
Myth has 0 pip minions and healing by sacrifice. Yes other schools can do the same, but not with 0 pip. Ice is by far the dominant pvp school already, it doesn't need any more help.
myth useless is pvp so, not useful to heal them to protect them (least no myth minion better defense then others minion except talos/egg minions (egg minion 3 type egg how bad evil egg is) going able to heal!

doesn't see to me that ice not dominant pvp school because I am ice (never win) least glad critical nerf for storm but still having issus with these balance (getting annoying with elemental/spirit spell) seem to overpower (to much greater spell then others school)

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
garrett9939 on Oct 19, 2016 wrote:
First of all, I can hardly understand you, please correct your grammar. Next, Please don't even go there with storm. Moon damage? yeah, and guess what? If it hits ourselves, it will kill because I don't even know if we can resist moon damage. It's 10k damage, it will still kill. And don't say, "Make fair for ice" with blades, it's because they get a 40% damage increase with their blade. And even at level 17, they get like 1,400 health... So please, don't. Finally, Guardian spirit IS overpowered, if you disagree why don't you tell pretty much every EXPERIENCED wizard that plays PVP that it isn't overpowered. Ok
storm do have moon resist (why people use universe resist) so, resist others school even school does not exist (still resist it) not as much

(doesn't make a different)

ice damage doesn't matter because don't get stat for others school for low level (reason why so, impossible for others school) keep them from getting ice resist to ice (while they have all high resist to ice) not others school!

not all ice school "will not have high heath" reason why heath so, high beside of there basic heal is high "reason why keep more heath) if you as ice there base heath, if base heath pass or less 4,300 no any lower then +42% of heath) they able get above 9,042 heath (don't lose 42% of it) only 9,000 heath

see others school between others school experienced (I see non experienced between ice pair to others school) see life seem more heath then ice was more jade person but be possible for ice to heal as jade ice (jade ice only most useful against ice to troll over ice vs ice (seem little more peachy to kill then others school) ice as weaker damage (ice doesn't have strong attack like as storm as with armor pierce) they won't able go threw ice shield!

why don't use double shield of storm/ice shield vs ice beside ice will use steal wand to steal that ice shield because double shield whatever last shield to cast when cast double shield spell others school are able to steal it with steal ward (if they using steal ward spell others then ice school)

lucky for me least increase shadow pips bonus "now have 10% shadow pips bonus) (so, now least be able spam shadow enchanted spell) easy to beat balance (if mess with there blade) can't do nothing others then losemaster) try powerthrew cleanse charm over loremaster to remove weakness over black mantle loremaster effect will not do nothing on them plus even able school use fire school mastery amulet to use steal charms :)

when next world come for max level start using steal charm vs own school beside of free blade of mine dang school however!

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
seethe42 on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
ice as not been a dominant pvp school and I am ice and never win on mine ice and others school to overpowered and only reason ice was good once because it was easy for them to get rid fire/storm lower level but now it not when they are max level same thing for balance but now balance ignoring with there elemental spell and spirit spell which they are to overpower being shadow enchanted spells!

it sad ice school isn't life school because harder for ice to heal because life dispel because reason why don't use mastery amulet because others school will know, when they will know because aura effect round them use mastery amulets and easy guess it mastery amulet when others people are using mastery amulet!

same thing for guardian spirit even made as for pet always counter they spam with dispel anyways and try others mastery amulet for others school trying heal others then using life school spell and not easy win with it because dispel and people to good at pvp they easy guess mastery amulets no sweet!

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I disagree.

I have level 90 wizards in every school but Death. My main wizard is a level 110 Balance. "I was born a Balance Wizard and I will die a Balance Wizard."

It can be can be annoying to deal with GS and I do believe it is possible to use the spell to abuse the spirit of the game, that is, to play in an unsportsmanlike manner. I call that kind of playing "griefing."

That being said, there are ways to deal with Tanks and Angels and Tank/Angels. It's just another spell and another strategy I have to learn to adapt to.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Liam Swiftwalker on Nov 4, 2016 wrote:
I disagree.

I have level 90 wizards in every school but Death. My main wizard is a level 110 Balance. "I was born a Balance Wizard and I will die a Balance Wizard."

It can be can be annoying to deal with GS and I do believe it is possible to use the spell to abuse the spirit of the game, that is, to play in an unsportsmanlike manner. I call that kind of playing "griefing."

That being said, there are ways to deal with Tanks and Angels and Tank/Angels. It's just another spell and another strategy I have to learn to adapt to.
correct and reason why people spam that there strategy maybe that reason why death wizard spamming bad juju because getting sick of people complain how bad is death is at pvp but through was myth was more of worst school!

once new world come of mirage support more for myth/life/death so, get good spell :) par to the others school and storm is just to overpowered but just glad ice as snowball barrage because allot more easy for us being good offense gear but most issus of game most annoying make combat is when people stall people with dispel so, next time go to battle (buy bunch cleanse charm tc) and farm for saw palmetto being get allot bad juju from those plants :)

just a game and people want to spam and want to play that game unfair way whatever will not effect others people others counter too it

beside life is support school and healing spell meant heal people when they are defeated and every school own support own way and how they play there duel own way everybody different under what school you are beside shadow enchanted spell does take forever when do a walkthrough but it is worst it and any school get healing spell to own school even if is overpower or not

beside remove Polaris some boss did not like feints and when cast switch 70% on to you and 30% go on boss that spell is technically a "ICE SPELL" so, ice wizard might get that spell in the future or future new school :) you never know what kingsisle would plain to do with this game in the future once the end of the 3arc storyline :)