Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pounded in the Quick Match Tourneys

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
I don't see how i have much of chance in the quick match tourneys! balance and ice seem to win most of the tourneys i enter. I have a fire, death, and storm max wiz. Balance mana burns me, and does pretty good damage. Then just rips through tower shields with gaze of fate. I have seem them lose to ice with high resist, and their super high health. These 2 schools seem to dominate now. The worst match i ever saw was 2 balance vs each other. It was nothing more than a " Dispel " battle. My o my how this game has changed over the years. What has happened? So many spells like " Mana Burn, " and " Super Nova " if you try to use your aura. And " Gaze of Fate " You got to be kidding me? Where is my double hit spell at? I mean one school has a double hit spell, and the rest do not. Does anyone else other than balance, and ice think this is fair game play? I'll just stick to pve play form now on. I dont hang out at Wu clothes dye shop! Now that is off the chart funny those wiz strutting around there. :)

Survivor
Dec 17, 2010
I'll post my own reply. I still like the game, but it's not the same anymore. Cheat Bosses became a regular part of the game sometime ago. That was bad enough, but when players got " cheat " spells i was pretty surprised. Let's take a look at some of the cheat spells players use now in pvp. 1. Mana Burn- why should anyone be able to take my pips off of me? 2. Super Nova- why should anyone be able to punish me for using my Aura spell? 3. Stun- why should any player be able to make me lose my turn to cast a spell? 4. Weakness - This is not so bad unless a player spams it. 5 Juju. This is highly overused by death wizards will drive a player crazy. Last but not least # 6. Dispel -why should player be able to block me from casting my spell? This is so over used now in pvp. Its literally a dispel battle in some cases. These are all what i call " Dirty " spells. The game used to be much cleaner, and lighter. A lot of newer players don't know anything about the way it was one time. There were no packs to purchase at one time. Bundles came before packs. It's over the top now, and it will never change. I'll stick to jumping around in the commons with the mute players from now on.