Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Starting School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
I have been going through the old messages on the message board and have seen the ideas about new schools. I not only think we should have new schools but I think we should have new starting schools! I have done every school up until at least Celestia and I get bored of them. Some of them I have done more than once and after seeing them in the game for so long it kind of gets boring seeing them. As for adding the schools into the game... one of the schools could take the place of the old death school. Or they could put it near the balance trainer in raven wood. And depending on what type of school it is put it in the appropriate world to match it. So for example, if it were to be the Astral school you would add the main school to Celestia. And have it kinda look like a mix between the new arcanum school and Ravenwood school, but have it somewhere where it wouldn't get in the way of normal gameplay. So you would get to use the trainer in Ravenwood until you got to that specific world. I honestly think that many people would like a new starting school idea , but some of them will turn this idea down for two reasons. First, you have the people that want the game to stick to the way it was in the beginning when it came out. I honestly think that an addition of a new starting school would be a great idea because of that reason. This game had the exact same schools since it came out which gets very boring for the few of us that have been here since the very beginning. Not only have we seen the same spells same mechanics over and over again, but it gets boring after awhile because of the repetitiveness of the gameplay. This new school would save us from not getting board, and add another type of mechanic for the gameplay. And I know Astral magic is a type of mechanic. But you could have this as a specific type of mechanic only this school could do. And there are some people that would think that some of the new players being able to play this school would be unfair. Well, there could be a level cap for the school like you have to get to level 100 before unlocking the school on the sorting book. Then you could start from the beginning with this new school. As for the school, I have no idea what it could be. That I am going to leave to you guys and KI so What do you think and what should the new schools be and what mechanics should they have? And also what level do you think you should be to start the school, if you should be any level to start the new school. And Where do you think your school should be located at and where should it be located in Ravenwood? I think i would kinda be cool if it were located in place of the death school. That's where the level cap could come in at. You have to be at least a certain level so you know that the death school is missing there in the beginning then at that level you would get a notification that you unlocked it and you can now make that class. Hope you like my Idea. HopeIcan awn ser questions you have.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
stormymastermind on Jul 24, 2016 wrote:
I have been going through the old messages on the message board and have seen the ideas about new schools. I not only think we should have new schools but I think we should have new starting schools! I have done every school up until at least Celestia and I get bored of them. Some of them I have done more than once and after seeing them in the game for so long it kind of gets boring seeing them. As for adding the schools into the game... one of the schools could take the place of the old death school. Or they could put it near the balance trainer in raven wood. And depending on what type of school it is put it in the appropriate world to match it. So for example, if it were to be the Astral school you would add the main school to Celestia. And have it kinda look like a mix between the new arcanum school and Ravenwood school, but have it somewhere where it wouldn't get in the way of normal gameplay. So you would get to use the trainer in Ravenwood until you got to that specific world. I honestly think that many people would like a new starting school idea , but some of them will turn this idea down for two reasons. First, you have the people that want the game to stick to the way it was in the beginning when it came out. I honestly think that an addition of a new starting school would be a great idea because of that reason. This game had the exact same schools since it came out which gets very boring for the few of us that have been here since the very beginning. Not only have we seen the same spells same mechanics over and over again, but it gets boring after awhile because of the repetitiveness of the gameplay. This new school would save us from not getting board, and add another type of mechanic for the gameplay. And I know Astral magic is a type of mechanic. But you could have this as a specific type of mechanic only this school could do. And there are some people that would think that some of the new players being able to play this school would be unfair. Well, there could be a level cap for the school like you have to get to level 100 before unlocking the school on the sorting book. Then you could start from the beginning with this new school. As for the school, I have no idea what it could be. That I am going to leave to you guys and KI so What do you think and what should the new schools be and what mechanics should they have? And also what level do you think you should be to start the school, if you should be any level to start the new school. And Where do you think your school should be located at and where should it be located in Ravenwood? I think i would kinda be cool if it were located in place of the death school. That's where the level cap could come in at. You have to be at least a certain level so you know that the death school is missing there in the beginning then at that level you would get a notification that you unlocked it and you can now make that class. Hope you like my Idea. HopeIcan awn ser questions you have.
If it's a starting school (as your title suggests), then you must be able to start it at level 1. That's why it's not feasible to have a school continue in Celestia, as you learn all your "base" spells in either Wizard City or Krokotopia. To add on that, you learn all your "base" spells before you reach Celestia, given normal circumstances.

One of my problems that I have with this opinion is that nobody has an idea of what the school would be called. What abilities make it unique. What would be effective towards the monsters of the Spiral under this school, et cetera.

I would also like to point out that we still, and probably always will, only have six character slots to fill with our choice of the seven schools.

Just my concerns on the matter.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Thank you for responding! And I see where you're coming from having to go to Celestia or somewhere pretty far away from LVL 1 wouldn't be good. As far as to what it would be called I thought of something along kinda these schools:
School of Crystal:
This school is a medium hit school. Its Specialty is using half bubbles to power up your team. So let's say a normal bubble goes around the whole battle arena circle, these half bubbles goes around your team's side and stops in the middle so only your side gets the power up. And they will kinda be similar to the boosts your followers in Khrysalis and Polaris gives you.

Then the school of music:
These spells not only hit your enemies but some of them inspire your friends to do certain things. Like for an example a spell called Rock and Roll Will boost the power of your allies next spell. Spells around the idea of classical or jazz will boost your resist.

These are a few ideas with schools!

And then hopefully after we have new schools they will decide to put in more character slots.

I hope you enjoy these schools and if not what schools would you like to see?