Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

soil won't take seed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2011
Twice now, I have run into soil that won't take my seed. I use all enchanted soil because regular plants will grow in it, so I don't have to worry about changing plants. My seed would go into all the soil but 3. They are all the same plants and medium soil size, but a long time ago I had it happen with 2 large size soil.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
What house is it in? Are the plots stacked? Are there any housing items or parts of the house decoration graphics near the plots?

Survivor
Jun 12, 2011
Both houses are Red Barn Farms. Yes, I do stack. The two large soil I put around the outside of the stacked soil. The three medium are part the bottom of a stacked row. I can plant in the second soil, but not the first, third, or fourth. The stacked row, I figured it could be part of the stack, even though it let me put it in. The large soil is a completely different Red Barn. Again, because the program allowed it, I thought it would be ok.

Thanks for response.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Logans run on Jul 23, 2016 wrote:
Both houses are Red Barn Farms. Yes, I do stack. The two large soil I put around the outside of the stacked soil. The three medium are part the bottom of a stacked row. I can plant in the second soil, but not the first, third, or fourth. The stacked row, I figured it could be part of the stack, even though it let me put it in. The large soil is a completely different Red Barn. Again, because the program allowed it, I thought it would be ok.

Thanks for response.
When soil is placed too close to another stacked soil, one of them will not take a seed once the other has a seed in it. Sometimes not at all. Without seeing your garden first hand I can't tell you for sure the problem, but it sounds like the spacing of your soils is too close.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2011
Think the bottom line is, the program is not always right. It allowed the plots to be set, but then would not let the plant be planted. The row is of 4 I can plant in 2 and not 1,3, or 4 If it is because of one plant is planted you would think I could plant in 1 and 3 or 1 and 4 lol

Defender
Jun 04, 2014
I have encountered this while harvesting plants. Basically, upper layers of soil (yes I stack) - if there are plants in the layers of soil below it, will sometimes prevent you from planting a seed. The way to get around this is to harvest all plants from the lower layers first and work your way up to the topmost level. Sometimes you may have to wait until the plants in all the layers in that stack can be harvested for it to work. It is an annoying bug, but you can work around it. Basically if you see a plant that rises above the layers of soil above it, (evil magma peas can sometimes rise up through 2 layers of soil above the bottom layer when mature), you can be sure you are going to have issues planting a seed in the upper layers until that lower layer plant is harvested.