Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crafting vs Grdening vs Fishing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 25, 2010
Hi people, so I'm here to ask for opinions: which hobbie do you think is best and why? I'm a level 47 Pyromancer and in the past I have gardened a little in my dorm, recently tred out fishing, and have just crafted for the quests around the worlds. Never have I crafted out of pure will. So, what hobbie do you think will suit me best? Why? Thank you.

Hero
May 07, 2015
ineffablebeing on Jan 19, 2016 wrote:
Hi people, so I'm here to ask for opinions: which hobbie do you think is best and why? I'm a level 47 Pyromancer and in the past I have gardened a little in my dorm, recently tred out fishing, and have just crafted for the quests around the worlds. Never have I crafted out of pure will. So, what hobbie do you think will suit me best? Why? Thank you.
gardening its easier

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
the argument is really gardening or fishing since crafting doesnt require energy at all. here's the thing with gardening and fishing:

1) gardening gives you tons of mega pet snacks (when using the right seeds) along with gold, tc, housing items, etc. Depending on what else you do, this can be a HUGE windfall

2) Fishing - the system is broken and has been since it's inception. If you read THIS , you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. Gardening doesnt have those issues. That being said, SOME things you have no choice to fish for if you want to craft certain items like decks or tapestries.

Ultimately, what hobbies you do in game determine what other hobbies you'll need to do in order to accomplish your own personal success rate

Explorer
Sep 06, 2010
Crafting
The gear is nice and so are Tc's

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
Probably Crafting, IF not crafting Gardening, I Find Crafting More fun Since I Like to Explore Things And Gather materials

I Like Crafting Because its pretty easy to collect things Since your Mostly Always Battling and exploring, you just get the Items while You Quest, Same thing With Gardening.

Gardening Is Just so Much More Annoying, Cause you have to get online Every single Time you wake up to take care of you Plants, Its Just So Stressful, So I don't Do Gardening, Even though I do Have the time to do it, Its Just to annoying.

But you do Get Good Rewards from Gardening So Its not That Bad..

Eric GoldenFist, Level 88 Wizard.

P.S Sun serpent IS SOOOO cool.