Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 1-8-16

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 06, 2013
These are the things for me should change for the new year.

1. For the first request, you should make mounts more faster, because the game is big and there a lot to travel such as quests.
2. Make PvP faster by adding a feature that lets you play a match that restricts you from healing or having any card that involves healing or summoning up a minion, because those factors make PvP longer.
3. Improving spell card animations or making new ones, because they are getting a bit old.
4. Give more fishing xp on the basic fishes, because you earn so little xp on finding a common frost dekoi or some other fish and unlike in gardening, you get a lot of xp even if there are basic plants.

I would like to see these new changes or at least one to make the game more fun each year.

Alejandro
36 wizard

Survivor
Feb 20, 2010
I would like to see a pet adoption center added to the Pet Pavilion.

I'm tired of trying to get all the talents I want on one pet. True, there's money to be made- but if someone has lots of good pets (like my aunt) and someone has no good pets (like me) they might give me one. And there was already money spent to make that pet good.

Survivor
Nov 15, 2008
I hope that we can get more stat mounts. More universal pet jewels. Easier ways to lvl after one has a max level already (doubtful). Easier ways to tend to our big gardens. More shadow involvement (broad topic, but any additions would be kewl). Badges that give stat bonuses would be awesome. The return of Kol ShadowSong (We didn't even fight him in nastrond!). More places to add jewels (Ex. Visors, belts, shoe buckles. I suggest you come up with a better name though lol. More powerful jewels to rival the 6% pierce jewels. Please do not put in another darkmoor type dungeon, I will curl up into a ball and die. Automatic pet training (When you're sleeping, all that time is wasted). That's a little to choose from. Hope KI won't disappoint ;)

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Here's something I'd love to see in 2016...

...a do over elixir for pet talents.

A do over pet talent elixir allows you to turn back the clock by one pet age to remove a talent that isn't wanted on your pet. And once that talent is removed, only another talent your pet has can be selected to replace it; with zero chance for the talent you removed to return.

This way, you still have to put in time to train and level your pet; but now it feels as if you're more in control of the training and outcome, without wasting any time in the process.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
We should avenge the Gobblers who inhabit Colossus Boulevard!

Survivor
Dec 17, 2008
Ok I have two glitches to report:
1. Cool Ranch Combat Theme 3 sounds like Celestial Combat Music instead
2. The Pet Bread Crumbs are awesome, but they malfunction a lot (especially with teleportation)

Besides that I'd just like to say, if you aren't already planning to, I think it would be awesome if, in the final world of the Third Age, you took true form of the Rat, Bat, and Scorpion, and made them into high level Shadow Spells. Thanks for the great work so far guys!

Survivor
Feb 05, 2012
I think something that should be added is a house from the Arcanum that you can buy with gold, or crowns, or even being able to craft them. I also have some ideas for other houses such as a house inside of bartelby. Also I think that the worlds in witch the Arcanum teachers are from should be added.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2012
More jewel sockets
Train mounts? Or mount races
Lvl 110 joshuashadowrunner

Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
As per the discussion on the FB page; why not give a choice for solo or team players when it comes to dungeons? Sometimes friends are not online, or you can't seem to find anyone to help out when going into a dungeon, and some players just want to play solo. It would help a lot if there were a choice.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
QueenELuv1 on Jan 8, 2016 wrote:
Too bad we can only choose one thing. I would love to see some options for showcasing some of our items. As of now we can use mannequins to show our outfits but nothing else. It would be really nice to have maybe some display cases to show our athames, amulets and rings. Some of them are so interesting and cool looking but you'd never know because when we equip them you cannot see them like you can gear. I believe this would also eliminate the issue of bank space. If we can place those items in a display case it will keep them out of our banks freeing up some of those spots. I would gladly pay gold, crowns or even if a crafting option was available. Maybe even a glass wardrobe to allow for like 10 outfits to hold, 5 top row and 5 bottom. The wardrobe could be something like the seed vaults. These could all have limits like the mannequins 7 inside and 7 outside each home. We keep getting new worlds, levels and packs yet never any more space to accommodate all these new items. I like to keep lots of things, especially items from packs. I believe this is a great way to keep all those fun items we love and still have some bank space for ourselves. Not to mention to show all the creative designs the creators and artists have worked so hard to make for us that we currently don't get to see.
oh yes!
very good idea!!!

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Crown Shop Clothing Set that grows with our wizard
Part 1
By design it would be (literally) only average stat-wise, but it would cover all the bases and massively diminish the need to keep a million items for all our activities. I'd use this whole outfit 90% of the time & switch out a piece or two for dungeons or at night into energy gear.

• Buy the bundle at any level
  • Every piece has jewel sockets – which change or expand with leveling – according to whatever KI is planning for other Crown Gear in the future.
  • Active stats are an average for those available in Crown Gear for that level.
  • universal gear & universal stats
  • stats depend on level of character equipping the item "atm" & change when a different character equips it & as a character levels.
  • Changes occur every 5 levels
  • The change is a straight % boost from the previous level (ex. if the boost was 15% and the hat gave 50 Health at level 10 then at level 15 it gives 58 Health & at 20 it would give 67 & level 25 it gives 77.)

ran out of characters ... to be continued.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Continued from above Clothing Bundle that grows with your wizard.
Part 2

Re: Stats
  • All stats available on any Crown Gear are available on this set – but only active if the Crown Gear of your level has that stat.
o (So on a level 5 character the hat might only have Energy & Health, but the same hat on a level 90 character would have Energy, Health, Pip, Accuracy, Damage, Critical, etc. All the stats on all CROWN gear hats for level 90 characters.)

• The stat system would be based on averages per item type.
ex: hats; the base stat would be an average of all still available Crown hats for level 10 and range to all still available crown hats for level 100.
  • The percentage boost for each stage between would be designed to approximately start us at an average of level 10 normal boosts & get us to an average of approximately normal level 100 boosts.
  • Each stat would probably have a different percentage boost applied to it as we're just bridging from average available at level 10 to average available at level 100. For example, I don't think the Health and Power Pip could use the same percentage.

to be continued ... says I have over 800 char...till I paste then I'm way over?

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Part 3 Re: A Crown Shop Clothing Bundle that Grows With Your Wizard

I hate No Trade items – because I start characters over – but we'd have to think of a way to encourage people to buy multiple sets, making up for losses on other clothing bundle sales.

Though people would still buy the serious Energy, or Damage or Resist gear to add to this outfit for mix & match occasions.

Or this bundle could support a shift KI might need – reduce clogging because of hoarding or abject confusion (me) – and shift our cash purchases to something else:
  • A KI Go Fund Me type thing that once there are enough donations something happens - like a bigger team for faster world development or charity donations or Mermaids101 / Titans101 / Endeavor101 – (we head into outer space)
  • OR a KI themed line of real items a store front on the web that offers normal key chains & coffee cups as well as items that were designed by the artists at KI and turned into real tables and sofas etc.
We could pay to decorate a real room w/Wizard101 things.

I'd totally buy a Fine Wood Table for my dining room! And the green rug in the World Tree, and the sofas & chairs from Wysteria... not the fun crazy stuff - but the in game things that would make the real world prettier - I'd totally buy that.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
What I would like to see changed is the ending of Polaris. I have tried fighting the rat several times. I used team up and got a team of three wizards we could not defeat the rat. On another attempt I set up my fire wizard to have all the fire dispels that could be put in the deck and TC fire dispels in the decks of both wizards I was using. This slowed down the rat but did not allow me to defeat him because of all the ways he cheats. The final battle has so many cheats that the boss does, it is not even fun. Also when the battle got to the round were the titan hits so hard he kills the whole team there was no impressive show of the sky anchor being shattered. He just took another chip out of it. A boss that uses that many cheats needs to have the titan he has created turn on him or the gem stone magic turn against him some way. If the gem stone has such strong magic that the rat can create a titan with it then the gem stones power was something the wizard could have felt when handling a small piece of it. It is not right to have the game require teams of four to win when the game cannot provide every player with a good team of four wizards every time a wizard wants to finish all the quests in the game. With this boss just having a team of four is not good enough it requires having a team that knows just what the one way to win is. This is favoring a few elite players and is no longer a game for all players.There is nothing in the story line saying that the wizard needs to be in a team of four. With Darkmoor it said in the story line that the wizard needed to bring a team of wizards. Darkmoor was also a side story so a player could skip it and enjoy the rest of the game. Failing to complete Darkmoor does not prevent a wizard from going on to other worlds. However defeating the rat appears to be required quest to go on to any new worlds added after Polaris.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
The thing I'd most like to see added to the game is Professor Greyrose's home world--even if it's just a side world like Wintertusk, but a long world with a complete story line. We could get a call from Professor Greyrose saying that something has happened in her candy world (where the roads are made of cookies, the rivers are chocolate, and the trees are made of candy--imagine the fish we could get!) and she needs us to investigate. Her old friend will be there to guide us through and find out what's causing the problem.

We could have gumdrop forests and streets overflowing with molasses that slow us down and get us pulled into battles, gingerbread dungeons! It should be a world starting around lvl 50 or 60, but with more quests or dungeons as you get higher levels. Maybe even a new quest there ever ten levels?

Also: Gingerbread house and housing items for our wizards in the crown shop and/or craft. Cool new mounts, and Candy World themed pets and gear.

Please consider this! I want to play in Greyrose's Candy World! Thank you for a great 2015. Looking forward to 2016.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Also, to second a few of the other comments:

Yes! Please put the skate mount in the crownshop, even if only for Throwback Thursday once in a while. I have two pair, but want them for all my wizards. (And I'm a little ashamed of how many crowns I spent trying to get those two sets...)

And, please, yes, add some kind of gear and housing vaults! That would be a dream come true. (Also, making the seed vault a universal like for all plants would be cool. Just sayin'.)

A pet adoption center! Love that idea. I have hundreds of pets that are good, but not what I want to carry. Might be perfect for someone else, or a good start to get them hatching since part of the world would be done already for them.

And, lol, I love the idea of an online shop where we could buy real-world items styled after Wizard101 stuff. Also, stuffed animals that look like our pets. Maybe even partner with Build-a-Bear workshop? They have My Little Pony and Star Wards stuff, why not Wiz? KI could even do a charity pet through them once a year.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Firecull on Jan 14, 2016 wrote:
The thing I'd most like to see added to the game is Professor Greyrose's home world--even if it's just a side world like Wintertusk, but a long world with a complete story line. We could get a call from Professor Greyrose saying that something has happened in her candy world (where the roads are made of cookies, the rivers are chocolate, and the trees are made of candy--imagine the fish we could get!) and she needs us to investigate. Her old friend will be there to guide us through and find out what's causing the problem.

We could have gumdrop forests and streets overflowing with molasses that slow us down and get us pulled into battles, gingerbread dungeons! It should be a world starting around lvl 50 or 60, but with more quests or dungeons as you get higher levels. Maybe even a new quest there ever ten levels?

Also: Gingerbread house and housing items for our wizards in the crown shop and/or craft. Cool new mounts, and Candy World themed pets and gear.

Please consider this! I want to play in Greyrose's Candy World! Thank you for a great 2015. Looking forward to 2016.
YES!! Professor Greyrose's Candy World!

I want to learn all about how the sisters became evil but Greyrose was good - or did she have a wild youth and a harrowing turn-around? I want to play in a world that looks and feels like the Gingerbread House housing object. And to have a gingerbread house for my wizards!

I have heard that the Gobblers are from there as well - not my favorite characters, so I hope they don't dominate the world.

I did see somewhere an idea of a giant Muffin Man boss - that would be awesome.

We could have gummy bear pets, and icing wars, and Cookie Comrades - tc battle minions - walking oreos with faces, and the Ginger Bread House could have a Gummey Gazebo in the yard (made of gummy Dots - the light shines through like stained glass and inside the gazebo is a
kaleidoscopic rainbow of color & light)

My nephew's mount idea is to swim in a giant glass of milk - but I think we could adapt that to be like the coconut mount - hold a glass of milk and you glide down the cookie road. (just the movement couldn't be clunky - like the ponies already in the game - or I couldn't buy one, as it's too irritating for my eyes. Oh btw thank you for bringing out so many new smoother moving mounts - I liked my broom but I love the seraph wings & skates.)
OH or a cloud of cookie sprinkles or whip cream could be new all-school mounts like the new school mounts ... only NOT CRAFTED PLEASE.

This would probably be a bright world of pastels & jewel tones - a perfect time to introduce a larger color pallet for dying clothes, mounts, pets & housing objects. A great place for a brand new dye shop and whole new line of clothing items (since it's too hard to re-code the old gear to accept new colors.) If you do this - please at the very least open both boys & girls to one whole current pallet - just give us access to all the currently available colors. Though adding new ones as well would be preferable.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Helenie Nightseer on Jan 14, 2016 wrote:
YES!! Professor Greyrose's Candy World!

I want to learn all about how the sisters became evil but Greyrose was good - or did she have a wild youth and a harrowing turn-around? I want to play in a world that looks and feels like the Gingerbread House housing object. And to have a gingerbread house for my wizards!

I have heard that the Gobblers are from there as well - not my favorite characters, so I hope they don't dominate the world.

I did see somewhere an idea of a giant Muffin Man boss - that would be awesome.

We could have gummy bear pets, and icing wars, and Cookie Comrades - tc battle minions - walking oreos with faces, and the Ginger Bread House could have a Gummey Gazebo in the yard (made of gummy Dots - the light shines through like stained glass and inside the gazebo is a
kaleidoscopic rainbow of color & light)

My nephew's mount idea is to swim in a giant glass of milk - but I think we could adapt that to be like the coconut mount - hold a glass of milk and you glide down the cookie road. (just the movement couldn't be clunky - like the ponies already in the game - or I couldn't buy one, as it's too irritating for my eyes. Oh btw thank you for bringing out so many new smoother moving mounts - I liked my broom but I love the seraph wings & skates.)
OH or a cloud of cookie sprinkles or whip cream could be new all-school mounts like the new school mounts ... only NOT CRAFTED PLEASE.

This would probably be a bright world of pastels & jewel tones - a perfect time to introduce a larger color pallet for dying clothes, mounts, pets & housing objects. A great place for a brand new dye shop and whole new line of clothing items (since it's too hard to re-code the old gear to accept new colors.) If you do this - please at the very least open both boys & girls to one whole current pallet - just give us access to all the currently available colors. Though adding new ones as well would be preferable.
Great ideas! I love all of this!

Also, a two player (or better! Four player) mount that looks kind of like Cinderella's coach, but it's made of spun sugar. Or a cupcake! I want a cupcake mount.

And, yes, please, let the boy characters have pink. *begs*

Survivor
Aug 16, 2014
Hello. In the Wizard 101 I'm known as Steven Blood. I have one of the biggest
face books open gaming around. I have been asked by my followers to bring this up to you're attention, and I hope you agree with it? My followers wanted to ask, if there is anyway you could open all the quest in Wizard City to those that are not members yet? This way, the none members can finish all the quest in Wizard City without having to be a member? Then when they are ready to goto, Krokotopia and all of the other realms? Then they could become members to goto those places? This way they feel like they have not been left behind. As a business owner myself for over 30 years? I can see you getting more players playing, and more becoming members. Right now it does not seem fair to the players to play, and enjoy themselves. Then not being able to finish the quest they started because they are not members. They start leaving the game upset. If you did do I stated? I know you will make more money, and have very happy players. Please think about it? Give it at less one year to see if this works or not? At less you gave it a try? Please let me know on what has been decided? Thank you for you're time in this matter.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
How about a new housing item, like a mannequin, that players could place clothing items on display? I hate seeing my favorite pieces sitting in my inventory and I think it would be really cool if you could display them in your home. Also, I thought if adding storage space to your bank or shared bank could be a possibility at all, maybe paying crowns for +25-50 spaces would be awesome!-Haley IceGem

Survivor
Jan 07, 2012
Mirage. I bet it would be just plain amazing after seeing Polaris.

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
robofx01 on Jan 14, 2016 wrote:
Hello. In the Wizard 101 I'm known as Steven Blood. I have one of the biggest
face books open gaming around. I have been asked by my followers to bring this up to you're attention, and I hope you agree with it? My followers wanted to ask, if there is anyway you could open all the quest in Wizard City to those that are not members yet? This way, the none members can finish all the quest in Wizard City without having to be a member? Then when they are ready to goto, Krokotopia and all of the other realms? Then they could become members to goto those places? This way they feel like they have not been left behind. As a business owner myself for over 30 years? I can see you getting more players playing, and more becoming members. Right now it does not seem fair to the players to play, and enjoy themselves. Then not being able to finish the quest they started because they are not members. They start leaving the game upset. If you did do I stated? I know you will make more money, and have very happy players. Please think about it? Give it at less one year to see if this works or not? At less you gave it a try? Please let me know on what has been decided? Thank you for you're time in this matter.
Yes, I also had that same thought and it makes sense and it would be great for people who don't have memberships or is trying out the game. It is just one world, I hope they at least read this and put some thought into whether or not they change that.

Survivor
Oct 31, 2010
Delver
Jul 17, 2009
If only one thing, bring back some of the retired, and exclusive pets.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
....*crosses fingers* Just one more?...

Could we please see an adjustment in the gear drops across the board -
  • It would be much nicer if the drops matched the level of the area the battle is in. So if you have done all the quests and side quests up to a given area - the drops would be useful for that level. And if you don't do the side quests as you get there they would be a little above the level your' playing at & you can just "grow" into it. There'd still be lots to sell in the bazaar either because Crown Gear is almost always superior - but sometimes a dropped free piece has stats that augment Crown Gear in a certain situation. And Crown Gear would still sell because dropped free gear is usually very specific in it's use. Only spirit resist, pip & health or something like that.
  • Also, it would mean a lot - if the quest rewards that are gear were valuable items for the level of the quest or just above that level (for those who don't do the side quests.) The only 2 times I can remember getting quest reward gear I was glad I'd gotten was the first critical helmet from Diego and the Sword of Kings in Avalon. Every other one I can recall was so far below level or such limited stats that I couldn't really use it. I know it's a little thing - but if you get something from a guide or trainer - you want it to be special (like that sword or the helmet) something you'll use gratefully for many levels to come (like that sword) (It's use is very limited 10 levels later - but I still use it when I'm playing as the team healer.)

I do my side quests as I go along so my health is high enough to handle the challenges coming - but it also means that as I get to the mainline quest battles the drops are way below my level. It would be nice to be getting gear I'm going to need now or in a level or two, not just more to be sold.

Thanks again for all your work and creativity and Happy Friday!