Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Loremaster

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 12, 2011
Dear, I would like to expose a small problem that I have seen in dungeons to gain new spells as Loremaster for example, I understand that part of the game have some difficulty to get new spells but have cases where it takes us an absurdly long time, I have lost count of how many times I was in Loremaster in a period of approximately 15 days to earn deer knight without success but have won four balance of spells, a fire, a myth, a life and also a death, the less I want , deer knight, my suggestion is, would be unable to determine a maximum number for the characters gain the spells of your classes? For example, it could be 30 or 40 times, and from the maximum number drop for the character of their class spells, I see that the game is very annoying when trying to get something and often can not, it's frustrating.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2010
Since you have a number of spells already, ask yourself: did you use death every time for the final kill and what class spell did you get? Did it ever vary on what class spell you used and what class spell dropped? Did you ever watch what spell was cast against the Lore Master and then what spell school she casts the next round? What spell school did she cast last before lore rolls were handed out?

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Flint Ravenclaw on Nov 10, 2015 wrote:
Since you have a number of spells already, ask yourself: did you use death every time for the final kill and what class spell did you get? Did it ever vary on what class spell you used and what class spell dropped? Did you ever watch what spell was cast against the Lore Master and then what spell school she casts the next round? What spell school did she cast last before lore rolls were handed out?
Why? None of that actually matters.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2014
i have had the same trouble but way worse. i have spent months on end farming loremaster on different characters not once have i ever gotten the spell i wanted. i agree with the fight cap thing but make it more around 200. i have spent lots of crowns trying to get the spells i want and still havent gotten a single one. ive put lots of money into this game and its very annoying that the only way i can get spells is to craft which means my characters must be in zafaria. my favorite type of pvp is low lvl and i cant get the spells i need for pvp. this is very annoying and needs to be fixed because ive spent lots of money over the years but for some reason i cant get any spells i want even with all that hard work.i am very frustrated and i know you really need to make money but this is crazy how much i spend and i get nothing.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2011
I gave up trying to earn deer knight battling Loremaster, I decided to craft a quest and I will do the magic, really does not fall deer knight in Loremaster.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2009
Seems that all who have mentioned want deer knight. Well, my ice wizard got it on the first try and has since gained several more one from balance school and one from myth but to date after around one thousand tries I have yet to get one of the ice school spells and have also tried procuring through buying multiple packs and spent several hundred dollars on crowns. It is just one of those things it is random and I may never get them but I will keeps trying, so is the nature of the beast.

Explorer
Sep 06, 2010
i probably have around 40-50 attempts with not even a single spell drop
the only good drops i get are the occasional rebirth tc
I really want ninja pigs and lore master

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
No one ever said it would be fast or easy. It's not like you're trying to get a ring or boots that you'll use for a few levels... these are permanent spells we're talking about! These are spells that you'll probably use until you max out your wizard's level. It shouldn't be easy and the drop rate should definitely not be changed. Sure, it would be great if we could walk into the dungeon and have the Loremaster just stand there handing out spells to everyone but it wouldn't be very satisfying would it? 50 or more attempts is not unheard of but some have gotten spells the first time out. That's the way it works. It's all a roll of the dice and people have been complaining about it (like they do everything else in the game) since the start. Nothing the Loremaster drops is NECESSARY to play the game and continue to progress. If it was otherwise then there might be a legitimate reason to complain, but these are "bonus" spells. If you want them then you have to be prepared to put in the time and effort like everyone before you.