Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Slow? Disconnecting? Freezing?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
OK, so I've been having issues lately with the game. This is what happens: While playing, people around me will freeze and enemies will keep moving (unless we're in a fight) usually walking off the middle of the road, all while my character is still able to move around. If I wait, sometimes the game will "come back" to the point of being able to talk with them again. During this "frozen" time I'm unable to teleport to anyone since my BL will be blank, nor am I able to leave that area. This is extremely frustrating and is leaving the game unplayable. I have one of the latest NVidia cards and play on a PC made for gaming, RAM and memory also isn't a problem, nor is it my internet connection since I'm able to play many different MMOs with servers on the other side of the world, and these would be the latest MMOs with heavy graphics. What's the issue? I have friends who are complaining of the same thing, so is this KI's servers?

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I've also had some lagging issues, characters moving very jerkily and getting pulled into fights, slow transitions between areas, and general difficulties in game play. The spell choosing countdown often moves so slowly that it will display 10 seconds left but the round will begin.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
Happens to me too a lot
I think its an internet problem though. It always works my Ice wiz Caleb LotusHaven but gets stuck on my death

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I'm testing whether or not it's Windows 10 by reinstalling the game on my old Win 7 laptop. I'll report back if it's both machines or just the Ultrabook - because the jerkiness is getting so annoying I can't play.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2011
also should have mentioned, I use windows 7

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
OhimeKowai on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
also should have mentioned, I use windows 7
Hmmm, almost all of the jerkiness is resolved in Windows 7. (And this machine is an i5, whereas the Win10 box is an i7?)

I still have lag and delay switching rooms, joining battles, any time I get a loading screen though.

Survivor
May 01, 2011
Same here I just sent a topic about it and I don't know why people aren't responding I sent one a month ago and I just sent one today so I guess we have to wait cause this is getting annoying. And I am so close to beating Aztecs :D

Survivor
May 30, 2014
atleastaworld2250 on Oct 3, 2015 wrote:
Same here I just sent a topic about it and I don't know why people aren't responding I sent one a month ago and I just sent one today so I guess we have to wait cause this is getting annoying. And I am so close to beating Aztecs :D
Have you try switching realms at all?

Delver
May 12, 2012
Yeah, that does happen a lot. Once in Avalon I was doing a collect quest and then when I ran into the guys, they all seperated and went into the sky or through a mountain. It was really weird. After 30 seconds, I was still standing in the middle and boom, I got pulled in and me and my friend got seperated into 2 different fights. The same thing happened on her screen.

So yeah, I totally agree, it is annoying, hopefully W101 people will see and try to fix it. It has been happening to me since Ultra Summer came out into the live realm. What about everyone else???

~ Allison Dragongem 80

Survivor
May 07, 2013
It has been happening to me since this past Friday(10/11/15) - good to know its not just my problem Up until Friday game was running Great ... now it keeps dropping my connection and freezing up all the time it seems!

PLEASE lok into the issues KI

Survivor
Dec 26, 2011
At this exact moment I am having trouble with the server. It disconnected me, then I couldn't get back on. It's been twenty minutes, and my wifi's fine. And I've been freezing or getting disconnected out of the blue when the rest of my family's wifi is perfect. I don't get it either!

Delver
May 12, 2012
Yeah totally :( I look at my wifi and if it is 4 bar or up and it happens I am like okay, and then I look back to my game and it is still knocked off!

~ Ali <3