Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Jewel Sockets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
I don't understand why you would allow us to make a Pet, Raise that pet to a certain point to where a Socket will open and then only to find out that just because your pet has already manifested the talent the Jewel is you can not affix it...

I mean, OK, My Pet get's 5 talents.. The Jewel Socket was an addition to the Pets so that you could affix Jewels to make your pet Stronger...

To me, Your Manifested Talents shouldn't have anything to do with the Sockets. So therefore, you should be able to add a Jewel to your pet even if the Jewel gives the same"Talent" your Pet already has.

Example: I went to Affix a + 6% Death Giver Jewel to my Fossil but can't because it already manifested Death Giver, So I had to end up using a lower Jewel of + 3% Death Boon.

Just doesn't make any sense to me that you would make our pets to where you can affix jewels to make it more powerful, but then make it to where you can't use that jewel if it is the same talent it already has.

Should be able to Affix a Jewel to your pets socket for that level even if your pet has it already in it's Talent Pool.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
There's no shortage of talents. If you already have a talent, there's no need to add it, and being able to double dealer talents (for example) would get over-powered. Being able to have proof, defy, dealer, giver, pain, and boon seems quite nice to me. You could also have double resist, triple damage, and a heal. Wonderful!

Just train fully before affixing a jewel so you know what talent you are missing.