Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Filling the classroom. what next?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 11, 2013
Fellow Wizards I'm in a quandry, I've decided I'm going to finish filling the classroom and create a 6th wizard.
I have a max level ice, storm and death. I have a level 41 and change myth, a level 29 life[which I need to work on] which leaves either Balance or Fire for my final school.
Everyone probably has their own opinions but I'm torn. I wouldn't mind a balance but everyone of my friends whose balance[and life for that matter] tells me it's hard to run one, especially if you don't have any friends. or just like to solo. The latter of which tends to be me. I'm the proverbial bull in teh china shop. I like to go questing and destroy all comers. My friends with fire tell me fire is probably about as bad maybe a little worse for accuracy and fizzles as my storm was...but hits good. So I don't know, as I said. I'm kinda torn on which way I should go.

Connor exalted thaumaturge

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Sure balance is hard. But you've run 5 other wizards, hard shouldn't be a problem. Fire would just be more of the same, not really much different from ice or storm. Balance is much more likely to seem new and interesting.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
My Main is fire. I think fire is the way to go. Its a mix between power and health. Fires in a sense are like weaker storms, and they stay alive longer. To me I think its just the easier way to go. Good luck with your choice :)

Explorer
Sep 22, 2013
I agree with DanTheTerrible, Balance may be a long ride, but it's worth it in the end.

Lenora SkullShade100

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
If you understand how the game works, then Balance will not be a problem for you. It would also provide you with more of a challenge (in a good way) than going with fire.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
TheCurlyWolf on Jul 24, 2015 wrote:
Fellow Wizards I'm in a quandry, I've decided I'm going to finish filling the classroom and create a 6th wizard.
I have a max level ice, storm and death. I have a level 41 and change myth, a level 29 life[which I need to work on] which leaves either Balance or Fire for my final school.
Everyone probably has their own opinions but I'm torn. I wouldn't mind a balance but everyone of my friends whose balance[and life for that matter] tells me it's hard to run one, especially if you don't have any friends. or just like to solo. The latter of which tends to be me. I'm the proverbial bull in teh china shop. I like to go questing and destroy all comers. My friends with fire tell me fire is probably about as bad maybe a little worse for accuracy and fizzles as my storm was...but hits good. So I don't know, as I said. I'm kinda torn on which way I should go.

not the popular opinion here, but i'm going to suggest going with fire.

"wait a sec, von... aren't you an exalted balance wizard?"

yes. yes i am. and that is why i would, in your position, choose fire instead.

my very first wizard was balance, and i hated it until about level 60. because of it, though, the other schools were so much easier to play by comparison... and then i discovered my love of destroying things in one shot. lol.

(don't get me wrong; post-legendary balance can be awesome, as mine is. but you're trading high damage and accuracy for better health and school heals, and you will be forced to rely heavily on off-school treasure cards (shatter and cleanse charm mostly, since you have no way of bypassing shields and/or weakness until, oh, level 92).

put simply, you've been spoiled by high damage and accuracy boosts from gear; fire has slightly lower damage and slightly higher base accuracy than storm, and perfect accuracy is easily achieved with gear... unlike balance, who suffers a huge cut to other stats in the name of a small accuracy boost.

(also, if you choose balance, get used to hearing "just pass and let me kill" from the other schools... and subsequently ignoring them)

/my 2 cents, for what they are worth.

-von

exalted
arch
legend
magus

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Dr Von on Jul 28, 2015 wrote:
not the popular opinion here, but i'm going to suggest going with fire.

"wait a sec, von... aren't you an exalted balance wizard?"

yes. yes i am. and that is why i would, in your position, choose fire instead.

my very first wizard was balance, and i hated it until about level 60. because of it, though, the other schools were so much easier to play by comparison... and then i discovered my love of destroying things in one shot. lol.

(don't get me wrong; post-legendary balance can be awesome, as mine is. but you're trading high damage and accuracy for better health and school heals, and you will be forced to rely heavily on off-school treasure cards (shatter and cleanse charm mostly, since you have no way of bypassing shields and/or weakness until, oh, level 92).

put simply, you've been spoiled by high damage and accuracy boosts from gear; fire has slightly lower damage and slightly higher base accuracy than storm, and perfect accuracy is easily achieved with gear... unlike balance, who suffers a huge cut to other stats in the name of a small accuracy boost.

(also, if you choose balance, get used to hearing "just pass and let me kill" from the other schools... and subsequently ignoring them)

/my 2 cents, for what they are worth.

-von

exalted
arch
legend
magus
Ha ha Von... so true... "just pass and let me kill"!

-or-

"Hey, can you blade me?"

No one appreciates Balance until they need something.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
thanks for the replies. I'm leaning towards fire right this second. Balance as far as difficulty in soloing the game...isn't much of a problem for me. I have a couple good friends I run with every night. and most of the weekend. But yeah I like breaking things too much so probably fire. :)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
TucsonWizard on Jul 28, 2015 wrote:
Ha ha Von... so true... "just pass and let me kill"!

-or-

"Hey, can you blade me?"

No one appreciates Balance until they need something.
yeah really. the other night, i made the mistake of going back to castle dread-more... and our healer outright refused to heal me because "you can't hit".

(bonus question: guess who ran out of cards during the final battle?)

-von "every day i'm (re)shufflin'"shadowsong

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
TheCurlyWolf on Jul 24, 2015 wrote:

It'd be better if they had 7 seats so then you could have a wizard for every school. The school that i would pick would probably be fire. I think it's a fun school!
-JelliBeans603