Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What triggers Icespear?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
I don't know if many have this question, but I was wondering, what in the world triggers Icespear? I would assume that it is a successful attack from the owner, but I honestly hope it isn't. May cast blades rarely cast anyways when I attack, and why would I need it if it is after I attack? It is good for a wand hit, but it still usually doesn't cast.

I personally think KI should either increase chances of casting, such as an opponent attacking as well, or a pass, or they should at least increase the percentage in which it may cast.

So I was wondering, what triggers a pet's "may cast Icespear"? Even if you don't know, simple observations and theories as to what triggers it would be gladly appreciated, thanks.

Survivor
May 08, 2011
I'm pretty sure it is like a may cast blade in which its trigger is successfully attacking. Why this doesn't trigger as much for you may be based on your pet's stats. The better stats you have (strength, intellect, agility, will, power), the more often your pet will cast the spell.

Timothy Darksword lvl 74

Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
May cast blades & spears typically trigger by casting charms or attacking. Either can trigger, but it's also a fairly low cast rate.