Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Level 80~ Balance Deck Set-Up?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
I'm always changing things around cause I'm never satisfied with how varied and pip draining Balance can be to do damage. What would be the perfect set-up that covers most problems that Balance has. Or would it be simpler to say kumbaiya and stack Judgement damage? But what about when fighting Balance baddies?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
ProtonShock on Jun 19, 2015 wrote:
I'm always changing things around cause I'm never satisfied with how varied and pip draining Balance can be to do damage. What would be the perfect set-up that covers most problems that Balance has. Or would it be simpler to say kumbaiya and stack Judgement damage? But what about when fighting Balance baddies?
my first wizard was balance as well; no one ever taught me a thing about proper deck setup, and it took me running out of cards during a boss fight in avalon before i truly got it. so here's how i do things:

standard mob deck (level 80+)

1 sandstorm
1 power nova
2 colossal
1 balanceblade
1 bladestorm
1 amplify
1 reshuffle

tip #1: take out the bladestorm and add a second balanceblade/sharpened blade once you hit level 86.

tip #2: you can use the same setup balance mobs, since they don't have boss-level resist. use the sandstorm to follow up, just in case your power nova doesn't finish the job.

tip #3: i don't carry heals for mob fights~ they just take up space and keep you from getting to the cards you need. if you absolutely must have them in, put them in your sideboard, along with shatter and cleanse charm.

tip #4: stun blocks are your best friends for ice/myth/storm mobs~ if you haven't trained these already (from diego in wc), you'll want to do so immediately.

standard boss deck (level 80+)

1 sandstorm
1 power nova
2 colossal
1 balanceblade
1 bladestorm
3 availing hands
1 amplify
1 reshuffle
1 feint
1 hex
1 elemental blade

tip #1: trap, blade, then use your power nova (and sandstorm, if needed) to kill the minions; if the boss is balance, you can follow up with spectral blasts (the pip cost is less than hydra or chimera, and the damage is more or less the same).

tip#2: these may need to be tailored, since some bosses cheat. but, if there's a specific boss you're struggling with, just ask and i''d be happy to help.

also, what gear/pet/etc. you have equipped can make a difference too. level 56 crafted or waterworks dropped gear will make things much easier for you as well.

running out of space, so that's all for now~ happy and safe questing!

-von
commander von shadowsong, first of her name, exalted