Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Team Up Improvement

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
I absolutely love the Team Up addition to the game, but I feel that it's missing something. I think there should be different choices for certain dungeons that have secret bosses.

For example:

Mount Olympus (Zeus)
Mount Olympus (Gladiator Dimachaerus)

It would make things a little more easier in my opinion, because often you get people in the same instance that want to do either the main boss or the secret boss, and so people need to get a different team (which may have the same problem). I'm not sure about the level of the Wizard counting into these choices and how KingsIsle would program it, but it's just an idea.

Thoughts?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I've been pointing this out since last year. We need to be able to see
  • player levels,
  • dungeon goals (mid/secret boss only), and
  • player roles (speed hitter, heavy hitter, tank, healer, support, etc.).

If we don't have all these things, there are going to be players getting abandoned before the dungeon can even begin. People will cherry-pick, get cold feet, cling too hard to magic school stereotypes, miscommunicate, and leave. That wrecks the value of the whole feature, as it just manufactures disappointment.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Lucas Rain on Jun 1, 2015 wrote:
I've been pointing this out since last year. We need to be able to see
  • player levels,
  • dungeon goals (mid/secret boss only), and
  • player roles (speed hitter, heavy hitter, tank, healer, support, etc.).

If we don't have all these things, there are going to be players getting abandoned before the dungeon can even begin. People will cherry-pick, get cold feet, cling too hard to magic school stereotypes, miscommunicate, and leave. That wrecks the value of the whole feature, as it just manufactures disappointment.
I agreed. I posted all these suggestions on my "Warrior101" thread. Well, at least the player role, but if people just want to farm a certain boss that is not the last one, there should be a way to know it rather than being abandoned halfway.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
I like all those ideas except for showing player levels. I feel like adding player levels is a bad idea, since a lot of people would want a max level on their team and then not choose the team with players on their own level.