Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Secret Mount Olympus Boss Drops

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2013
I don't know if I'm the only one that feels this way, but I'm a level 39 Thaumaturge and I like to farm the secret Mount Olympus boss with my exalted friends, the one who has 30,000 health and his ice minions that have 3,300, (I don't know if I got the minions health right) but anyway he only drops level 90+ gear (that is AWESOME by the way) and I don't know if I should farm anymore since I have a long way to go till 90. And I know that it drops 90 gear cause it's a high health, tough boss meant for higher levels so I don't want to hear any comments like that, so should I stop farming? It is fun and good practice but still, should I wait?

Explorer
Jun 04, 2011
Yes, unless you really enjoy it because it is kind of useless

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
You should do it if you enjoy it, or skip it if you don't. That's pretty much the golden rule for optional content.

I think hard bosses are fun. That one drops rare crafting reagents and a useful pet. Keep the Alpha Omega ring if you get it. You'll want that for sure.

Hero
May 07, 2015
hey i can help you sky sky1030 winf the hard boss in mount olympus lvl 37 wizard lets meet out side of mount olympus wat lvl are you

Survivor
Jan 10, 2014
It matters if you can sell them, if you can sell them sell them because its likely your gonna use them and keep them.

Survivor
Nov 05, 2011
Im not the lvl to go to Mount Olympus but that sounds o good to be true do you know how much gold you can get with a lvl 90+ gear

Survivor
Jul 01, 2013
Blaze TheKid101: I haven't really tried or thought about selling the gear cause in all honesty it's really good gear, but I checked the selling prices (you can't sell them in the bazzar) is like in the early 1000's for gold.

Hero
May 07, 2015
skysky1030 on Jul 4, 2015 wrote:
Blaze TheKid101: I haven't really tried or thought about selling the gear cause in all honesty it's really good gear, but I checked the selling prices (you can't sell them in the bazzar) is like in the early 1000's for gold.
if you get the indego boots you can sell them in the bazzar

Survivor
May 08, 2011
I've done the boss a few times and i would say the only useful things you could get are the reagents, which are really useful later on in the game, gear from your school (sell the repeats), which might not even be useful when you get to level 90, and possibly the pet, depending on what talents it gets and what pet you already have.

Timothy Darksword lvl 74

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
The enchanted armament pet is extremely useful, and drops fairly easily (I had two drop in five battles). Train it to ancient and it gives you two sharpen blade item cards, which are extremely useful. Sharpen blade is an enchantment that adds 10% to the modifier of a regular blade and changes the blade so it stacks with the regular version. If you have your balance tri-blade trained (elemental or spirit blade) this effectively gives you four stacking blades, one school blade, one tri-blade, and a sharpened version of each.

The talents in the first generation enchanted armament gene pool aren't particularly useful, but the sharpen blade cards are worth it in themselves. Better, though, to hatch with someone who has a highly developed version bred to have better talents than the first generation, which you don't need to fight Gladiator Dimachaerus to do. Hatching will cost a large chunk of gold, though, 30-55 thousand depending what you are hatching with.