Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best promotion ever

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2013
The double experience and double reward gardening promotion has got to be the best promotion ever! Thank you so much for taking care of your loyal players!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
brutocumus on Jan 22, 2015 wrote:
The double experience and double reward gardening promotion has got to be the best promotion ever! Thank you so much for taking care of your loyal players!
I second this. What a nice surprise when I harvested! Thanks KI for keeping things interesting.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
More seeds than I can possibly plant between all my wizards. I hate to throw away crown seeds, but suddenly having 100's of CP & EMP seeds eats up a lot of room in backpacks and banks.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
Thank you soooooo much KI I got to legendary gardener with this promotion!

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
seethe42 on Jan 23, 2015 wrote:
More seeds than I can possibly plant between all my wizards. I hate to throw away crown seeds, but suddenly having 100's of CP & EMP seeds eats up a lot of room in backpacks and banks.
I'm just hoping my EMP's hit Elder before Sunday. I only have 25, so it would certainly be a more welcome double up for me. I was pleasantly surprised to see that happen with my DHE's that hit Elder the day the promotion started.

I never thought for a minute that KI would also double Crown seed drops with this. I hope that's not a glitch that's going to be "corrected" the next time (fingers crossed) they have this promotion.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
Just harvested before this started, too bad it's not just one day longer.
Not quite enough time for elder . Was almost really cool :P

Survivor
Feb 13, 2014
High Five Ghost on Jan 24, 2015 wrote:
I'm just hoping my EMP's hit Elder before Sunday. I only have 25, so it would certainly be a more welcome double up for me. I was pleasantly surprised to see that happen with my DHE's that hit Elder the day the promotion started.

I never thought for a minute that KI would also double Crown seed drops with this. I hope that's not a glitch that's going to be "corrected" the next time (fingers crossed) they have this promotion.
The double seeds wont be corrected because: seeds are a reward from the elder harvest, so as per the benefit all rewards must be doubled

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Agreed

This was very much appreciated. Thank you KI.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Well when I heard about this (Thursday) I replanted my EMPs, had all the likes (pixie went on at young) and tended them religiously. Made sure I visited the plants at each stage within the hour of their turning too.
Well, as of midnight last night it seemed my progression bar stopped. As of this morning, still not elder.
What gives? Anyone else see this happen?
My garden is stacked, so maybe it was that, but my wife's garden, planted just around the same time (thursday ~5 pm EST), and not stacked had 7 of 33 go elder by early yesterday evening and the rest were stuck.
Go figure when they have a promotion that really would suit me it turns sour.
Holding out hope they keep the promotion till noonish EST today as it seems my plants took a breather on going elder.
Have all six likes and pest spells on them too. ( RBF house, pixie, boom shroom, Djembe Drum, egg basket and gnome)
Has anyone else ran into this glitch?
Central says just shy of 3 days from seed to elder with all likes, and I read on Central someone planted them Friday morning and had elder peas by Sunday evening. I had that beat by 12-15 hours yet mine took 12 hours (at this writing) longer to elder. So like a day's difference.
What gives?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
pods1973 on Jan 26, 2015 wrote:
Well when I heard about this (Thursday) I replanted my EMPs, had all the likes (pixie went on at young) and tended them religiously. Made sure I visited the plants at each stage within the hour of their turning too.
Well, as of midnight last night it seemed my progression bar stopped. As of this morning, still not elder.
What gives? Anyone else see this happen?
My garden is stacked, so maybe it was that, but my wife's garden, planted just around the same time (thursday ~5 pm EST), and not stacked had 7 of 33 go elder by early yesterday evening and the rest were stuck.
Go figure when they have a promotion that really would suit me it turns sour.
Holding out hope they keep the promotion till noonish EST today as it seems my plants took a breather on going elder.
Have all six likes and pest spells on them too. ( RBF house, pixie, boom shroom, Djembe Drum, egg basket and gnome)
Has anyone else ran into this glitch?
Central says just shy of 3 days from seed to elder with all likes, and I read on Central someone planted them Friday morning and had elder peas by Sunday evening. I had that beat by 12-15 hours yet mine took 12 hours (at this writing) longer to elder. So like a day's difference.
What gives?
You didn't visit your garden at the right times. Just bad luck on timing. Plants only start to progress on the next stage after visiting and taking care of needs. So let's say I visit my garden and they are almost ready to go to the next stage. If I take care of needs and quit before they progress, when I get online and visit home next time, they will be at the next stage, but starting at 0. If I wait for them to progress to next stage before quitting the game for the evening, they will have the bar moved on progress moved along for the time I was away. Hope that wasn't too confusing.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
seethe42 on Jan 26, 2015 wrote:
You didn't visit your garden at the right times. Just bad luck on timing. Plants only start to progress on the next stage after visiting and taking care of needs. So let's say I visit my garden and they are almost ready to go to the next stage. If I take care of needs and quit before they progress, when I get online and visit home next time, they will be at the next stage, but starting at 0. If I wait for them to progress to next stage before quitting the game for the evening, they will have the bar moved on progress moved along for the time I was away. Hope that wasn't too confusing.
I did that after reading about how plants mature (before I did this run). Waited till they moved to the next stage to log off.
Once they got to mature they just slowed right down. I lost a pixie for a couple of hours is all I can think of.
Maybe if a plant doesn't see a pixie for any time during a growth phase you lose the 20% benefit for the whole phase? But that still would not account for the extra day to go elder. That would add 11 hours, which would put me at Monday morning. Lost another 6 hours somewhere.
My wife had a garden as well, and the same thing happened to all but 7 seeds. Her's was not stacked either.
From now on I am going to plant, visit to move them to young, visit to mature, then visit to collect elder. That's it.
I had it timed so I actually saw most of them turn phases.
Planted at 6.
4 hours to young (before bed)
8-10 hours to mature (next morning)
Then they got lazy and took 3+ days to hit elder, about 4 hours after the double rewards ended.
Yes, I am kinda bummed about this. I calculated it all out and I had 12 hours to spare (actually since KI closed this at 10 am EST, it was more like 20, yet I still missed it), and this was $60 in free seeds. Although that $60 is not a big deal (adult), it was the excitement of getting $60 for free.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
I too had problems with my plants getting to elder. I planted Wednesday night. It's like they slowed down the timer for them to get to elder. I had all the likes. Now I'm having trouble with my massive garden. It shows some of the likes, then changes to show them all, there's def some kind of glitch going on. I have 140 EMP's between 2 characters.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2012
Wow this really helps KI but it would be cooler if that happend every other 15 days

Survivor
Jul 28, 2013
Jacob GiantHunter on Jan 30, 2015 wrote:
Wow this really helps KI but it would be cooler if that happend every other 15 days
Yeah, it would help a lot to new gardeners, if the event happened more often it would be so much better for the people who have one or two Evil Magma Peas, or a very small garden like me.