Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pvp players using minions to help them!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 09, 2013
Hi, I was doing a ranked 1v1 match and the other player I was versing casted a minion I didn't know that you were allowed to cast a minion to help you so I didn't have the spell in my deck it was unfair because it was like 1v2 I think KI should make it that minions aren't allowed in ranked PVP.

thanks.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
silverpearl438 on Jan 4, 2015 wrote:
Hi, I was doing a ranked 1v1 match and the other player I was versing casted a minion I didn't know that you were allowed to cast a minion to help you so I didn't have the spell in my deck it was unfair because it was like 1v2 I think KI should make it that minions aren't allowed in ranked PVP.

thanks.
Why on earth shouldn't you use minions? Everyone has them. Just because you can't defeat someone doesn't mean the game or PvP needs to change.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2009

thanks.
Well, first of all, minions are quite weak, the most I've ever seen my level 75 minion cast is a 5 pip handsome fomori, and that usually doesn't do much unless you have blades and traps, which it usually casts on me.

Plus, this might make myth (at lower levels) useless in PvP. I have a friend who is myth and he PvPs, he says that the only reason he can win sometimes is because his minion put a shield on him or something like that. Another thing is that boosts still apply to minions, so just pack a couple of two pip tcs from each school in your deck to kill a minion fast. Every school gets a minion too, so just put a bunch of yours in your deck, it's not the other persons fault that they had a minion and you didn't.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013

thanks.
I understand your point here, Silverpearl438. However, I think that minions should still be allowed. I know that some times they can be unfair, but; just like with the Bad Juju problem; taking away minions would take away the meaning of the Myth School. Myth is about soloing with minions and if minions are band from PvP, myth really won't play PvP to their best. Minions are myth's support. (As resist is ice's; swaps and sacrifices are death's; and so forth) Minions should not be band from PvP because it would take away the meaning of myth in PvP.

Katharine B.