Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do you manage all of your pets

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Is here any interest in having a way to simultaneously view all of your pets side by side?
(i.e., be able to view all pet talents, statistic, and other information at the same time)

Players can view and compare two pets
Move your mouse over one pet to display its talents, and also your equipped pet's talents

But how do you keep up with and manage all of your pets?

Do you use your brilliant memory?

Write everything down on paper?

Use Notepad?

A Word file?

An excel spreadsheet?

Have you found or created a pet management app or software program?

Do you take screen shots of each pet?

Thank you for sharing how you manage your pets, and why you use the method you use.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
Nope.... I just Use the one I like the most and put the others in my house to let them run freely

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
i just place them in my house and then forget where i placed them. Months later I will remember i had a certain pet, but only know it is on some wizard in some house. What ensues is a search through over a dozen houses only to find a piece of furniture i forgot i had or a different pet i forgot all about. At that time, the search for the original pet is forgotten, as my miniscule attention span is now focused on something else. Hours later, I will remember the original search, and the cycle begins all over again. Sometimes I am successful in the search.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
I think the people who hatch to get better pets must be recording their pet info in some manner. With all the duplicate looking pets, it helps to know which ones have the better chance at the talents you are trying to get. Myself, I use 3X5 cards. I file them by which wizard owns it, so if I'm looking for a particular pet of kind of pet, I can see which wiz has it, without having to search all the wizards' packs and houses. Filing it by wizard, if I trade the pet in the shared bank, I just move the card to the other wizard's section, easy. Pets I train have more info on their cards -talents, favorite snacks, etc. Other pets cards might just list name, school of pet and type. Good pets who I want to use for hatches might have the info of their parents too. The ones I'm not interested in training tend to be house decorations.