Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Glitchy Fish

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 15, 2013
Hi! I've noticed that when i am fishing that sometimes instead of the fishes head going to the lure, the fish turns around and its tail goes to the lure? Has anyone else noticed this, I just though it was a bit weird. :P

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I call them tail biters.

I have noticed this happening although I haven't yet figured out why. It really doesn't change your chance of catching the fish, but still odd.

Administrator
Hello Hannah and Gravity,

Can you remember when the most recent day you saw this happen was?

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 11, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Oct 13, 2014 wrote:
Hello Hannah and Gravity,

Can you remember when the most recent day you saw this happen was?
Hi Professor, I have also seen this happening quite abit since the quest for fishing started. I had this happen several times today in the commons and in Kroc entrance hall (I have been fishing ALL day).. It's kind of cute. The fish "backup" on the lure. Maybe a backup beeper is what's needed . It doesn't seem to hamper catching the fish at all.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
It happened today in the commons. I believe the fish was either a firecuda or a mainstream dekoi.

Survivor
Oct 03, 2010
I've been having the same thing, except that the fish goes away from the lure and then bites on it, but when it gets close to it it doesn't, so it bites when it's away from the lure. Also, sometimes when I throw a lure, it is in the air rather than in the water. This is confusing since it's hard to tell if it goes down or not so you will catc the fish. You have to count on the sound, which can be hard if you have a CPU which has lag like mine or you disable sound.