Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hopefully this will help low-mid level PVPers

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 22, 2009
In reading the posts, quite a few people are having problems with PVP strategy at the lower levels (10-39). I just wanted to chime in and give my opinion on the way I was successful in the PVP arena. Please remember that this is my philosophy, and there are others which might suit you better.

- It is important to be able to shield all specific schools, not only with tower.

- Learn Reshuffle spell if you are at that level

- Once you are over level 20, use mainly your own school spells. Your power pip % will be high enough to use your school effectively.

- Always look at the opponents pips and determine at each round what they can and cannot cast. No sense putting up a tower if you are full health and they only have one pip.

- Team play: shield the life first. They are the lifeblood of the team and will keep the team alive

- Kill the opponent’s life first, no team healing means they have to spend pips to heal themselves.

- Pick an opponent and the team kills that player. One person is not responsible for one opponent. If you kill one player, it is one less attack/shield/heal they can cast on or against you

- Play with 2-3 rounds ahead in mind. See what cards you have and have a plan. Discard and draw if necessary, but every card you discard is one less you have to play, discard smartly.

- AOE spells work well. Puts the entire team under pressure.

- Side deck: keep a TC heal to save the team (unicorn/satyr) and enchant your attacks with tough/strong etc. You can make enchanted spells by adding a tough/strong etc to spells, it turns gold. Discard it and it now becomes a card you can add to your side deck. You can use golem tower and make the cards. This way you have extra attacks you can draw upon when needed.

Nothing beats PVP experience. You will win some, lose some, it happens, but you learn from it. You will encounter warlords as well as privates. If doing team fights, try to fight with someone repeatedly, knowing what your teammate will do makes you a better team. As you get better, raise the level limit, you will learn from better competition. My adept team (20-29) fights up to level 47.

Enjoy!

Delver
Jul 05, 2014
Shunon on Aug 28, 2014 wrote:
In reading the posts, quite a few people are having problems with PVP strategy at the lower levels (10-39). I just wanted to chime in and give my opinion on the way I was successful in the PVP arena. Please remember that this is my philosophy, and there are others which might suit you better.

- It is important to be able to shield all specific schools, not only with tower.

- Learn Reshuffle spell if you are at that level

- Once you are over level 20, use mainly your own school spells. Your power pip % will be high enough to use your school effectively.

- Always look at the opponents pips and determine at each round what they can and cannot cast. No sense putting up a tower if you are full health and they only have one pip.

- Team play: shield the life first. They are the lifeblood of the team and will keep the team alive

- Kill the opponent’s life first, no team healing means they have to spend pips to heal themselves.

- Pick an opponent and the team kills that player. One person is not responsible for one opponent. If you kill one player, it is one less attack/shield/heal they can cast on or against you

- Play with 2-3 rounds ahead in mind. See what cards you have and have a plan. Discard and draw if necessary, but every card you discard is one less you have to play, discard smartly.

- AOE spells work well. Puts the entire team under pressure.

- Side deck: keep a TC heal to save the team (unicorn/satyr) and enchant your attacks with tough/strong etc. You can make enchanted spells by adding a tough/strong etc to spells, it turns gold. Discard it and it now becomes a card you can add to your side deck. You can use golem tower and make the cards. This way you have extra attacks you can draw upon when needed.

Nothing beats PVP experience. You will win some, lose some, it happens, but you learn from it. You will encounter warlords as well as privates. If doing team fights, try to fight with someone repeatedly, knowing what your teammate will do makes you a better team. As you get better, raise the level limit, you will learn from better competition. My adept team (20-29) fights up to level 47.

Enjoy!
Thanks! :) This is helpful! Except I don't have ALL shields. I don't have storm, and balance. I also don't have any tower shields. I'll work on it though.