Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Commander Robe

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 04, 2011
So i been doing a lot of pvp and i got up to commander with about 520 tickets. and i kept getting into battles with warlords that have all the commander gear with awesome pets so i was thinking why not go derank like 4 levels? So i went down a few levels and i wanted to check to see if i could still buy the commander boots which was 500 tickets to find out you also have to be that rank. So i was wondering if you'd be willing to think about making it where you don't have to be a commander just to buy them. or do something like adding it into Eloise merryweather's shop for around 300,000 - 375,000 gold however witch out the stats and also make it no trade and no auction, and or add the epic bundle for a limited time only card like every once a year.

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
Exkwn on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
So i been doing a lot of pvp and i got up to commander with about 520 tickets. and i kept getting into battles with warlords that have all the commander gear with awesome pets so i was thinking why not go derank like 4 levels? So i went down a few levels and i wanted to check to see if i could still buy the commander boots which was 500 tickets to find out you also have to be that rank. So i was wondering if you'd be willing to think about making it where you don't have to be a commander just to buy them. or do something like adding it into Eloise merryweather's shop for around 300,000 - 375,000 gold however witch out the stats and also make it no trade and no auction, and or add the epic bundle for a limited time only card like every once a year.
Then what is the point of ranking if anyone can get the commander gear?

Survivor
Apr 04, 2011
David DeathFlame on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
The stats, since some people have awesome pets and are really good at pvp.

Defender
Mar 08, 2013
Exkwn on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
The stats, since some people have awesome pets and are really good at pvp.
Oh sorry, I didn't see that last part "witch out the stats".

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
See, I think it should stay in the pvp zone, but bought at Captain for 1,150 tickets, so it's still work. Won't be fair to buy it for just gold.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2013
So i think that the commander robe should stay as it is, and that they should just give us something almost exactly like it. People say that if they make it for gold or crowns then we wont have to work for it. So why not make it a hard drop to get for levels 90/100? Except make different designs on it, like school signs or swirls. Then you still have to work to get to level 90/100 and get it. Some people dont like pvp (like me) and just want the outfit instead. They could make more money if they got rid of the stats and put a copy in the crown shop, but i think its more fair for people who like pvp and people who dont like pvp.

Survivor
Jan 02, 2011
Ok so I have been wanting the commander robe for 3 years now I've tried pvp a ton of times went through 6 different pvp chars and all have gotten to knight and failed! My pets stats are good it gives me damage to all resist to all and a heal But What I don't get is why they make it so hard? And why can't you buy the robe until commander? It gets me so angry because all I want is the robe I don't care for the stats? Is there anything you guys can do like make a robe that looks like it but without the stats please? even if it costs 200,000gold I would love it if you guys could Thanks

Christopher Ice Sword level 58

Survivor
Jul 23, 2014
I think it should stay in PvP since that way it won't become very common. Although nowadays everyone has it and it's kind of annoying considering I am a 1st Age PvP Warlord and I worked hard and didn't just use a level one hundred friend.
- Level 100 Death (Warlord)
- Level 92 (Warlord)
- Level 86 Life (Commander)
- Level 58 Balance (Warlord)
- Level 15 Ice (Commander)

Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
Exkwn on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
I would agree but everyone will just play pho until they have enough tickets and then stitch the commander robe, which wouldnt make feel as rewarding since everyone else will have it

Survivor
Sep 25, 2014
David DeathFlame on Aug 9, 2014 wrote:
Because its fun and exciting for some people

Survivor
Sep 25, 2014
Squirrel The Hero on Jan 17, 2015 wrote:
I think it should stay in PvP since that way it won't become very common. Although nowadays everyone has it and it's kind of annoying considering I am a 1st Age PvP Warlord and I worked hard and didn't just use a level one hundred friend.
- Level 100 Death (Warlord)
- Level 92 (Warlord)
- Level 86 Life (Commander)
- Level 58 Balance (Warlord)
- Level 15 Ice (Commander)
I agree, these people should work and not just use lvl 100 friends vs like a lvl 2

Defender
May 02, 2010
SweetTharmaturgy on Oct 15, 2014 wrote:
See, I think it should stay in the pvp zone, but bought at Captain for 1,150 tickets, so it's still work. Won't be fair to buy it for just gold.
300k is a very large portion of gold.. if the robe was to be for gold, it'd still take tons of dragging to get it.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
J StormCatcher on Jan 30, 2015 wrote:
300k is a very large portion of gold.. if the robe was to be for gold, it'd still take tons of dragging to get it.
That'ed take me about half an hour to grind. It's not that much money.

As a first age warlord, where it was much harder to get to warlord, this post offends me. Most people, who earn it have atleast minimal farmed / Crowns gear, really work for a pet, Have spent the time to learn how to effectively shield / hit.

The price of a Commander robe is the equivalent of hard spent months of farming, and play-style perfection. it's a badge, that now-a-days says that you can at least play this game Moderately well..

It's like saying, "Here, this is the most attractive set you farmed months for, and spent atleast a hundred hours on, it's now worth 30 mins of farming" It's disrespectful.

Defender
Jun 13, 2009
Yeah no, that is a really bad idea. There is a reason why they call it COMMANDER gear. Because only a commander can get it. If KI were to make it a buyable item for everyone then everyone would be able to have one and it wouldnt be special. It should stay as it is. Only those who worked to commander should be able to buy it period.

Victoria Storm Warlord
Mason Greenbane Commander