Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fishing is Fun!

AuthorMessage
Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Thanks for this great update! I remember seeing the idea in the message boards some time ago, and I am so glad you guys took the idea up and made it happen! Great addition to the game!

Defender
May 23, 2009
FinnAgainWindrider on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for this great update! I remember seeing the idea in the message boards some time ago, and I am so glad you guys took the idea up and made it happen! Great addition to the game!
Nostalgia overload! I remember fishing from Toontown and other mmorpgs many years ago.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
I actually don't like fishing. I don't understand it. I have only ever caught one fish and I was trying for HOURS in the test realm. So I didn't even try to fish in the real world.
But I do think it's good that King's Isle brought fishing in. There are lots of other things to do in Wizard101 besides fishing, so I'm not really mad about it, and plus, some players really like fishing.
So it's all good.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
I really enjoy fishing, although it is very energy consuming and that gets in the way of gardening and pet training. The controls are easy to master and the fish have cute, punny designs. (The Catfish is my favorite so far, followed closely by Sharkspear.) And fishing is EXTREMELY addicting!!!

Some things that I think are downfalls to fishing is the fast energy consumption, inability to see the fish schools without spending energy, and you can only buy tanks with crowns. The energy consumption problem could be solved with a massive reduce in energy spend on fishing. Like the show all fish school card could cost no energy (and you cannot cast with the school signs up, just like you have it now), and catching a fish only costs you 2 energy. Also, the fish tanks cost real money, it would be nice to have the packages cost in gold too, but make it somewhat expensive so people will want to buy the tanks with crowns. Maybe price the tank set at $50,000-$75,000 gold coins.

My thoughts on fishing
Fallon Mythstrider

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
It is fun! you even get money for selling the fish!

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 74

Defender
Dec 30, 2011
Ya I would agree
-JelliBeans603

Survivor
Oct 24, 2010
I know. In my opinion, it's the best mini-activity (like pet derby races, gardening, crafting, etc.) that there is. It actually caused me to be annoyed that I ran out of energy instead of saying "meh, I'll go kill some Draconians now, whatever" like I normally do.

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
I agree that fishing is amazing! It is really annoying to fish and not get what you want, but that just happens!

Cole GoldenFlame, Level 42 Pyromancer World: MooShu and Grizzleheim Area: Crimson Fields and Mirkholm Keep "Fire with Storm is simple. Fizzle, fizzle, BOOM! I'm back!"