Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unwanted TC's...recycle don't destroy

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Many of us have accumulated treasure cards that cannot be sold and the only effective way to remove them is to right mouse click and destroy them...but should we really be doing this?
We're now living in an age where we are all encouraged to conserve energy and resources and to recycle as much as we can and we encourage our children to do the same..we can reinforce the message in game too.
KI, please consider introducing a "recylcle tc's" feature. This could be done by right clicking as is done now but the words "recycle this card?" instead of "destroy this card?" appears.
To encourage recycling and to reinforce the message to our younger players a small reward system could be implemented, say, for every ten cards that are recycled the player is given another lower level tc that can
be sold at the bazaar etc.
I think my idea would firmly put KI up there as a "socially aware" company.
What are your thoughts fellow wizards?
James Dreamweaver lvl 99

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't know whether to laugh or cry about this post. Part of me thinks it's humor and makes me want to laugh. Part of me thinks OMG this person is serious and really makes me weep for humanity's future.

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
How about you just get the option to feed them to your pet?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Enlightened One on Jul 4, 2014 wrote:
Many of us have accumulated treasure cards that cannot be sold and the only effective way to remove them is to right mouse click and destroy them...but should we really be doing this?
We're now living in an age where we are all encouraged to conserve energy and resources and to recycle as much as we can and we encourage our children to do the same..we can reinforce the message in game too.
KI, please consider introducing a "recylcle tc's" feature. This could be done by right clicking as is done now but the words "recycle this card?" instead of "destroy this card?" appears.
To encourage recycling and to reinforce the message to our younger players a small reward system could be implemented, say, for every ten cards that are recycled the player is given another lower level tc that can
be sold at the bazaar etc.
I think my idea would firmly put KI up there as a "socially aware" company.
What are your thoughts fellow wizards?
James Dreamweaver lvl 99
So, should they change "Delete a Character" to "Recycle a Character" to be socially aware? That concept really doesn't work, unless you can actually recycle an object. Besides, TCs are already recycled in crafting recipes.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
~ I like this idea very much. But instead of receiving another TC I think the Wizard should accumulate a Recycle Point. Which can be used as a currency for certain Vendors that sell certain rare items that give Attire with maybe Energy Stats. Or maybe the Vendor can sell Crafting Recipes. ((I had something to add on this but at the moment I've forgotten what it is.)) Anyways, I think maybe there could be a large green recycle bin in Ravenwood opposite of the Balance Teacher. And the lid is half open revealing large green eyes. ((I'm thinking a little monster would live inside.)) You talk to this Recycle Bin Monster ((Who has a name.)) and (s)he is the vendor that allows you to recycle your TC ((And maybe even non-auction attire.)) for Points which you can use to trade in for Special Recycling Attire. And maybe there can be a Vendor in Marleybone right outside the Wolfminister Abbey. Another in Mooshu; perhaps right outside one of the Towers in the Jade Palace. And another in Celestia, right near Eloise and Zeke, another in Avalon in the Toadstool Village, another in Aquila right near the Eagle Crafter in the Garden, another in Grizzlehiem in one of the huts outside of the great gate in Northguard, another in Wysteria opposite of Chester Droors, and lastly one in Khrysalis; where the Housing Shop Keeper should be in the Silent Market. ~

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I really like this idea, or at least a similar kind. I have been lucky enough to get 3 potent trap TC and a bunch of sharpened blade TC. They're so rare there's no real point in using them, but I can't trade or sell them. (This goes for polymorphs too, they're already no pvp so why make them no trade no auction?)

Survivor
May 25, 2010
Go out with your kids, save electricity.

But nice concept. I second this.