Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Training points.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 12, 2010
Will it ever be possible to purchase training points with gold? At some stage, the amount of crowns necessary is just too much. Please consider this!

Administrator
This is a matter of Time vs Crowns, young Wizard.
You can either spend the time to level up a new character which includes spending their training points as you like, or you can spend the Crowns to reset immediately.

Exchanging trained spells for the training points spent will not be available for gold.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
May 11, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Jun 9, 2014 wrote:
This is a matter of Time vs Crowns, young Wizard.
You can either spend the time to level up a new character which includes spending their training points as you like, or you can spend the Crowns to reset immediately.

Exchanging trained spells for the training points spent will not be available for gold.
The only problem with this is, if we like the school we have on our character and want to keep the same school for our new character, we have to delete our old character and all the non-transferable things we have on it to make a new character from the same school. Now, I have spent a lot of money on bundles for my main character, and since some objects from the bundles are not able to be shared with other wizards on our account (like castles), I would lose it all. So, in this instance, it is not a Time vs. Crowns matter. It is a matter of real money already spent being lost. I would love to trade in some of the spells that I spent training points on when I had first started the game and didn't know any better, but I don't want to lose the things I have already spent money on, and at level 79, the cost of buying back my training points is just too steep. In my humble opinion, it would make sense for us to be allowed to transfer items bought from bundles onto other characters on the same account. That way, I could transfer the bundle items I had bought for my level 79 ice character to my lower level storm character, cancel out my ice character, make a new ice character, and transfer my items from my bundles back to the new ice character (because I like ice, and I want it to be my main character). No disrespect intended, but I have never really understood why we cannot transfer items from bundles that we have bought to our different characters on our same account. We have paid good money for these bundles, and it is not like we are asking to transfer them to another account or another person. And being able to do this would help out a lot of wizards that are facing the training point buy back issue. I feel it takes a new wizard a while to get a good enough feel for the game (beyond the free play time) in order to use their training points wisely. I know for myself, I was a couple of worlds in before I realized that I should have used my training points in a different way, but now I am stuck with spells that I will never use and am faced with the choice of either making a new ice character and losing all the things I spent a lot of money on or paying even more money to fix my training point spending goof.

Respectfully,

Autumn FairyDreamer Level 79

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Autumn Rain on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
The only problem with this is, if we like the school we have on our character and want to keep the same school for our new character, we have to delete our old character and all the non-transferable things we have on it to make a new character from the same school. Now, I have spent a lot of money on bundles for my main character, and since some objects from the bundles are not able to be shared with other wizards on our account (like castles), I would lose it all. So, in this instance, it is not a Time vs. Crowns matter. It is a matter of real money already spent being lost. I would love to trade in some of the spells that I spent training points on when I had first started the game and didn't know any better, but I don't want to lose the things I have already spent money on, and at level 79, the cost of buying back my training points is just too steep. In my humble opinion, it would make sense for us to be allowed to transfer items bought from bundles onto other characters on the same account. That way, I could transfer the bundle items I had bought for my level 79 ice character to my lower level storm character, cancel out my ice character, make a new ice character, and transfer my items from my bundles back to the new ice character (because I like ice, and I want it to be my main character). No disrespect intended, but I have never really understood why we cannot transfer items from bundles that we have bought to our different characters on our same account. We have paid good money for these bundles, and it is not like we are asking to transfer them to another account or another person. And being able to do this would help out a lot of wizards that are facing the training point buy back issue. I feel it takes a new wizard a while to get a good enough feel for the game (beyond the free play time) in order to use their training points wisely. I know for myself, I was a couple of worlds in before I realized that I should have used my training points in a different way, but now I am stuck with spells that I will never use and am faced with the choice of either making a new ice character and losing all the things I spent a lot of money on or paying even more money to fix my training point spending goof.

Respectfully,

You shouldn't worry about it unless you kept on making the mistake after a couple worlds. There's loads of training point quests in every world. You still have plenty of chances to get any spells you need if you do Zeke's quests plus all the other side quests for training points. You get 3-4 training points from quests per world from Celestia up plus one every 5 levels. Most of my max level wizards have all the spells I can use and still have between 3 and 10 training points left over.

Defender
May 11, 2012
seethe42 on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
You shouldn't worry about it unless you kept on making the mistake after a couple worlds. There's loads of training point quests in every world. You still have plenty of chances to get any spells you need if you do Zeke's quests plus all the other side quests for training points. You get 3-4 training points from quests per world from Celestia up plus one every 5 levels. Most of my max level wizards have all the spells I can use and still have between 3 and 10 training points left over.
Thank you for your reply, but I am not worried about my training points. Yes, I would like to get rid of the ones I used my training points on that I will never use to clean up my spell book, but that is just the neat freak in me . I am a level 79, stuck in Avalon at the Juggernaut, and still have five unspent training points, with, as you said, opportunity to gain more. My main point was that it isn't always a time vs. crown matter, as the Professor usually points out in a reply to posts like the original one for this thread. If a person wants to fix their training point usage mistakes, but likes the school they have and wants to keep using that school AND has bought non-transferable bundle items on that wizard and doesn't want to spend crowns to buy back their training points, then they are pretty well stuck with what they have for spells on that wizard unless they are willing to erase it and start over with the same school and are willing to lose their non-transferable items that cost them a lot of real money already.

Respectfully,

Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
Autumn Rain on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
Thank you for your reply, but I am not worried about my training points. Yes, I would like to get rid of the ones I used my training points on that I will never use to clean up my spell book, but that is just the neat freak in me . I am a level 79, stuck in Avalon at the Juggernaut, and still have five unspent training points, with, as you said, opportunity to gain more. My main point was that it isn't always a time vs. crown matter, as the Professor usually points out in a reply to posts like the original one for this thread. If a person wants to fix their training point usage mistakes, but likes the school they have and wants to keep using that school AND has bought non-transferable bundle items on that wizard and doesn't want to spend crowns to buy back their training points, then they are pretty well stuck with what they have for spells on that wizard unless they are willing to erase it and start over with the same school and are willing to lose their non-transferable items that cost them a lot of real money already.

Respectfully,
speaking of training points, i am a lvl 73 ice wizard and i want to reset my points and get in a different second school. (i want to change my storm cards) recently i won a krampus spell from loremaster. if i reset my points, would my krampus be taken out as well?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
WinterL40 on Jun 19, 2014 wrote:
speaking of training points, i am a lvl 73 ice wizard and i want to reset my points and get in a different second school. (i want to change my storm cards) recently i won a krampus spell from loremaster. if i reset my points, would my krampus be taken out as well?
No. Lore spells are not learned from training points. You only lose the spells that you spent training points on and the training points are returned. Spells learned from drops, card packs, or crafting are totally unaffected.

Defender
Jun 16, 2011
If you are tired of your same spells you can always buy treasure cards at the Bazar. They help me with every battle, and keep me alive. And if there was a possibility of buying training points with gold it would be about 30,000 gold . Hope this helped .

Elizabeth level 62 :3