Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stinkweed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 16, 2014
Does anyone know anything good about stinkweed in Gardening? It has no likes and everything dislikes it. I might buy it at the bazaar, but if there is nothing good about it, then . No use in buying it. Also, the bazaar seeds are SUPER Expensive, even the Rank 1+ ones. I started gardening on my lvl 15 , But It costs like 1,600 gold for the best Rank 1+ seed. That is insane considering Rank 1 starts at lvl 12. I'd say If the seeds were 25% cheaper that would be enough.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Blaze Horn on Jun 7, 2014 wrote:
Does anyone know anything good about stinkweed in Gardening? It has no likes and everything dislikes it. I might buy it at the bazaar, but if there is nothing good about it, then . No use in buying it. Also, the bazaar seeds are SUPER Expensive, even the Rank 1+ ones. I started gardening on my lvl 15 , But It costs like 1,600 gold for the best Rank 1+ seed. That is insane considering Rank 1 starts at lvl 12. I'd say If the seeds were 25% cheaper that would be enough.
It's more like a gimic or joke plant really. All it gives is small amounts of gold and a few common reagent.
It just adds on as a funny decorative plant.

BTW I think the seeds Harley sells in golem court are a little less expensive if you don't want to spend as much gold.
Hope this helps.

Sincerely yours Rusher2828.

Survivor
Feb 23, 2013
You know I have heard of people making stinkweed farms due to It's low needs and while that gold adds up a lot when you have say 20 but these are rare and I don't suggest it there are better plants out there.

Hunter G. and adept gardener (rank 8)

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
It gives good treasure cards for PvP, like Smokescreen or Poison, with a chance to get other good TCs like Tower Shield or Pierce. You can also use it to slow down the growth of plants that give give regular harvests like Maelstrom Snap Dragon.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2010
rusher2828 on Jun 8, 2014 wrote:
It's more like a gimic or joke plant really. All it gives is small amounts of gold and a few common reagent.
It just adds on as a funny decorative plant.

BTW I think the seeds Harley sells in golem court are a little less expensive if you don't want to spend as much gold.
Hope this helps.

Sincerely yours Rusher2828.
Actually, it always gives TCs, some of which are worth 200+ in the Bazaar. You can make tons of money even with only a few of them.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Blaze Horn on Jun 7, 2014 wrote:
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Stinkweed

Farley sells them for 600 gold. Sometimes dealers sell for less then Bazaar.

Maybe a sleeper as it does look like it has some pros. Site also lists it's likes.

I actually was surprised at the drops my lowly Dandelions gave. I have so many seeds dropped across 6 wizards that accept for my Couch Potato farm for pet snacks I plant a variety of plants just for looks. I like Prickly Bears, King Parsley etc.

Mary

Survivor
May 08, 2014
Stinkweed = Gold

Plant one full crop of it and it will pay you back immediately in the first cycle plus give extra seeds to plant more to increase your crop.

Regarding plant prices: I suggest you do some research first on plants. First what do you want? Gold? Specific TC's? Reagents? Snacks/Mega snacks for pet leveling?
Then find the plants that fit what you want, but have the lowest needs to conserve energy.
Only buy plants that reseed! This way, the 1600 gold spent on one plant will keep reproducing itself so you womt have to spend that gold again.
Lastly, Plot development. Spending time on planning your plot first will maximize your efforts.

Stinkweed = Gold...and tons of it. I do not know many people who do not have at least one.
They need only 25 energy to maintain. Water + Rank 2 Pests.
One full crop circle will eat up ~150 inventory items at your castle. be forewarned.
Hope this helps.

X.