Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cronus over cheating

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2012
Cronus is REALLY hard. Mostly because his cheat is glitched. As you know, if you use a one enemy spell on him, he will attack you with his special spell. Now he does it EVEN WITH all enemy. Anyone have anything happen to you like this?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's not the attack type. It's attacking him without a trap in place.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
icetypeforever on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
Cronus is REALLY hard. Mostly because his cheat is glitched. As you know, if you use a one enemy spell on him, he will attack you with his special spell. Now he does it EVEN WITH all enemy. Anyone have anything happen to you like this?
all the cheats in that dungeon have been amplified.

my friend and i did the hades fight last night. now, instead of getting one cheat heal when someone dies, he literally spams them~ one kill results in FOUR spam-heals that do 630 PER TICK, PER ROUND. so that 5000 damage you did? yeah, it's all eaten up by those free heals. good luck with that.

i hate that whole dungeon now. it's so unnecessarily boring and grind-y... and people call this fun? i would rather have teeth pulled.

-von
exalted

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
icetypeforever on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:
Don't attack Cronus (single OR multi attack) unless there is a trap on him. He will punish you with his special attack otherwise.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
Attacking Cronus when he's not "marked" (trapped first) is what triggers the cheat. It doesn't matter if it's a single attack or AOE; if he's not "marked" first, his cheat is triggered.

Miranda Nightsinger, Promethean Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Master Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Journeyman Sorcerer

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Dr Von on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:

my friend and i did the hades fight last night. now, instead of getting one cheat heal when someone dies, he literally spams them~ one kill results in FOUR spam-heals that do 630 PER TICK, PER ROUND. so that 5000 damage you did? yeah, it's all eaten up by those free heals. good luck with that.

i hate that whole dungeon now. it's so unnecessarily boring and grind-y... and people call this fun? i would rather have teeth pulled.

-von
exalted
He has always done the same number as bosses are surviving. That's 3 per death. The fourth was likely his natural heal and not part of the cheat.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
Dr Von on Jun 2, 2014 wrote:

-von
exalted
Oh von, you always make my day with your funny posts

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Jack The Ice Guy on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:
Oh von, you always make my day with your funny posts
well, i'm glad one of us is still having a good time.

i used to be able to clear the instance in 2 hours; now, it takes upwards of 4 hours, thanks to all the spam cheats. i'd like to know who over the age of 5 has that kind of time. because, until someone figures out how to put more hours in a day, i simply don't have 4 hours to spare.

-v.

Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
The cheats are not really a problem for me, the dungeon's length is.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
Dr Von on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:

i used to be able to clear the instance in 2 hours; now, it takes upwards of 4 hours, thanks to all the spam cheats. i'd like to know who over the age of 5 has that kind of time. because, until someone figures out how to put more hours in a day, i simply don't have 4 hours to spare.

-v.
Exactly! I have school to work on studying for my finals and ill be very busy during the summer, I just don't know how people have sooo much time to spare on a dungeon. Its ridiculous.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Cronus doesn't cheat that much. Stack some traps and go for a one-hit KO.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Dr Von on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:

-v.
The cheats in Tartarus haven't changed.