Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New and Fun Spell Ideas!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
I have some new utility spell ideas for each school somewhat similar to Star Magic, however, these spell will last for only 2 rounds and Supernova proof. I think they would add a lot of fun to the game, especially multiplayer PvP, and hopefully none of these are overpowered. Please tell me what you guys think. Here we go:

Name: (Frozen Mirror)
Type:
Pips: X (10 Max)
Accu: 100%
Effect: Manipulation (Self only)
Description: Reflect 9% Inc. damage, health drain, healing per Pip, 2 rounds
Long description: The effects of this spell will have priority over traps, shields, internal resistance, and star spell effects. 9-90% of any incoming damage, health drain, or healing spell (including self-healing, pet healing, and self-inflicted damage) cast on this person will instead be inflicted upon the Caster. The reflected damage/healing (including DoT/HoT) will be reflected as one time damage/healing with the Caster's armor piercing and will activate shields, traps, health reducing wards, internal stats, and star spell effects that the Caster carries accordingly. No effect on Shadow backlash, healing by health drain spells, and reflected damage/heal from another person to avoid an infinite loop (LOL, that would be a disaster).

Name: (Burning Fury)
Type:
Pips: 2
Description: Gain positive charm from Inc. damage, health drain spell (400+), 2 rounds
Long description: Similar to Empowerment, except it only activated by incoming damage and health drain spells with 400+ damage, and the person will gain a universal blade +35%. No effect on Shadow backlash and .

Name: (Magnetic Storm)
Type:
Pips: 3
Description: Power Pip Chance +10% to Self, -25% (to) all enemies, 2 rounds
Long description: You will gain 10% and all enemies will lose 25% for 2 rounds.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
Cont.

Name: (Hades Blessing)
Type:
Pips: 5
Effect: Manipulation
Description: Immune for 2 rounds and -90% next 2 Inc. healing spells
Long description: For 2 rounds, the person will be immune to all damage and health drain spell, no matter how much armor piercing the incoming attack has, but he/she will also acquire two -90% healing wards similar to the one from Lord of Night. No effect on Shadow backlash and the Death spell below.

Name: (Telepathy)
Type:
Description: Reveal all enemies Actions to all friends and +70% Inc. damage to Self, 2 rounds
Long description: Caster and friends will be able to see all enemies’ next outgoing spells with the drawback of having incoming damage boosted on self. The effects stays for 2 rounds.
Name: (Link Fate)
Type:
Pips: 4
Description: Self and Target (opponent) share 100% Inc. damage, health drain, healing, 2 rounds
Long description: The effects of this spell will NOT have priority over traps, shields, internal stats, and star spell effects. Both persons completely share the same “feelings”, damage or healing, for that round right after one of them get hit. The effect goes both ways, no matter who gets hit/healed. Shadow backlash, heal by health drain, and pet healing will also be shared. The damage/healing inflicted on the other person will NOT activate shields, traps, healing reducing wards, internal stats, nor star spell effects (like Shadow backlash/health drain healing). That means Frozen Mirror will have no effect. Any DoT/HoT that is active for these 2 rounds will be shared also.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Umbalaxibua on May 29, 2014 wrote:
Cont.

Name: (Hades Blessing)
Type:
Description: Immune for 2 rounds and -90% next 2 Inc. healing spells
Long description: For 2 rounds, the person will be immune to all damage and health drain spell, no matter how much armor piercing the incoming attack has, but he/she will also acquire two -90% healing wards similar to the one from Lord of Night. No effect on Shadow backlash and the Death spell below.

Name: (Telepathy)
Type:
Description: Reveal all enemies Actions to all friends and +70% Inc. damage to Self, 2 rounds
Long description: Caster and friends will be able to see all enemies’ next outgoing spells with the drawback of having incoming damage boosted on self. The effects stays for 2 rounds.
Name: (Link Fate)
Type:
Pips: 4
Description: Self and Target (opponent) share 100% Inc. damage, health drain, healing, 2 rounds
Long description: The effects of this spell will NOT have priority over traps, shields, internal stats, and star spell effects. Both persons completely share the same “feelings”, damage or healing, for that round right after one of them get hit. The effect goes both ways, no matter who gets hit/healed. Shadow backlash, heal by health drain, and pet healing will also be shared. The damage/healing inflicted on the other person will NOT activate shields, traps, healing reducing wards, internal stats, nor star spell effects (like Shadow backlash/health drain healing). That means Frozen Mirror will have no effect. Any DoT/HoT that is active for these 2 rounds will be shared also.
Life spell is so not OP. After all, being immune to all damage two out of three rounds will totally leave you open that one round! And those healing wards won't totally just get completely cleared by a pet sprite!
That Death spell is pretty useless. Is that a 100% damage boost? Because then, it might have some use in team PvP as effectively a 100% trap, and I could have some fun with self hits. In 1v1 or regular combat, it will totally bite me in my necromantic rear, because my drains will heal the monster for half too, and possibly bring ir back to life.
Myth looks interesting, load up that player with shields and say goodbye to your first turn advantage.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2012
I see a problem here, if a Myth and Ice team up, The myth would cast Telepathy so they know when the attack is coming and then the Ice can cast Frozen Mirror, Imagine that? A storm's op move turned against them, it would be the same with Death too. Burning Fury is like you said, is just a bit stronger then Empowerment, Life is OP, I forgot to mention this could go with Telepathy to block damage and such. Magnetic storm is... I don't see people using it, Storm is meant for damage, not giving out -25 Weakness out to everyone. Telepathy I could see being the new troll spell. Think about that? The myth could betray his friends and cast that and kill them all.

Kane Skullstaff. your local Pyromancer

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Umbalaxibua, I really like your spell reflection idea. Because in a world of magic; its plausible that witches and wizards would know how to do this. Best of all, reflection spells can be multifunctional:

Returns a minimum or maximum level of damage
Or triggers random action: i.e., one, some, or all opponents take 1/4th, 1/2th, 3/4th, or full impact of attack

Functions similar to Beguile, affecting target/s for so many rounds

Beguile is a great spell that catches opponents off guard (use just before opponent casts rebirth or other group affecting spell)

Acts similar to convert/mass convert, and used on one, or all opponents

Backfires, and works against the wizard that casts it

I.e., Insane Bolt is great when it works as intended

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
Robobot1747 on May 30, 2014 wrote:
Life spell is so not OP. After all, being immune to all damage two out of three rounds will totally leave you open that one round! And those healing wards won't totally just get completely cleared by a pet sprite!
That Death spell is pretty useless. Is that a 100% damage boost? Because then, it might have some use in team PvP as effectively a 100% trap, and I could have some fun with self hits. In 1v1 or regular combat, it will totally bite me in my necromantic rear, because my drains will heal the monster for half too, and possibly bring ir back to life.
Myth looks interesting, load up that player with shields and say goodbye to your first turn advantage.
For the Death spell, 100% here doesn't mean damage boost. It means whatever the damage one person feels, the other feels exactly the same amount, no less. I think of it as a spell that a death wizard would gamble to use it. Yes, there is a risk. It could hurt or it could help. The good side of it is that it bypasses all the shields and resistance when it does damage to the other person. And if timed right, when the opponent gets a rebirth, that would heal the death wizard, too. Given the pip costs, I dont think its a smart idea to spam any of these spells. They last only for 2 rounds so they could only be helpful for good timing. Btw, you can be linked to multiple opponents at the same time too, so i guess one damage on you can cause twice the damage on the opponents and vice versa, lol.

I guess i would add another thing to the death spell, actually all spells, is that the effect stays on for 2 rounds even if the wizard who used it is defeated. Death can be brought back into the game if the other opponent gets a heal next round.

Thank you for your inputs.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2010
Kane Skullstaff on May 31, 2014 wrote:
I see a problem here, if a Myth and Ice team up, The myth would cast Telepathy so they know when the attack is coming and then the Ice can cast Frozen Mirror, Imagine that? A storm's op move turned against them, it would be the same with Death too. Burning Fury is like you said, is just a bit stronger then Empowerment, Life is OP, I forgot to mention this could go with Telepathy to block damage and such. Magnetic storm is... I don't see people using it, Storm is meant for damage, not giving out -25 Weakness out to everyone. Telepathy I could see being the new troll spell. Think about that? The myth could betray his friends and cast that and kill them all.

Kane Skullstaff. your local Pyromancer
Yes, that could happen for Myth and Ice to team up, but the Ice spell cost X pips (up to 10 pips max), that's 5 power pips for 90% reflection. It's useful if used at the right time. Abusing it would deplete Ice pips and one can't do much damage without pips.

For Myth, the person would get +70% damage boost on his/herself for 2 rounds, so when Ice gets a reflection, Myth gets a boost of a Feint on self.

For Life and Myth combo, same thing, Myth would get harder hits on self, though Life would be safe but has to pay the price for next 2 incoming heals drastically reduced (or should I make it 3 for such OP ability?). Yet again, I designed these spells with high pip cost for such handy advantages. Spamming won't be a good idea and Life wouldn't be able to heal much after that.

Storm power is to increase the user pip chance and take away the opponents pip chance by 25% to all enemies, not -25% weakness (you probably misunderstood the description, sorry for that).

Sorry again about the misleading description, only Myth the user would get a boost on self for using Telepathy, all the allies are safe .

Thanks for the comments.
Allan H.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2010
I created a new spell called Mana Life. I can't figure out why no one has thought of this until now. I was going to paste a copy of it but it won't let me.

It is a life spell , that should be part of the life spells and/or it could be bought as part of the treasure spells. It should be used to refill mana in battles like other life spells. If you want to see what I created let me know and I will send it. I sent it to KI and they told me I had to post here instead.

Rowan Windwhisper

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Avalon320, I like your mana refill spell idea. The game has healing and mana burn spells, so why not something that refills mana. If you make it function like healing current, it would be random and can restore 25, 50, 75, or 100%. And if want to enhance the spell like insane bolt, you can add a backfire effect; which causes one or more random opponents to benefit from this spell instead of any one on your team.