Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

tower shield bug

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 05, 2012
why is that sometimes I use tower shield on me it switches to the other wizard what is ki problem pls reply

Historian
May 15, 2009
it's not a bug. there is a spell titled "Steal Ward" which allows you to take one shield from your opponent,

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The only reason that would happen is them or their pet casting Steal Ward if you are talking about an opponent taking the shield. If you mean that it's casting on the wrong player in your party, then it's you. Use the name box at the bottom of the screen to target casting, not the wizard.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2013
Are you sure you're not accidentally clicking another wizard in battle? I think it's something we've all done at some point and mis-clicked our target.

One thing that can help with that is turning on the 2D Combat Display under "Gameplay Options" in the Options menu. You can click the name of the target to target your spells rather than the actual avatar themselves. It can help prevent that mistake. Try that and see if it keeps happening.

Explorer
Nov 18, 2011
Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
If you're in third position, clicking on yourself can possibly result in clicking on the fourth wizard's stat box on the HUD.

Defender
Apr 05, 2012
i hope you know that when i was fighting a balance boss with no steal ward on a boss with my friends i used a tower shield and it went on her pls think

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
neonxgaming on May 18, 2014 wrote:
i hope you know that when i was fighting a balance boss with no steal ward on a boss with my friends i used a tower shield and it went on her pls think
This was answered. It has happened to everyone, it's not the spell or a true bug. Use the 2d combat display to choose targets to make sure you are choosing the correct person. This can also happen if someone flees after you chose the target. It will cast on the next person in line throwing off blades and shields that were cast during that round.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
neonxgaming on May 18, 2014 wrote:
Again, you may have clicked on her stat box while trying to click on yourself.