Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

hatching pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
can you hatch two of your same pets to make hybrid or do you have to hatch with someone else

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Hatching the same pet will always produce the same pet. Hybrids are mostly made from hatching school reward pets of the same level but different schools. You can do this with other wizards, or you can transfer pets to the same wizard and self-hatch. The level 48, 58, 78 and 98 pets from school quests can create hybrids when hatched with another pet from same level school quest.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
sandman74 on Apr 27, 2014 wrote:
can you hatch two of your same pets to make hybrid or do you have to hatch with someone else
You can hatch with two of your own... I've done it.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2012
I need someone to hatch a fennec fox with me it reminds me of my late pet cookie and I really need one to keep her in mind it makes me feel like she's at peace

Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
i have a question about the hybrid sabers. i have an ancient lord of winter but i want a frostfang. how likely is it that i get one if i hatch with an original saber tooth?
+ = or

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
WinterL40 on May 25, 2014 wrote:
i have a question about the hybrid sabers. i have an ancient lord of winter but i want a frostfang. how likely is it that i get one if i hatch with an original saber tooth?
+ = or
My experience with the upper level hybrids has been about 1/4. That is, about 3/4 of the time I get one of the parents. That may just be my luck.