Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beguile!?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 16, 2013
Ok, So I just got a new spell: Beguile!

So I went to unicorn way to try it out, and when I did use it, The enemy hurt me!?

I thought he was suppose to help me!

(I had nobody else in battle, and the enemy was Death)

So, Did I not use the spell right? Or does it not really do anything?

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
LoganMythWizard on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:

So I went to unicorn way to try it out, and when I did use it, The enemy hurt me!?

Try it in a battle where more then 1 enemy is out and it isn't a boss battle. Your case it won't do anything if you were in the fight against a solo enemy

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
First of all, some enemies are immune to beguile. (certain bosses, i would guess you fought a lost soul, so not really applicable here) Also... I can only imagine what glitches would occur when you beguile an enemy in 1v1 PvE. Lost Souls only know attack spells, but they can't hit themselves, and they can't hit you, because they are on your team. I feel sorry for whatever algorithm that chooses a target. Perhaps the AI decided to resolve this little paradox by just targeting you. I would use Beguile in 2v1 boss fights for maximum effect, beguile the minion the turn before he hits.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
LoganMythWizard on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:

beguile does not take effect the round it is cast.

so, if you're in first and cast beguile, the enemies have already selected their spells and targets for that round (meaning that they *will* attack you). the following round, the selected enemy will help you (unless he is a boss and/or beguile-immune).

i love using this spell at the high levels. on round one, my necromancer will use beguile on the minion, then watch and laugh as the boss destroys him with some high-pip attack-all spell. it's awesome.

-von/valerian
promethean necromancer/sorceress/diviner

Defender
May 01, 2011
First, I'd use the spell on a boss like Rattlebones or Lady Blackhope. That's where you will be able to see the full effect. You have to wait until after the round you use it before it works though.