Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Someone from KI Please Explain

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
I hatched a pet with another of my wizards. The adult Deer Knight parent had Spritely and Deer Knight Rising, and the adult Jellyfish parent had Death Shot and Mana. After training the offspring, a Deer Knight, to Ancient, it had manifested Mana, Spritely, and Death Shot, and the Epic was present and not manifested. Expecting that Deer Knight Rising would come up next, I spent a week and nearly 100,000 gold on LOVED snacks, I trained the Deer to Epic, and got CRAFTY for my effort! How is that possible?

I could understand it if the Epic had not been available to manifest, but it is.

Needless to say, I feel betrayed.

KI, please explain.

Gabrielle Hex, Necromancer

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Any hatched pet can get any talent from either parent, manifested or not. There is no guarantee that you will get certain ones. It involves a lot of luck.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
OldGrowler on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
I hatched a pet with another of my wizards. The adult Deer Knight parent had Spritely and Deer Knight Rising, and the adult Jellyfish parent had Death Shot and Mana. After training the offspring, a Deer Knight, to Ancient, it had manifested Mana, Spritely, and Death Shot, and the Epic was present and not manifested. Expecting that Deer Knight Rising would come up next, I spent a week and nearly 100,000 gold on LOVED snacks, I trained the Deer to Epic, and got CRAFTY for my effort! How is that possible?

I could understand it if the Epic had not been available to manifest, but it is.

Needless to say, I feel betrayed.

KI, please explain.

Gabrielle Hex, Necromancer
First, your pet is known as a filth hybrid, second, I HATE how pets can be so weird like that. Before you spend all of that time training, look at the spaces, there's Common (0 dots) Uncommon (1 dot) Rare (2 dots) Ultra-Rare (3 dots) and Epic (4 dots). I understand not getting deer knight really stinks but note that it is the only pet in the game that has it as a talent naturally (any other pet that has it has the talent: the deer knight rises has had a pet family member mate with one or is the direct descendant of one), so having it passed down is extremely rare. But don't get me wrong, all that money and time is a pain to be wasted on crafty, that talent isn't really crafty at all (DAH DUN TISH!)

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 69

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
Actually, Deer Knight Rises has been very "sticky" much to my chagrin as I was trying to lose it. The first talents to manifest on my Deer Knight were Brazen Berserker and Deer knight Rises and I have had it reoccur later. It was there but silent for two generations when I train a max stat Ice hound to Epic :-(
Fallon Lightbringer