Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

2nd Arc - Orrich, Mazzaroth and Marleyone Tower

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Dear KI,

Yesterday my last wizard ventured through the Celestian door, and as soon as he reached L53, he got duel calls from Balestrom and Ambrose regarding the broken key of Celestia. Might I be of some help by offering advice on this, since it seems to help introduce the new arc?

Since this story line seems to start with the Rosencrantz in Olde Town with the missing guard and culminates with Khrysalis pt. 1 (at this point, any way), might I suggest that the duel sendings from Ambrose and Balestrom regarding the broken Spiral key to Celestia be placed after the defeat of Malistaire?

Please feel free to school me in this, but if Ambrose hands us a Spiral Key to Celestia, and then we are called to help repair the broken key and eventually tell us that Morganthe has returned (spoiler in Warehouse), why are our wizards allowed to act like idiots waiting around for Balestrom to call us when the broken key is fixed, when we have touched down in Celestia already?

I have one of six wizards that have finished KR1, and enjoyed the Isle of Arachnis tour between Azteca and Khrysalis. Since the questing areas of Wizard City through Dragonspyre regarding the repairing the broken key gives some astral magic as Treasure Cards, why not have this as a pre-questing trip for Celestia.

In the 5 years that I have played (started June 2009), I have been stumped as to why KI hasn't revised this, since many seem confused on how the 2 arcs mesh together (I don't).

Timothy Pearlflower, Harbinger of Light

P.S., Please consider making this a requirement for Celestia, I have seriously wondered why this has never been revised.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Promethean oxnhors... on Mar 9, 2014 wrote:
Dear KI,

Yesterday my last wizard ventured through the Celestian door, and as soon as he reached L53, he got duel calls from Balestrom and Ambrose regarding the broken key of Celestia. Might I be of some help by offering advice on this, since it seems to help introduce the new arc?

Since this story line seems to start with the Rosencrantz in Olde Town with the missing guard and culminates with Khrysalis pt. 1 (at this point, any way), might I suggest that the duel sendings from Ambrose and Balestrom regarding the broken Spiral key to Celestia be placed after the defeat of Malistaire?

Please feel free to school me in this, but if Ambrose hands us a Spiral Key to Celestia, and then we are called to help repair the broken key and eventually tell us that Morganthe has returned (spoiler in Warehouse), why are our wizards allowed to act like idiots waiting around for Balestrom to call us when the broken key is fixed, when we have touched down in Celestia already?

I have one of six wizards that have finished KR1, and enjoyed the Isle of Arachnis tour between Azteca and Khrysalis. Since the questing areas of Wizard City through Dragonspyre regarding the repairing the broken key gives some astral magic as Treasure Cards, why not have this as a pre-questing trip for Celestia.

In the 5 years that I have played (started June 2009), I have been stumped as to why KI hasn't revised this, since many seem confused on how the 2 arcs mesh together (I don't).

P.S., Please consider making this a requirement for Celestia, I have seriously wondered why this has never been revised.
It used to be a requirement and it's so difficult and must be done with at least 2 others, that KI made it optional. Usually the quest arrives much sooner than you received it.

Personally, I think it should be renamed as many, many people are confused by it. You gain access to Celestia by completing The Final Countdown and being the correct level (which was just nerfed).

It sat in my Ice wizard's quest log for a year and I will never do it or accept it with another wizard.

By the way, any quest you can decline is optional.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
This is the revised version. You used to have to do the tower to get the key first, but people complained it was too hard so they made it optional.

Historian
May 06, 2009
Promethean oxnhors... on Mar 9, 2014 wrote:
Dear KI,

As other Wizards have stated, this questline used to be part of the steps to Celestia, but was removed and made optional because many Wizards found the content to be too challenging.

I would agree that the questline should have been left as a main requirement. I would've thought that KI should've just nerfed the tower.

For instance, the warehouse could've mirrored Big Ben and, out of the 10 floors, have Floors 2 and 3 have 2 mobs, then puzzle on Floor 4, then nerfed General Stormclaw on Floors 5, then Floors 6 and 7 with 3 mobs, and then puzzle on Floor 8, and 3 mobs on Floor 9, and finally Estrakir on Floor 10.

General Stormclaws cheats are:
At the beginning of the first round he will interrupt cast a -65% Tower Shield on himself, and replace it whenever he is hit. At the end of the first round there will be a 0-pip Earthquake and he will summon his minions. If he is attacked, his Ice minion will cast a 0-pip Colossus on the attacker, his Storm minion will cast a 0-pip Storm Lord, and his Life minion will cast a 0-pip Rebirth without Absorb shields, all out of turn. The Life minion will also cheat cast if the Ice or Storm minions are attacked. He removes Traps and Weakness from himself and his minions, and even sometimes from Wizards, but usually stops removing them after his minions are gone. The round after all three minions are defeated he will cast a 0-pip Frost Giant out of turn

Instead General Stormclaw's cheats could be:
At the beginning of the first round he will interrupt cast a -30% Tower Shield on himself, and replace it 3 rounds after he's attacked.
-His minions would already be present and this cheat would be removed If he is attacked, his Ice minion will cast a 0-pip Evil Snowman on the attacker, his Storm minion will cast a 0-pip Tempest, and his Life minion will cast a 0-pip Unicorn, all out of turn. The Life minion will also cheat cast if the Ice or Storm minions are attacked. He removes Traps and Weakness from himself and his minions after 5 rounds of being placed on him, and even sometimes from Wizards, but usually stops removing them after his minions are gone. The round after all three minions are defeated he will cast a 0-pip Blizzard out of turn

Again, these suggestions are for re-adding this quest to mainline content and making it so anyone could defeat the tower. I'll do Estrakir Gloomthorn below.

Historian
May 06, 2009
So for Estrakir Gloomthorn, he's cheats are on this link http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Estrakir_Gloomthorn. His cheats could instead be:

No longer immune to Stuns and Beguile On their first turn, the Rat Illusionists will shield Knuckles and Estrakir with -50% Tower Shield spells, and will replace these out of turn 3 round after they are broken.
  • Defeating them eliminates this cheat
Knuckles will cast a Unicorn out of turn anytime a player heals (including Link but not Steal spells like Vampire). He says, "Yeah? Well we can Heal Too!", when he does this.
  • Defeating Knuckles eliminates this cheat.
If Estrakir is attacked after the rats have died but before Knuckles is dead, Knuckles will give him a Pixie out of turn, and Estrakir will cast Meteor Strike out of turn. Estrakir will immediately remove traps and prisms by interrupt from himself and his minions (with Cleanse Ward), though only the first trap of a triple-trap spell. Mass Prisms don't trigger this cheat. -This cheat would be removed On his turn, Estrakir will often cast for zero pips an unusual Fire version of Power Nova,
unless a Global (bubble) spell is in place. Fire Nova - This spell (final name for release not certain) is a spell that cannot be acquired. So far, only Estrakir Gloomthorn and Thunderfin have this spell. It does ~180-190 fire damage and gives -10% damage to all spells to all enemies. We do not know its exact stats. (Weaken damage) Once his minions are defeated, Estrakir will stop casting his "Fire Nova", and instead sometimes cast Ghoul on a random target

Some of these changes maybe pushing the idea of nerf, but I feel the quest adds a nice way to slowly build into the 2nd arc instead of running into. The cheats should just feel like things to creep into and gain a feel for and not just slap you in the face with it. The first few ones should be easy and then work into harder ones. Anyway, they're just suggestions.

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
Briskbreeze is unrelated to either the first or second arc. It was a side quest to give grands something to do while we waited for the next arc. The Warehouse served a similar purpose. Don't over think it.

Defender
Jul 10, 2009
SO I wrote this last night, and I though it was eloquent at the time, but now I see that other have beat me to it.

I must admit, having just read the dialogue for the quests leading into Celestia and Warehouse, that the quest leading into Warehouse introduces Celestia much better. I think it was made optional because players complained it was too hard, but with Azteca and all, I don't think it'd be out of reach to make it required again. Also, when they first added it EVERYONE was level 50 or lower, now some people are above that.

Haley MoonHeart, Innate Shadowmancer

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
While Promeathan Oxnhorse ends the post with a request to make the side quest a requirement, I thought the main point of the post was that the notification of the quest was too late. In other words, a typical player is already well into Celestia when the pop up from Balestorm shows up. That is what is being requested for KI to fix, since if that wizard accepts the optional quest, it lays out the second arc story foundation better.