Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life is best with...?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 13, 2010
I'm currently a wizard level 32 but i'm thinking about returning my training points.
Basically ive spent my previous training points on storm and fire spells.

Also i'm not sure what should be my secondary school? I was thinking balance or fire.
Can i have some suggestions?

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
It's best to save your training points for sun and star schools. I went and got the 80% shields from the commons at the beginning for my wizard and just use sun and star school spells. They'll be more useful in the long run for both healing and attacking. So I'd go with shields and when you get to the schools I've mentioned use your training points there.

Hunter Willowgrove
lvl 95

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
pepperminthearts on Mar 2, 2014 wrote:
I'm currently a wizard level 32 but i'm thinking about returning my training points.

Also i'm not sure what should be my secondary school? I was thinking balance or fire.
I was never sorry I trained Death to Feint on my Life wizard. Later there are several ways you can add it to game play but having it trained has made a good back up for me and I used it often for one hit boss fights in Mooshu. Being that it is trained I can also add Potent Trap to it now. I also got the Tri Blades and Trap from Niles, then trained the fists to Colossus in Celestia/Zafaria.

Mary

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
Im currently level 22 life and i have yet to have any need for a secondary school. Use 2 tp on the sprit blade and trap trained from the balance tree in the Krokosphinx. You could train Death to Feint and Ice to Tower Shield if you want but i find it a waste of tp when you can just get tc versions of them with gold at the bazzar. I also buy strong, giant and monstrous tc at the bazzar which help a lot with bosses. Did you get your life trap from Mildred Farseer in Collossus Boulevard. Their is no quest for it but it is free to train for life wizards. If you add the traps and blade i mentioned you should have no trouble killing enemies.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
Honestly, as a lvl 82 Life, its best alone.

Maybe Myth for the Buffs/debuffs, but Alone.

Explorer
Jan 12, 2013

I have been playing this game for almost five years now. On my life wiz, I actually bought back my training points after starting with a secondary school of storm. Here is what I have now used them on.

Ice - up to tower shield
Death - up to feint
Balance - spirit blades, traps and reshuffle
Astral Spells (when you reach celestia) - ten different spells here
Shadow Magic (Khrysalis) - 3 on shadow magic

That leaves me four more training points for when the new world comes out. So basically, I have found that you can really totally on Life magic to make it through the spiral. Mostly the training points used in the schools above where used for boosts/enchanments. Contrary to what you may have been hearing, Life is, in my opinion, the strongest school available. You can kill and heal. You can quest with a team or solo through the spiral.

Hope this helps.

Steven - Promethean Life
Steven Hawk - Promethean Fire

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
As you gain in levels you use less and less of out of school spells. Unless you have a mastery amulet using secondary school spells will waste your power pips.

I have a level 91 life wizard. I trained her in death up to feint and ice to tower shield. I also trained spirit blade and spirit trap from Niles in krok. This left plenty of training points for the star and sun (damage boost only) spells in the second arc of the game. I still have extra training points and will use some of them when I gain shadow magic.

Many people want to use secondary attacks when playing life because they don't have a mass attack until higher level (I believe level 68). Not having a mass attack is not really a hinderence for life during the first parts of the game. Most of the gear you will get gives extra power pip percentage. This allows life to quickly throw out Seraphs and Centaurs along with a heal if need be.

I do hope this helps.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
Survivor
May 02, 2011
Life is VERY good paired up with a strong school. Either Balance because of the blades and shields. or Fire because if its Strong Attacks. I Choose because it has a lower fizzle rate then storm.

Fiona has her own Sun, You do Too.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010

Hello , Let me start by saying i found life wizards don't really need a second school .... i am a level 95 life and never had a second school .... i found that life school has a good balance in spells that heal and that do damage .... if you use the traps and bonuses right you can save your training points for other schools yet to come .... (sun , moon , star , ) .... i have spent 2 training points in balance for bonuses that is all .... and in the commons where you get your vials refilled .... there is a teacher that sells you -80 shields .... i got all of those .... that is it .... with some sun school spells i still have over 12 training points left to spend ....

Hope that helps you ....

Thanks For Reading

Survivor
Jan 13, 2010
CC1403 on Mar 2, 2014 wrote:
Im currently level 22 life and i have yet to have any need for a secondary school. Use 2 tp on the sprit blade and trap trained from the balance tree in the Krokosphinx. You could train Death to Feint and Ice to Tower Shield if you want but i find it a waste of tp when you can just get tc versions of them with gold at the bazzar. I also buy strong, giant and monstrous tc at the bazzar which help a lot with bosses. Did you get your life trap from Mildred Farseer in Collossus Boulevard. Their is no quest for it but it is free to train for life wizards. If you add the traps and blade i mentioned you should have no trouble killing enemies.
Hey Thanks for replying.
Sadly i agree with what you said about the wasting of training points. But, i do find it a little difficult to use the special cards you can purchase from the trees. Strong giant monsters you mean pets? Yeah i've already gotten my life trap.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
pepperminthearts on Mar 4, 2014 wrote:
Hey Thanks for replying.
Sadly i agree with what you said about the wasting of training points. But, i do find it a little difficult to use the special cards you can purchase from the trees. Strong giant monsters you mean pets? Yeah i've already gotten my life trap.
Tough, Strong, Giant and Monstrous are Myth Treasure Cards, you can buy them from the Bazaar and from some dealers around the spiral. They are really Sun school spells, but in TC form they are Myth. They are enchanments to make a spell do more damage, Monstrous for example is +175 damage. So if you use the card on a Seraph spell that normally does 335-395 base damage, it will change it into a treasure card that does 510-570 base damage.