Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

tc cards needed for crafting higher level

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
can someone tell me how we are suppose to craft the outfits we needed for the higher level wizards, when we are dependent on bosses dropping them? I have been fighting bosses for a week to get a tc card my lever 95 wizard needs to make 86 level clothes? This is beyond my comprehension why we have to depend on the game to give us what we need to play it correctly.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
farming578 on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
can someone tell me how we are suppose to craft the outfits we needed for the higher level wizards, when we are dependent on bosses dropping them? I have been fighting bosses for a week to get a tc card my lever 95 wizard needs to make 86 level clothes? This is beyond my comprehension why we have to depend on the game to give us what we need to play it correctly.
Altho I totally agree with you I don't see where the game is going to chance to make gear for upper levels more obtainable. Many areas of the game have been left for the devoted with the time and patience to complete these things. I did craft the level 56 gear but that is as far of a chore I want in the game.

For me except for my main wizard it means abracadabra - delete and start all over again, usually end of Avalon or into Azteca - some schools with stand poor gear longer. I am running out of schools I want to repeat playing though so when my sub is up in March it maybe good timing for me to exit the Spiral. I am fully aware the game has out grown me. It means very cheap game play thou, accept for my yrly sub I don't invest any real money into disposable wizards. I really would rather just quest though the Spiral then anything else.

Eventually as the worlds progress not having a decent pet, knowledge about how to really play the game and good gear will severely degrade the game play experience for many. Those complaining the new world is easy, for me not so much so that means it's time to quit rather then try to slog though it. I have no interest in mindless farming or difficult crafting or disappointing pet training wasting my high rank pet snacks on a useless pet. In real life I am no good at chance to get and don't want it in the game I play either.

Mary

Survivor
Dec 12, 2010
got the same prob. have a Wiz that has the life aura card and hasn't been to Azteca yet. Another Wiz needs it for crafting but I'm not sure where the first Wiz got it. Don't remember if we are getting aura cards from Atlantea? And what about trading them at least within your own group of Wizards? that would be a good update maybe?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
hardwater on Feb 14, 2014 wrote:
got the same prob. have a Wiz that has the life aura card and hasn't been to Azteca yet. Another Wiz needs it for crafting but I'm not sure where the first Wiz got it. Don't remember if we are getting aura cards from Atlantea? And what about trading them at least within your own group of Wizards? that would be a good update maybe?
They have already said they won't allow trading TC between your wizards. As for the actual cards needed for crafting, all three hidden bosses in Aquila can drop any of the aura cards from any school as well as the final bosses in Atlantea and Tartarus. There are also many bosses in Atzeca that drop them all. Just pick one that is a school that you are comfortable fighting.

Survivor
Jun 03, 2012
I have been trying to get a Colossal Card so I can craft several games. However, the bosses that are suppose to drop it, don't. It is frustrating to duel because when I was at lower levels I never dueled. So since I have a level 95, they always match me with a very experienced duelist and I always lose the duel. So, I can not get any tickets to buy Colossal, Merle's Whiskers, Amber and Amber Dust. Thus I can never craft cards necessary to create Colossal card. Also, you can't buy it, and Sun school will not allow me to trade for the card or train for the card.

So, I have noticed that bosses don't always drop what they say they are suppose to drop, any always drop low ranking cards, that you do not need.

Gardening Cards, like fickle pickle are suppose to give Colossal cards but never do.

So, how can you get a Colossal card?

Please help me, I am frustrated. I only have 4 and need six. Why doesn't the game have a place where you can train for the card. Sun school in the Jungle says you ca train for that power, but there is no where you can purchase it, except through dueling.

Please help

Survivor
Sep 16, 2010
One of my wizards, Cori IceCaller, has finished Azteca, farmed and farmed all the bosses in
Azteca and farmed Cronus for nearly 6 months to no avail. She is unable to collect the potent trap required to complete the craft quest for Azteca. It is truly frustrating. I have sent help requests to Kingsisle on more than one occasion but sadly get ZERO response. Personally, I just don't get it. If the game is made to allow wizards to craft, surely the game would accommodate the ability for your wizard to collect the required items.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
meercat619 on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
One of my wizards, Cori IceCaller, has finished Azteca, farmed and farmed all the bosses in
Azteca and farmed Cronus for nearly 6 months to no avail. She is unable to collect the potent trap required to complete the craft quest for Azteca. It is truly frustrating. I have sent help requests to Kingsisle on more than one occasion but sadly get ZERO response. Personally, I just don't get it. If the game is made to allow wizards to craft, surely the game would accommodate the ability for your wizard to collect the required items.
I've been farming a life boss in Tierra de Brea for a few days for an aura card for crafting, I've found 3 of every aura BUT the one I need and I've found 5 Potent Trap cards. Maybe you just need to change farming spots.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
nightseeker9999 on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
I have been trying to get a Colossal Card so I can craft several games. However, the bosses that are suppose to drop it, don't. It is frustrating to duel because when I was at lower levels I never dueled. So since I have a level 95, they always match me with a very experienced duelist and I always lose the duel. So, I can not get any tickets to buy Colossal, Merle's Whiskers, Amber and Amber Dust. Thus I can never craft cards necessary to create Colossal card. Also, you can't buy it, and Sun school will not allow me to trade for the card or train for the card.

So, I have noticed that bosses don't always drop what they say they are suppose to drop, any always drop low ranking cards, that you do not need.

Gardening Cards, like fickle pickle are suppose to give Colossal cards but never do.

So, how can you get a Colossal card?

Please help me, I am frustrated. I only have 4 and need six. Why doesn't the game have a place where you can train for the card. Sun school in the Jungle says you ca train for that power, but there is no where you can purchase it, except through dueling.

Please help
Just the fact that you can use arena tickets to buy Amber ticks me off. If you need amber, plant King Parsley like everyone else. Yes it takes a long time, but I've managed to get enough amber to craft Deer Knight, Keeper of the Flame and Brimstone Revenant.
If anything is going to kill this game, it's going to be the PvE players who are sick of the special treatment that KI gives to PvP.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2010
seethe42 on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
They have already said they won't allow trading TC between your wizards. As for the actual cards needed for crafting, all three hidden bosses in Aquila can drop any of the aura cards from any school as well as the final bosses in Atlantea and Tartarus. There are also many bosses in Atzeca that drop them all. Just pick one that is a school that you are comfortable fighting.
As level 95 I really agree with all of the frustration of doing over and over. As I also
have the time being retired but, since I do buy a lot of crown shop items, training not less then 15 pets from epic to mega , and buy crowns on sale once month. Give your members a break in this area. I have spent not less then2 hours a day fighting these bosses. For 2 solid weeks. and still not able to get rare drops that you can not transmute or trade, as a crafter. Current for me is. turquoise, also impossible to get as drop or buy ! Yes I love playing wizard. and fighting alone a lot, I use also henchmen . Please, listen to those who love the game but decision should be in favor to those who love the game and willing to be loyal. I also do my best to help the younger ones or older wizards, as we do a lot as loyal members who invested in the wizard101 international game; and not enough "stock" of rare tc that are not allowed for trade or be able to transmute for crafters who have made level 95 amongst ourselves. What example for all age groups or wizards in the game. Yes I want to stay a member as long as I am able to play the game. I put up with the frustration. l have 4 in the Levels of 80 to 95 and 2 in 70-79. Trying to get good stats , in crown shop well, for the crowns ,also need better balance for each wizards but that you find in crafting less expensive, but taking at least two months for the rare tc; untradeable and impossible to buy unless you stand guard in the bazaar to obtain. at least two hours waiting. Since Then all are obtain with gold, which you farm odd hours to find. Unless receive as reward from questing.. Or buy from crown shop. I call as I experienced it and ;putting in one message instead of bits and pieces. Again, I like the game, and still play. Then I am retired.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2010
Please don't feel lonely. I can't even find where I am supposed to buy the loremaster and other TC I need to craft so don't stand a chance of crafting them to be able to craft something else. If KI is requiring these TC for crafting then they should also make the crafting spell AVAILABLE. I have looked all over and cannot locate any information on it. If anyone could assist me that would be great.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Machosrider69 on Apr 28, 2014 wrote:
Please don't feel lonely. I can't even find where I am supposed to buy the loremaster and other TC I need to craft so don't stand a chance of crafting them to be able to craft something else. If KI is requiring these TC for crafting then they should also make the crafting spell AVAILABLE. I have looked all over and cannot locate any information on it. If anyone could assist me that would be great.
Grady in Dun Scaith in Dun Dara, the same person who sells the recipe for the spell sells the TC recipe.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2010
Thank you so very much for the information. My frustration level just dropped immensely.