Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Astral School Spell Ideas

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Spell Name: Massive
School: Sun
Pip Cost: 0
Effect: +325 damage to a spell

Spell Name: Super-Massive
School: Sun
Effect: +400 Damage to a spell

Spell Name: Drain Life
School: Star
Effect: Draining spells heal 150% and +15% outgoing damage for 5 rounds
(Death only)

Spell Name: Resourceful
Effect: You can use any blades as if they were balance blades and +20% Incoming damage for 5 rounds
(Balance Only)

Spell Name: Gift of Life
Effect: 40% of damage taken turns into health and +5% Power Pip chance for 5 rounds
(Life Only)

Spell Name: Rampage
Effect: Damage attacks hit all enemies, -30% outgoing Damage, and +5% Armor Piercing for 5 rounds
(Myth Only)

Spell Name: Defensive Trick
Effect: Gain a tower shield for every incoming spell ranked 8+ and +15% outgoing damage for 5 rounds
(Ice Only)

Spell Name: Preserve
Effect: Blades can be used without disappearing and -10% accuracy for 5 rounds
(Storm Only)

Spell Name: Burning Mark
Effect: Damage Over Time is increased by 65% and +15% accuracy for 5 rounds
(Fire Only)

Are these balanced enough? Do you like these ideas? Comment some of your astral spell ideas!!

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
I like the Sun School spell ideas but as for the Star school spell ideas, some of them are good but some of them wouldn't be so good.

Fire school only star spell idea: This one is OK

Ice school only star spell idea: This one is really nice and especially since Ice's damage is low, that increased outgoing damage would help very much

Storm school only star spell idea: I don't understand what you mean by the disappearing blade part. As for the accuracy, It's hard enough for storm people to deal with 70% accuracy, what are you thinking when you said -10% accuracy?!? That'll make it harder for them

Myth school only star spell idea: When you say damage attacks hit all enemies, do you mean that even a single hit attack would end up hitting all enemies? As for the outgoing damage, I think -15% damage would be better. For the Armor Pierce part, That just reminds me of Shadow Spells kind of except a lot weaker but still would be nice

Life school only star spell idea: This one would be nice to see

Death school only star spell idea: This one would be awesome since I got a LvL 95 death wizard but isn't 150% a little too much? How about putting it down to somewhere near 75% instead. As for the outgoing damage, that would be really nice

Balance school only star spell idea: I'm confused on what you mean by the "You can use any blades as if they were balance blades" part. As for the +20% incoming damage, I guess that would equal out the battle field if I knew what you meant by the blade part lol

Once again with the Sun School spells part, I think we should have another sun school spell just like the one you mentioned because a lot of use would probably like a better sun school spell to use because a lot of us uses the Colossal spell a lot and that's from Zafaria! So those 2 would be very nice to have

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
doesn't storm need something better then blade recycling compared to the others?

Survivor
Nov 16, 2012
-enchant -20 to one shield( 1 pip require)
-polymorph to bugs(which our stats remains but just changing our spells for 4 or 5 rounds)
- cast random aura

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Sun School Spells: sweet!

Star School Spells:

Drain Life - so they heal 150% of total damage I take it? I like it although some would consider it overpowered since it also boosts daamage. perhaps if the damage boosting wasn't there people might like it better. All in all, a nice thought for a spell

Resourceful - Wow, that's one heck of an idea, but I feel it would be way too over powered when you consider triple blade spells. Even if they dont stack on that attack, that's a ton of boosting. I know you put a round limit on there, but I think it's just too much. however, I dont know how to change it.

Gift of Life - I like it

Rampage - I dont like that it changes all spells to AoE spells simply because it's school specific. Perhaps if it changed Myth's spells into 2 hit spells, that would be better. As for making a spell to make all caster's spells AoE, why limit it to one school? :)

Defensive Trick - neat option. Would the tower shield be the standard 50%?

Preserve - WAY too overpowered. I don't care that storm is the strongest of all schools, this would give it a bottomless pit of blades that could stack. Think about Supercharge and Tempest for a moment. Even after you blew the 14 pips, and got a powerpip the next round, that's a TON of boosting.

Burning Mark - I like this one, but I feel others may think the boost would make it too powerful.

All in all you have some GREAT ideas here.