Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Big Problem :(

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 15, 2012
There is a lot of creatures in wizard101 that you can run into or that you have to defeat in quests. but here is the problem, drops... I never got a useful one! ever! So they just fill up my backpack; and currently, my backpack is full :( Lots of people suggested to sell it all; but since it is all "never useful" I do not get much gold.

I wish creatures dropped better stuff!

any help or ideas?

Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
Matters, What level and world are you on? Krokotopia doesn't drop too-bad drops, once you get to Mooshu they get good. Old Parchments from DS are worth about 150 coins I think. :)

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
well for one I say depending on your level check the gear that has good stats for you and your school and the rest sell in Bazaar and trust me you will get good gold especially as you level up and get more gear drops from other schools that you can sell in bazaar. As far as drops go they are random sometimes you will get good drops other time you wont...there is no way to help or try to get good drops. I say sell the stuff from other schools but gear that has good stats and for your school keep for when you level up it can come in handy.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
I think you need to keep on selling your items. You can sell some items for a lot later in the game.

Try to sell in the Bazaar, you'll sell it for higher than other shops or the Quick Sell button, at least most of the time.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
XWizard MasterX on Nov 27, 2013 wrote:
There is a lot of creatures in wizard101 that you can run into or that you have to defeat in quests. but here is the problem, drops... I never got a useful one! ever! So they just fill up my backpack; and currently, my backpack is full :( Lots of people suggested to sell it all; but since it is all "never useful" I do not get much gold.

any help or ideas?
Go to the Bazaar and SELL everything as you have been told. A fully backpack means you get NO drops.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010

any help or ideas?
The idea is to sell off all the stuff you do not wish to keep at the Bazaar and no auction at the shops and use the proceeds to buy better gear, housing, mounts, pets etc. Every 5-10 levels your wizard can use better gear. Until either you craft the WT gear or do WW. After lvl 60 other gear is hit and miss.

I give you that drops though out regular questing are hit and miss on ever finding anything usable.

Mary

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010

any help or ideas?
From what I've seen, don't use drop gear. Buy your gear from sellers, (Up to Zafaria) and then craft your gear or buy it from the crowns shop.

-Nicholas Hawkspear level 95

P.S. This is not a "Big Problem". And, do sell it. If your never going to use it, why keep it in your backpack? At least you get gold. Sell what you can at the Bazaar, and then the rest in the Shopping District.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012

any help or ideas?
just keep selling the stuff. You'll empty your backpack and find you're swimming in gold soo quickly that virtually any gear you wanna buy, you'll be able to. Heck, at my level (just under 90), I sell soo much stuff that I have to buy snacks and reagents just to make room to sell more stuff because of the gold cap (which I know has been raised)

Survivor
Dec 26, 2012
Keep in mind sell EVERYTHING! Also keep an eye on your treasure cards. You can only have up to 500 t-cards. The higher ranking (cost of pips) cards, including multiple copies, can get you lots of gold. Just saying.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
Just sell the stuff in the Bazaar. That is where you get a lot of gold. You can the use the gold you got to buy better stuff. Anyway, I think drops are pretty good. Mostly in higher worlds, but still.