Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some Changes I'd Like To See in the Third Arc

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 10, 2009
As Khrysalis opens in the test realm, and the second arc comes to a close, there is a lot of wondering about how the third arc should look. Here are my suggestions:
  • The endless grind of battles should be fixed. This was not true in all of the second arc, but there seemed a reigniting pattern of one type of quest after another. In Celestia, it was those endless defeat-and-collect quests. Zafaria was mixed-up pretty well, but sometimes, especially in the first part, it seemed like there was not enough bosses. In Avalon, I saw the opposite effect. A lot of people liked it, and in terms of story and things I could see why, but I thought there was too many bosses. In Azteca, it was similar, although there were less bosses.
  • This is a strange one, but I think it is equally important. Most people dress in full or partial Waterworks sets. I, for one, dress in a WW robe, crafted hat and Crowns boots. Crafted gear will always be better, that is the way this is, and so will Crowns, but I still think it is silly how most level 90's are wearing 60+ only gear. Remember how in the first arc we used to go to the Bazaar every few levels to get new stuff? Actually, when I first got to Celestia, I wore my old DragonSpyre max gear. As my brother pointed out to me, why wear the old stuff when better was available? But its not just WW gear in particular, its the general idea of maxing out on clothing.
  • Another thing that I'm sure you hear a lot is that the story should be more interesting. In Azteca (and the rest of the second arc) the quests seem to be an excuse for a multitude of boss battles. In the first arc, the story was not always interesting, but it was better. A lot of the quest we seem to do for the sake of helping people, which seems like a viable excuse for shotty writing. In Pirate101, I got the feeling that the writers felt like they couldn't take that excuse, so it was quite a bit better as a story. Also, at the center of every story is its villain, so you should take that to mind.
  • So, adding on to all of this there should be more long, hard dungeons. By that I do not mean the endless towers or boss battles, but dungeons more like what we have been seeing at the end of worlds, with quests and characters of their own. After all, what is the Kat's Lab of Azteca? The Labyrinth of Zafaria? Just tonight, I was reading a post about how there should be more puzzles in the later worlds, which I think ties into this.
If you don't do these things specifically, I would then give you one other piece of advice: listen to the fans.

Haley MoonHeart, Archmage (89) Thaumagture

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Haley MoonHeart on Nov 5, 2013 wrote:
As Khrysalis opens in the test realm, and the second arc comes to a close, there is a lot of wondering about how the third arc should look. Here are my suggestions:
  • The endless grind of battles should be fixed. This was not true in all of the second arc, but there seemed a reigniting pattern of one type of quest after another. In Celestia, it was those endless defeat-and-collect quests. Zafaria was mixed-up pretty well, but sometimes, especially in the first part, it seemed like there was not enough bosses. In Avalon, I saw the opposite effect. A lot of people liked it, and in terms of story and things I could see why, but I thought there was too many bosses. In Azteca, it was similar, although there were less bosses.
  • This is a strange one, but I think it is equally important. Most people dress in full or partial Waterworks sets. I, for one, dress in a WW robe, crafted hat and Crowns boots. Crafted gear will always be better, that is the way this is, and so will Crowns, but I still think it is silly how most level 90's are wearing 60+ only gear. Remember how in the first arc we used to go to the Bazaar every few levels to get new stuff? Actually, when I first got to Celestia, I wore my old DragonSpyre max gear. As my brother pointed out to me, why wear the old stuff when better was available? But its not just WW gear in particular, its the general idea of maxing out on clothing.
  • Another thing that I'm sure you hear a lot is that the story should be more interesting. In Azteca (and the rest of the second arc) the quests seem to be an excuse for a multitude of boss battles. In the first arc, the story was not always interesting, but it was better. A lot of the quest we seem to do for the sake of helping people, which seems like a viable excuse for shotty writing. In Pirate101, I got the feeling that the writers felt like they couldn't take that excuse, so it was quite a bit better as a story. Also, at the center of every story is its villain, so you should take that to mind.
  • So, adding on to all of this there should be more long, hard dungeons. By that I do not mean the endless towers or boss battles, but dungeons more like what we have been seeing at the end of worlds, with quests and characters of their own. After all, what is the Kat's Lab of Azteca? The Labyrinth of Zafaria? Just tonight, I was reading a post about how there should be more puzzles in the later worlds, which I think ties into this.
If you don't do these things specifically, I would then give you one other piece of advice: listen to the fans.

Haley MoonHeart, Archmage (89) Thaumagture
crafted gear (levels 90 and below for sure) is not better then waterworks sets level 90 and 91 the hades sets with same resist as waterworks sets are best level and because of the shadow spell that gives 60 pierce for 3 rounds best gear level 92+ is probably the hades gear focused on pierce damage and critical with no resist

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
I would agree Khyrsalis is long and drawn out, but remember this is part one of two. We asked for a new world and got it. I would expect all the drama and good stuff to be coming next year in part 2.

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
critical blizzard on Nov 6, 2013 wrote:
crafted gear (levels 90 and below for sure) is not better then waterworks sets level 90 and 91 the hades sets with same resist as waterworks sets are best level and because of the shadow spell that gives 60 pierce for 3 rounds best gear level 92+ is probably the hades gear focused on pierce damage and critical with no resist
Not better? Lets review with myth robes: (WaterWorks Vs Avalon Crafted)

Tricksy Cape: Armor of the Banneret:
352 Health 435 Health
13 Global Block 55 death and life block
8% accuracy 6% myth accuracy
18% myth damage 17% myth damage
5% incoming heal 55 Myth critical
34 Myth critical

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
I would love if they had more of the puzzles. I used to beg my questing friends to let me do the puzzles in the early worlds. If they added puzzles in Khrysalis part 2 I would probably freak out and try to do all the puzzles. Lolz.

-Jasmine Owltalon, level 95 myth

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Wolf DunePyre on Dec 15, 2013 wrote:
Not better? Lets review with myth robes: (WaterWorks Vs Avalon Crafted)

Tricksy Cape: Armor of the Banneret:
352 Health 435 Health
13 Global Block 55 death and life block
8% accuracy 6% myth accuracy
18% myth damage 17% myth damage
5% incoming heal 55 Myth critical
34 Myth critical
1 you forgot to compare the resist 2 how on earth do you possibly think death and life block is better then universal

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
critical blizzard on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
1 you forgot to compare the resist 2 how on earth do you possibly think death and life block is better then universal
They're the same. Crafted gear is about the same at the aztecan level with more critical / accuracy for most schools.Most people don't use the balance gear for the lack of pips as well.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Eric Legendtamer on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
They're the same. Crafted gear is about the same at the aztecan level with more critical / accuracy for most schools.Most people don't use the balance gear for the lack of pips as well.
honestly they're about the same but waterworks gear is slightly better idk about you but i don't want all schools except life and death criticaling on me

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
critical blizzard on Dec 16, 2013 wrote:
Well, you must think more of defensive strategies. Losing a bit of defense to tons more offense is okay with me. I guess it's just depending on what you like.

Hero
Nov 14, 2010
Wolf DunePyre on Dec 18, 2013 wrote:
Well, you must think more of defensive strategies. Losing a bit of defense to tons more offense is okay with me. I guess it's just depending on what you like.
well, don't waste all my money and time when it's much easier to farm a dungeon for gear that will be your best option for 30 levels and then there is tartarus which will probably be the best until level 120

Survivor
Aug 20, 2011
critical blizzard on Dec 17, 2013 wrote:
honestly they're about the same but waterworks gear is slightly better idk about you but i don't want all schools except life and death criticaling on me
If you don't wanna be bombarded by crits, 13 block will NOT help.