Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Price of mounts, gear, castles, etc

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 05, 2009
I have realized lightly that KI's newest mounts are ridiculously expensive, am i the only one who noticed Seriously some of their mounts cost as much as 14000 crowns which is the equivalent of almost $30 in U.S. currency. That's ridiculous! $30 for one mount Not to mention the newest gear is insanely pricey. I think that KI needs to lower their prices, I am a loyal fan and player but I can hardly keep up with the expenses of this game, am I the only one who thinks this

QuinnStarrStaff

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
JohnNawrocki on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
I have realized lightly that KI's newest mounts are ridiculously expensive, am i the only one who noticed Seriously some of their mounts cost as much as 14000 crowns which is the equivalent of almost $30 in U.S. currency. That's ridiculous! $30 for one mount Not to mention the newest gear is insanely pricey. I think that KI needs to lower their prices, I am a loyal fan and player but I can hardly keep up with the expenses of this game, am I the only one who thinks this

QuinnStarrStaff
I think my grip goes the other way - have you noticed that the amount of mounts that are available for gold have remained the same since I don't even remember when? I think that ended when the cat line came out?

I am really not about making my wizards the coolest in the Spiral and have found the bought for gold broom goes just as fast as any Crown mount offered.

Still I do agree pricing the mounts above what most would pay for them may not be in KI's best interest.

Explorer
Nov 21, 2009
No your not the only one who thinks this, but KI still needs to make a profit once the item becomes older and less popular they will lower the price, trust me!

What that saying Mrs. GreyRose likes so much? "With patience victory is assured"

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
For really expensive mounts, I usually wait for a sale. Mount-a-Palooza is a great time to buy. I think they hold them in the spring. I forget.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
Actually........I'm with you on this! I know they are trying to make a profit, but there are one million people playing this game...which is a lot. I think they do need to lower their prices just a tad for people to be able to buy them. Also, a whole lot of players will buy the new prices and constantly buy some.

Scarlet Moonheart 78

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
JohnNawrocki on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:

QuinnStarrStaff
While a mount might look really nice, (already mentioned) it doesn't make you go any faster than any other mount. I understand why people buy tons of mounts, of varying kinds. Nothing wrong with that at all. I bought one of the winter holiday mounts and the panther mount for crowns. The Candy Cane Broom mount was to replace the Panther because I just didn't need animation on my mount. I have since bought the 2 gold-buyable brooms and have bank-shared them. Mounts are very nice and I'm glad they have such a wide selection. Best thing to do (also mentioned) is to wait when the mounts get discounted.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
Scarlet Moonheart on Oct 24, 2013 wrote:
Actually........I'm with you on this! I know they are trying to make a profit, but there are one million people playing this game...which is a lot. I think they do need to lower their prices just a tad for people to be able to buy them. Also, a whole lot of players will buy the new prices and constantly buy some.

Scarlet Moonheart 78
I believe the amount of players is a bit higher than that, currently it is at 35 million.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
Hey, you can't blame Kingisle: they have to make a profit somehow. Sure, crown shop items are a little pricey, but if they didn't make them a pricey, they would increase the price of something else. Also, I would like to point out that most things are optional, so you can live without things, and some items can be bought with gold. They also have sales for most of these items. Just putting my opinion in this situation.

Charles Nightsword, Level 36 See you in the Spiral! (or not)

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Yeah They are very expensive I mean come on the game itself is pay to play and between pirates101 and wizard101 I'm sure KI won't go broke any time soon They can stand to lower the prices a little bit