Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I love Aquila anyone else?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
So aquila is awesome and I saw someone with a Enchanted Armament that is first generation an has 3 epic talents at ancient. That sounds pretty awesome. Golden Ram has a new may cast, may cast time of legend. Sothat's awesome. The Hade's gear crushes waterworks. Okay, this place is awesome. I saw a level 33 who was a storm and he said to me "This gear is great! It just won me 7 matches in a row in PvP" and he was wearing Aquila gear. So right now Aquila is looking amazing and then there's a twist. New mastery amulets that are better than the old ones. I think Aquila is awesome. Anyone else?
Critical Death

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
It sounds neat but I worry that the game may suffer for "power creep"

This is where in a game system, every new expansion's gear, spells, or prizes always have to be better than what's already available, every time.

Things spiral out of hand pretty quickly, and people who have spent years maintaining their memberships and crafting gear, crafting spells, gardening, and questing are suddenly obsoleted. Everything is strictly better than anything you already have.

After a few expansions you wind up with spells, effects, gear, and ancillary elements that are wildly overpowered and easily exploited by players.

By the time the game's designers and maintainers have this figured out, rolling back some of the overpowered changes would be met with a lot of resentment. The other solution is to make the bosses and new content areas harder and harder, resulting in ever bigger bloated health bars and more cheats and off-color spells.

I agree the Golden Ram is awesome, and sure beats the trousers off my poor little Shaolin Monkey who can only give the card to me so I will cast it for her.

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
Me, cause I gonna farm for Hades Gear and maybe pet.

Cole Dunerunner

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
critical death on Aug 3, 2013 wrote:
So aquila is awesome and I saw someone with a Enchanted Armament that is first generation an has 3 epic talents at ancient. That sounds pretty awesome. Golden Ram has a new may cast, may cast time of legend. Sothat's awesome. The Hade's gear crushes waterworks. Okay, this place is awesome. I saw a level 33 who was a storm and he said to me "This gear is great! It just won me 7 matches in a row in PvP" and he was wearing Aquila gear. So right now Aquila is looking amazing and then there's a twist. New mastery amulets that are better than the old ones. I think Aquila is awesome. Anyone else?
Critical Death
Critical,

I agree the zone is awesome, but....I have problems understanding the gear. When I to the tour of Waterworks, I only got the hat from the squid, so when I moved into the worlds of Zafaria, Avalon and Azteca; I have been looking for better all around stats (critical attack and block a must) that helps me get through the areas. My 70 gear for boots has better stats than my 90, why is that?

Unless it is me, the gear being offered since Celestia has been dependent on the criticals, and for those of us that have no patience for endlessly traversing the Waterworks, Diego's teachings of the criticals was a great thing.

Sow now, we drop the criticals for what? Besides hours of confusion. Will check back tomorrow.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90

P.S., I made a post called Aquila: Help me understand. Should be posted by tomorrow.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Well I have stuff to say. Crunkatog, this gear is actually trying to change the strategic mind of the player, but with some "power creep". Thankfully not a lot. The critical storm is getting has a lot of power and by a calculator's calculations, if they land a critical leviathan with their damage boosts and a balde or two it may do nearly 5,000 damage. And storm is getting hyper piercing. Too much power for storm but there's a catch. No defenses and barely any block. So this can easily manipulate the player into an offensive strategy but a tower shield and a weakness and that damage is gone.
Promethean, they just have different stats. The boots probably have lower critical block and defenses, but they make up for the rest of their set. Plus the full hade's fire set is crazed with critical but no defenses. I like to judge that with a o/d score. An offense/defense score. In this case using ten pints total of scoring I think of hade's set as 8/2. It's evened out using that scoring method. Your set probably has a balanced score.
And crunk, about shaolin, shao has a lower pedigree so expect it to be worse in some way.
Critical Death (By the way I don't have a death, it's just how I always lose)

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
critical death on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
Well I have stuff to say. Crunkatog, this gear is actually trying to change the strategic mind of the player, but with some "power creep". Thankfully not a lot. The critical storm is getting has a lot of power and by a calculator's calculations, if they land a critical leviathan with their damage boosts and a balde or two it may do nearly 5,000 damage. And storm is getting hyper piercing. Too much power for storm but there's a catch. No defenses and barely any block. So this can easily manipulate the player into an offensive strategy but a tower shield and a weakness and that damage is gone.
Promethean, they just have different stats. The boots probably have lower critical block and defenses, but they make up for the rest of their set. Plus the full hade's fire set is crazed with critical but no defenses. I like to judge that with a o/d score. An offense/defense score. In this case using ten pints total of scoring I think of hade's set as 8/2. It's evened out using that scoring method. Your set probably has a balanced score.
And crunk, about shaolin, shao has a lower pedigree so expect it to be worse in some way.
Critical Death (By the way I don't have a death, it's just how I always lose)
Critical,

That helps a little. I have been playing since June 2009, and I believe the way I went about everything has been wrong.

When I kept getting new points, I picked Life as my secondary school, but instead of stopping at Satyr I stopped at Centaur, then started picking Balance cards before I saw it was wise for Ice wizards to go through Death to Feint; and when Celestia opened up, I thought (always a bad thing when confused) that armaments would be evermore critical offense and defense, until piercing was added.

Then came Waterworks and the entire 2nd Arc of Morganthe, the departure of the guy that started Wizard101, and finally Aquila, where apparently the gear of the second arc can be tossed aside for Aquila gear.

Question: Is the crafting person in Aquila supposed to give us a crafting badge if we craft ALL of the gear?

I have miscellaneous items from all schools, and had no idea why all the gear was an open possibility. Like I said, this is confusing and I hope Prof. Greyrose or any other professor/moderator would help me understand what is going on with the gear in Aquila.

Timothy Pearlflower, L90 , bouncing around Aquila on my proud lion

Explorer
Jan 29, 2011
I love Aquila and I just love the blade of the felled Titan and alpha and omega ring but I still keep storm owls terror ring for the damage but those items are insane plus the new mastery amulets are just so good.I love Aquila plus the new epic wands and hades gear.I love the harpy pet too.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2013
i am a level 38 death wizard and i cant fight the first boss with even with help. that first boss is the first or second strongest npc enemy i ever seen.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
master of disaster on Aug 14, 2013 wrote:
i am a level 38 death wizard and i cant fight the first boss with even with help. that first boss is the first or second strongest npc enemy i ever seen.
Well the rewards are worth waiting for friends. I recommend being on Scarecrow realm because that is where most farming parties are.

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
grrr I can't wait to lvl up to 70, I want to have it like a normal world by quest unlock. and I am lvl 51 and I don't like all the lvl 30+ armor and wands. it should be like packs, where the status is based on your lvl, that's why I upgrade my armor when ever I get to the zeros. I don't really like Aquila that much, but the health status of the armor is worth a lot. I used the Zeus's robe as my upgrade robe today.