Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Would any one else want this?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 29, 2013
Ok so I know I'm going out on a limb here but, wouldn't it be nice to have a global spell that maybe you could craft or buy tc that keeps people from the street joining your battle. I'm so sick of people just jumping in without asking. I know this will never happen but its nice to dream
lvl90

lvl30
lvl63

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
Lol I know what you mean. It gets frustrating after awhile when people aren't wanted in a battle. This could be a spell, but I already know others will complain its not fair . It's a dream thou

Delver
Dec 18, 2009
I think that it would be an okay idea, but maybe just for higher levels. Don't leave the low leveled people all alone. You should also be able to cast a counter spell just in case you need some help

From, Diana Swiftfountainlvl 84,

Explorer
Dec 16, 2012
Imagine the trolling. If you had 70 health left, imagine the frustration of a wizard walking by, on the same mob quest as you, because some jerk joined the battle, cast the spell, and ported out.

Fred Nightbreath, lvl 48

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
this would be better served as an option rather than a spell, one that could be engaged and disengaged in the middle fo combat via the options menu

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
DominoDog222 on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
Imagine the trolling. If you had 70 health left, imagine the frustration of a wizard walking by, on the same mob quest as you, because some jerk joined the battle, cast the spell, and ported out.

Fred Nightbreath, lvl 48
I actually agree. Its a bad idea, people can use this to troll and if you need help and have 100 health left, then no one will be able to join to help you.

Defender
Feb 16, 2010

Fred Nightbreath, lvl 48
agreed but i like all the help i can get

-jack

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
I know how you feel, it is annoying. But I think it should be a button with the pass draw and flee buttons. And you can always un-click it if you need help. It would also block friend teleports.

Sarah Moonshade
Magus Conjurer

Summon legends, be a legend.

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
As much as I hate when I think I've won, then I have to help some idiot beat his opponent, I honestly don't think this is a good idea. An option in a menu that can be engaged or disengaged sounds better.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I don't think there should be ANY way to lock battles.

Yes, it is annoying when someone joins your battle and drags in another enemy just as you give killing hit. With a way to lock battles, you open up ways for the feature to be abused.

There are areas with limited amount of enemies needed to complete your quest. Imagine how someone would feel if they are trying to complete a quest, but can't find an open battle, yet there is one person locking their battles.

I distinctively remember when Zafaria went live. Battling the Fire Lion Ravagers was nearly impossible because of the small amount of enemies. Nearly every realm I went to had full battle circles. If there had been a lock battle feature, many people would have used it never caring that others needed the same enemies.

What if you accidentally joined someone's battle only to have them lock the battle and then flee? I would also bet there would be at least one group of friends separating to create several battles and locking them so no one in the area could join.

If I can think of many ways a feature like this could be abused, so can the KI workers, which is why it is something that would probably never be implemented.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Hannah Lifebringer on Sep 10, 2013 wrote:
I don't think there should be ANY way to lock battles.

Yes, it is annoying when someone joins your battle and drags in another enemy just as you give killing hit. With a way to lock battles, you open up ways for the feature to be abused.

There are areas with limited amount of enemies needed to complete your quest. Imagine how someone would feel if they are trying to complete a quest, but can't find an open battle, yet there is one person locking their battles.

I distinctively remember when Zafaria went live. Battling the Fire Lion Ravagers was nearly impossible because of the small amount of enemies. Nearly every realm I went to had full battle circles. If there had been a lock battle feature, many people would have used it never caring that others needed the same enemies.

What if you accidentally joined someone's battle only to have them lock the battle and then flee? I would also bet there would be at least one group of friends separating to create several battles and locking them so no one in the area could join.

If I can think of many ways a feature like this could be abused, so can the KI workers, which is why it is something that would probably never be implemented.
I completely see your argument and agree. Though, what about people that are not on your quests, what about people that won't be any help to you. I am hinting at something here. Low levels. I think there should be an option for locking, just to keep low lvls out. It gives room for other people who are more powerful and can provide more to the battle (no offense to low lvls, that love to port and make me do all the work). I am seeing no red lights here. If someone tries to argue that some low levels actually help more than higher levels, than I am going to respond, they don't. What really irks me in W101 is the low levels joining, it is like chain join. One low level comes and brings 2 other friends. They cast fairy the whole time and try to kraken the boss even though I have 10 traps on it, which is barely enough to kill with Sabertooth, let alone unenchanted kraken. That is the only thing I find debatable, even though it is not debatable. Anything else? (I am not going to say what levels can be considered "low level" but for sure under level 30 is not arguable)

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Wizgamer105 on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
I completely see your argument and agree. Though, what about people that are not on your quests, what about people that won't be any help to you. I am hinting at something here. Low levels. I think there should be an option for locking, just to keep low lvls out. It gives room for other people who are more powerful and can provide more to the battle (no offense to low lvls, that love to port and make me do all the work). I am seeing no red lights here. If someone tries to argue that some low levels actually help more than higher levels, than I am going to respond, they don't. What really irks me in W101 is the low levels joining, it is like chain join. One low level comes and brings 2 other friends. They cast fairy the whole time and try to kraken the boss even though I have 10 traps on it, which is barely enough to kill with Sabertooth, let alone unenchanted kraken. That is the only thing I find debatable, even though it is not debatable. Anything else? (I am not going to say what levels can be considered "low level" but for sure under level 30 is not arguable)
I still believe the battle lock is not a way to solve this issue.

Yes, Low Levels in the Higher Level worlds can be a problem. That is the reason why I think they should put a level restriction on some of those worlds. For example: Only Level 40 and above can port to Celestia unless they have unlocked that world, and Level 50 to Zafaria, etc.

I have had Level 20's join my fights in Azteca. When that happens, I do not even try to help or heal them. They are on their own. There is NO reason for someone of that level to be in Azteca. Yes, they have paid for a sub, but so have the people who are trying to quest in those worlds only to have their battles disrupted by someone bringing in another enemy who they are not equipped to fight.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
Wizgamer105 on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
Hey, my friend tells me to teleport to him and i am at least 30 levels below him.
Probably 40 levels and it is always me who knocks out the dude while he blades himself.

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
The spell would be a double edged sword because while it would keep people out there might be a time you have to call for help and no one could get in I actually joined a battle once when someone asked for help as it turns out they were out of mana and were down to only 0 pip spells they would have been defeated if I couldn't join the battle

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
Yes, but it will never happen. It's on my wish list with the spell that makes strangers who beg for crown gifts or ask if I "need a girl" burst into flames.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Hannah Lifebringer on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
I still believe the battle lock is not a way to solve this issue.

Yes, Low Levels in the Higher Level worlds can be a problem. That is the reason why I think they should put a level restriction on some of those worlds. For example: Only Level 40 and above can port to Celestia unless they have unlocked that world, and Level 50 to Zafaria, etc.

I have had Level 20's join my fights in Azteca. When that happens, I do not even try to help or heal them. They are on their own. There is NO reason for someone of that level to be in Azteca. Yes, they have paid for a sub, but so have the people who are trying to quest in those worlds only to have their battles disrupted by someone bringing in another enemy who they are not equipped to fight.
I also think this would work, though the biggest issue I see with low levels, is in Azteca. Level restrictions in Celestia and up is highly arguable, but a level restriction in Azteca, where the bosses are double the health of Avalon bosses, is not.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
MadisonWinterHorn on Sep 12, 2013 wrote:
Hey, my friend tells me to teleport to him and i am at least 30 levels below him.
Probably 40 levels and it is always me who knocks out the dude while he blades himself.
I acknowledge the rare exception of low level usefulness (I did help friends that were higher levels than me when I was a lower level). It is for sure Azteca, where the problem is the highest. Even if you have that friend that is level 60 or 50 that listens to what you say, I have no doubt, that that friend will get ported to by an even lower level, that does not understand what a one hit kill is... kraken .

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

Fred Nightbreath, lvl 48
what if it's like a minion?
when the person leaves, the spell effect disappears?

i could get behind that.

-v.
promethean

Explorer
Jun 08, 2012

Fred Nightbreath, lvl 48
Well it depends because I seen a lot of life people that really wanna be a different school, they put on different school gear and mastery amulets. I seen this life once that didn't even have any healing or life spells in, but just storm spells and gear.