Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fire's new avalon spells

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
Ok to start off I feel fire has gotten a lot weaker in PvP since their two new spells from Avalon. Backdraft takes all your pips away and gives an extra 15% fire damage per pip and double that per power pip, and it's in the form of a trap. Use that in PvP and your enemy could simply use cleanse ward to get rid of that. So i'd say backdraft is more of a PvE spell. Then fire has gotten detonate. 4 pips, 75 accuracy, and all it does is take a damage over time spell and has it do its max damage, then its gone so you don't have to wait for it to do its max damage. In my opinion its USELESS for both PvP and PvE. If you were to compare detonate to the 4 pip and 100% percent accuracy shift spell well detonate is a lot weaker. Shift, which takes a damage over time spell and shifts it to an opponent of your choice, not only save's a wizard from taking additional damage but has an opponent of your choice suffer from it. I feel detonate should either cost 0 pips, have 100% accuracy, and have the same effect as the normal one. Or it should cost 4 pips, have 100% accuracy and take a DOT and has its next round of damage do double the damage.

What do you guys think?

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
stormninja542 on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
Ok to start off I feel fire has gotten a lot weaker in PvP since their two new spells from Avalon. Backdraft takes all your pips away and gives an extra 15% fire damage per pip and double that per power pip, and it's in the form of a trap. Use that in PvP and your enemy could simply use cleanse ward to get rid of that. So i'd say backdraft is more of a PvE spell. Then fire has gotten detonate. 4 pips, 75 accuracy, and all it does is take a damage over time spell and has it do its max damage, then its gone so you don't have to wait for it to do its max damage. In my opinion its USELESS for both PvP and PvE. If you were to compare detonate to the 4 pip and 100% percent accuracy shift spell well detonate is a lot weaker. Shift, which takes a damage over time spell and shifts it to an opponent of your choice, not only save's a wizard from taking additional damage but has an opponent of your choice suffer from it. I feel detonate should either cost 0 pips, have 100% accuracy, and have the same effect as the normal one. Or it should cost 4 pips, have 100% accuracy and take a DOT and has its next round of damage do double the damage.

What do you guys think?
I agree, backdraft is basically a PvE spell (unless it is 2v2 or something). And true, detonate may be more harm than helpful, but it prevents the person from using shift, triage, or mass triage to remove the DOT. I remember when I got my Avalon spells, pretty long ago. Balance Avalon spells have really sparked controversy on how powerful it is. I generally rate balance as one of the weakest schools, no DOT, weak blades, no prism against balance bosses, and just plain old, weak compared to other school spells. So I was happy with this.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
There's a tc that lowers the cost of any spell by two pips. And I don't like detonate because what if it triggers then my enemy use gaurdian spirit then I won't have more damage over time ticks to hurt him/her.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I agree. I really think Detonate should just be removed completely and replaced with a new better spell instead, one we would actually use.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
Yea. Man it is very unfair, by the time u can cast detonate, your dot effect will likely have ended already.