Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting the pet Kraken

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
I am going to say this as respectfully as I can but it drives me CRAZY that there are quests for boss battles that do not let friends teleport to me! The quest that is driving me crazy this time is getting the pet kraken by defeating the Grendel, Thwalk. I am a proud to be diviner because we have good attacking spells and battles aren't that long. But I am a loser when there is a storm boss like Thwalk. Can someone please, please, please help me make a plan to defeat this Grendel and get the kraken? Thanks!

P.S. Professor Greyrose can you explain to me why friends cannot teleport to me in a no sigil boss? Thanks so much! I am sorry If I am complaining too much.

Nicholas Level 60 diviner

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Nick7312 on Jul 12, 2013 wrote:
I am going to say this as respectfully as I can but it drives me CRAZY that there are quests for boss battles that do not let friends teleport to me! The quest that is driving me crazy this time is getting the pet kraken by defeating the Grendel, Thwalk. I am a proud to be diviner because we have good attacking spells and battles aren't that long. But I am a loser when there is a storm boss like Thwalk. Can someone please, please, please help me make a plan to defeat this Grendel and get the kraken? Thanks!

P.S. Professor Greyrose can you explain to me why friends cannot teleport to me in a no sigil boss? Thanks so much! I am sorry If I am complaining too much.

Nicholas Level 60 diviner
This is a school-specific training quest; why would you expect to have help? No other school is able to have friends help them on their level 58 quests either.

You can plan by checking out his possible spells here. He does not cheat:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Creature:Thawlk

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
you may think this wrong and cheating or something bad like that but using a henchmen is allowed. they cost crowns only and make any fight easy as well... 1 2 3 ( witch is all you have to do pick 1, 2, 3, henchmen) they come up to lvl 90 most every school for each lvl (go by tens) though some dont have one for every lvl like one doesn't have a fire henchmen. its not cheating and is totally legit. made for hard battles or if you want to do a dungeon or quest on your own. i have done long dungeons alone like big ben with henchmen. took less than 20 min. sounds crazy yet true. get like 3 lvl 90 myth henchmen. (just click buy on them 3 times) and you will be done in a few min. remember crowns only! hope this helps! :)

-jack skullbreeze master of fire

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
hey i had the same problem. i am a level 56 and got a quest to fight this crazy strong storm boss (rank 10 with like 9,000 health) to get a new spell i didnt know and when i tried to call friends, all of them said i was busy. i did win eventually but died like 6 times. i owe everything to my mander minion. first he took 1,000 of the boss health and gave me life saving shelds 'cause boss can do triton and storm lord ( killed my mander) anyway, i won and got the spell......... availing hands. nice eh?
-tyler earthsword level 56 balance

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
Do you really want that Kraken pet then buy henchmen (if you have crowns) and let them help you if you dont get the pet Kraken then keep battling the boss again and again until you get it. That will also help you level up in the progress because you earn exp. while batting.
- Ethan Thorn LV. 25

Survivor
Mar 02, 2011
Have you tried prisms?

Monica Shadowshield lvl 20