Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

88 spells powerful?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 06, 2013
OK, these types maybe too tough, but what bout it only does 1,000 damage some other spells do that but like i said are powerful at level 88 try it do more then 1,0000 in 3 rounds now that no fair but....

GO SABER!

Historian
May 06, 2009
bren8403 on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:
OK, these types maybe too tough, but what bout it only does 1,000 damage some other spells do that but like i said are powerful at level 88 try it do more then 1,0000 in 3 rounds now that no fair but....

GO SABER!
Well,...
Lord of Winter (Ice's latest spell) only does 950-1050 Damage. Balance is ahead of that by 50 Damage points.

Life get's a stronger spell because overtime damage spells can do more damage at lower levels as they do not deal a whole lot of damage at once.
Avenging Fossil, Death's spell, will attack ONE enemy with 850-950 Damage and 250 Damage over 3 rounds to everyone

Storm is ... well Storm. ...'nuff said.

Myth has monster single hit spells.

Fire is just powerful like that.

I really wouldn't compare schools to everyone other school. Whatever one school get's, that's them. I prefer to stay in the lines of my school () and use the advantages we have to turn the tides to my side.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010

GO SABER!
With sharpen blade, traps and blades I have done around 7k damage with my Saber. Even without blades and traps you can still do good damage if you have attack boost. Don't get me wrong, I love my 88 spell, but I think it would've been a bit cooler with not only spiritual shields upon attack, but elemental as well.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
Well, speaking for death only, it is a powerful spell.
Of course it is a 10 pip powerful spell. And 10 pips can take a long time to get, if you even get them.
Since Avalon, all the crafted death gear gives zero power pip boost. You need that gear to block criticals.
For me, I am lucky if I actually get 10 pips. And by that time I have been hit so much I would need a drain anyways or I will die.
The spell animation is awesome, but who is going to wait for 5+ rounds to attack? And even that attack will not take out the boss or the minions. I would rather use Deer Knight (5 pips) and then scarecrow (7 pips) which will leave me full of life and the minions taken out.

Maybe my strategy using it isn't optimum, but to me it is simple:
Take out the most enemies as fast as you can. They all cast the same spells, so a minion is just as dangerous as a boss. Why wait to toss a huge spell that is NOT going to reduce the amount of enemies you face?
I would rather toss a low pip AoE, which will take out the minions if I critical, than a huge spell which does nothing for me strategically.

Survivor
May 06, 2013
I knew do that, i saying and sort of do same amount saber goes up to at least 1,050 so i saying are the ones that weak i going with as powerful then then others and but if you guys say my school cheats in pvp please tell me how it cheats

Explorer
Dec 30, 2009
Actually, you'd be very surprised to know how much game mechanics and mathematics goes into each and every individual spell. I promise you there is no biased within any of the schools. All are equally difficult. For example, there are pvp warlords in every school, thus proving not one is more dominant over the other. It depends on your technique.(;

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
i cant figure out how to post a thread so ill comment on this one (it does have to do with balances spell) so every other school besides faces a boss for their spell and their boss is not their school. as of having to also face a boss it is our own school which isnt easy on us but its been like this for a long time so no changing it now. so in the next world the schools should have a boss of their school while has one of a different school...itd be fair

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
dragon123456941 on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
i cant figure out how to post a thread so ill comment on this one (it does have to do with balances spell) so every other school besides faces a boss for their spell and their boss is not their school. as of having to also face a boss it is our own school which isnt easy on us but its been like this for a long time so no changing it now. so in the next world the schools should have a boss of their school while has one of a different school...itd be fair
Not getting how it would be fair balance got there own school because they can handle it.

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
pods1973 on Jul 1, 2013 wrote:
Well, speaking for death only, it is a powerful spell.
Of course it is a 10 pip powerful spell. And 10 pips can take a long time to get, if you even get them.
Since Avalon, all the crafted death gear gives zero power pip boost. You need that gear to block criticals.
For me, I am lucky if I actually get 10 pips. And by that time I have been hit so much I would need a drain anyways or I will die.
The spell animation is awesome, but who is going to wait for 5+ rounds to attack? And even that attack will not take out the boss or the minions. I would rather use Deer Knight (5 pips) and then scarecrow (7 pips) which will leave me full of life and the minions taken out.

Maybe my strategy using it isn't optimum, but to me it is simple:
Take out the most enemies as fast as you can. They all cast the same spells, so a minion is just as dangerous as a boss. Why wait to toss a huge spell that is NOT going to reduce the amount of enemies you face?
I would rather toss a low pip AoE, which will take out the minions if I critical, than a huge spell which does nothing for me strategically.
I'm life, and I always like to take out the minion with a spinysaur and lifeblades, 1 sharpened and 1 unsharpened. Then I take out the boss with another, with spirit blades, lifeblades, and a feint or two. This works great for me (though I share your complaints about lack of power pip chance- its so annoying)

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
dragon123456941 on Jul 8, 2013 wrote:
I agree with you. I'm , and I love bosses. I bought a separate set of gear from the bazaar for life enemies that gets me 72% resist, and, like all schools other than , I have a prism to get past my own schools resists. Balance doesn't have a prism, and because damage boost is pretty much all they can get from gear thats decent in more than damage, hydra and chimera dont get much boost, so beating bosses is really hard for wizards.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2013

GO SABER!
Well, you know there is a balance spell named Ra. It does 625-705 damage to all enemy's. If you ask me, that's pretty powerful.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

GO SABER!
Spells are not suppose to do the same amount of damage from one school to the next. KI took a lot of the mechanics and fashioned the after different aspects of life or myth.

When you look at the damages done by Fire, Storm or Ice in real life, you certainly won't find they each do the same amount of damage. They can range anywhere from minor to a major disaster, but never identical.

Spirit schools are even more different. Life's basis is to heal but can damage in the game. Death, just sucks the life awaly so to speak. Myth is just that, Myth. Balance is supposed to be of ALL schools.

Even though Balance can't without an amulet use a secondary spell, some of their spells are combined as a school specific spell allowing them to do damage with fire, ice, storm, life, death and myth. In my opinon, spells are not the biggest issue a Balance wizard reallly has. The fact that our blades which (don't get me wrong here, I still like them) are universal and lower % boost to damage than other schools, we can't boost our actual Balance spells such as Ra, Judge, Sandstorm, Nova, Power Nova, and swarm the way other schools can. We also don't have Shields against those same spells. The only options are to carry Tower shields in the sideboard or train ice to tower. Better than none but still not 80% as all other have

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jun 30, 2013 wrote:
Well,...
Lord of Winter (Ice's latest spell) only does 950-1050 Damage. Balance is ahead of that by 50 Damage points.

Life get's a stronger spell because overtime damage spells can do more damage at lower levels as they do not deal a whole lot of damage at once.
Avenging Fossil, Death's spell, will attack ONE enemy with 850-950 Damage and 250 Damage over 3 rounds to everyone

Storm is ... well Storm. ...'nuff said.

Myth has monster single hit spells.

Fire is just powerful like that.

I really wouldn't compare schools to everyone other school. Whatever one school get's, that's them. I prefer to stay in the lines of my school () and use the advantages we have to turn the tides to my side.
Well,

Lord of Winter has lose three pips dude! And high damage

Yea, at least life finally gets a damage over time, has none.

Death gets 250 to all enemies and damage over time ...

Yep

Exactly

LOL

I think he is trying to express his opinions that many people think balance is over powered but it is not! He wants to show that balance is probably the opposite of OP.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2012
Wizgamer105 on Jul 13, 2013 wrote:
Well,

Lord of Winter has lose three pips dude! And high damage

Yea, at least life finally gets a damage over time, has none.

Death gets 250 to all enemies and damage over time ...

Yep

Exactly

LOL

I think he is trying to express his opinions that many people think balance is over powered but it is not! He wants to show that balance is probably the opposite of OP.
Balance is NOT UNDER POWERED!!! As another Wizard pointed out, Ra has the potential to do 700 damage to every enemy, and if you`ve never seen a feinted, critical 14-pip Judgement , you`ve never seen damage. Also, if you have seen that, than A: You hate the idea of a school that can be super powerful with the correct strategy and mindset, in which case you shouldn`t be playing W101, B: You got spaghettified by a Balance in PvP, or C: You have a need to insult the school that you decided not to have on your 6-wizard roster. Currently, I have the stats, deck, and flexibility to function well as support, hammer, healer, or tank.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
DominoDog222 on Aug 5, 2013 wrote:
Balance is NOT UNDER POWERED!!! As another Wizard pointed out, Ra has the potential to do 700 damage to every enemy, and if you`ve never seen a feinted, critical 14-pip Judgement , you`ve never seen damage. Also, if you have seen that, than A: You hate the idea of a school that can be super powerful with the correct strategy and mindset, in which case you shouldn`t be playing W101, B: You got spaghettified by a Balance in PvP, or C: You have a need to insult the school that you decided not to have on your 6-wizard roster. Currently, I have the stats, deck, and flexibility to function well as support, hammer, healer, or tank.
I am comparing balance to other schools! In fact I do over 1000 Damage with ra, just with enchant and no blades. I have hit over 20 000 with Sabertooth, while soloing bosses. Then we look at a storm and you finally compare all these things, listen DominoDog222, Sabertooth hits 1000-1100 and Storm Owl hits 1525-1625, that is stronger. You might say balance has all these talents and strengths but sometimes you have to look it at beside other schools and realize some things. I do have a promethean balance and love the school.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
Also, when did I insult balance that is completely false and wrong of you. I did not even state that balance is op, just vaguely implied, then you wrote a hate post trying to put words in my mouth! That is not right. I looked back and it seemed I said "He wants to show that Balance is probably the opposite of OP" It maybe true that in my previous post I responded to what you wrongfully accuse me of, but when I look back you are just lying about what I said.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2012
Well, each school has there own strengths and weaknesses, is pretty powerful, at lvl 38 you have the ability to make opponents fizzle is just completely OP has the ability to hit then heal at the same time wizards have ALLOT of health and they can shield a bit more then the other schools can, as we all know it heals is a school that deals damage then stuns their opponent ( take medusa and basilisk as an example ) and last but not least is a school that has the ability to weaken the opponent and deal a reasonable amount of damage

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
In my last post I said I did not even state that balance is op, I meant to say NOT OP.

Also since when is saying something is not OP rude and insulting? How?

And now that I think of it if I lost to a balance in pvp why would I call them OP, so you want me to say balance is so op and needs a nerf, eh? Would that be more complementing?

I do have a promethean balance, said once again and it is one of my TWO only wizards.

Still can't get over how you wrongfully assume everything from nothing. For the third time don't put words in my mouth that was so rude and to rant about stuff I had never said is even more rude.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2012
Wizgamer105 on Aug 15, 2013 wrote:
I am comparing balance to other schools! In fact I do over 1000 Damage with ra, just with enchant and no blades. I have hit over 20 000 with Sabertooth, while soloing bosses. Then we look at a storm and you finally compare all these things, listen DominoDog222, Sabertooth hits 1000-1100 and Storm Owl hits 1525-1625, that is stronger. You might say balance has all these talents and strengths but sometimes you have to look it at beside other schools and realize some things. I do have a promethean balance and love the school.
Judgement is still the best single target, non DoT spell in the game, if you multiply accuracy by damage. I DO look at comparatively against other schools, and Balance is better than you are inferring. We come in 2nd place for health, healing, and accuracy, though some say our accuracy better than Life`s, as well as first for unbuffed accuracy x damage, non-DoT, AoE, and annoying spammed PvE spell (Cough) Weakness (Cough), and in my opinion, awesomeness. I do look at all schools and spells critically, so don`t be a jerk.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
DominoDog222 on Aug 19, 2013 wrote:
Judgement is still the best single target, non DoT spell in the game, if you multiply accuracy by damage. I DO look at comparatively against other schools, and Balance is better than you are inferring. We come in 2nd place for health, healing, and accuracy, though some say our accuracy better than Life`s, as well as first for unbuffed accuracy x damage, non-DoT, AoE, and annoying spammed PvE spell (Cough) Weakness (Cough), and in my opinion, awesomeness. I do look at all schools and spells critically, so don`t be a jerk.
I love judgement, and never argued on that. When I implied balance was under powered I was thinking of balance and what we go through in pvp. No DoT, can't wand off a tower shield without losing your blades that you have on, having the least powerful blades that can't wand off towers with, and much more. For our accuracy, it is fine, but some spells have obviously a higher chance to fizzle like supernova. Storm can easily acquire good gear to make them not fizzle while sacrificing a number of damage points, which won't make their spells any less stronger. When you rank schools, I do believe that is opinions and not facts, as I would say the 2nd place school for healing is death. How was I being a jerk? Tell me how was I being a jerk? By having different opinions? Don't rudely call people jerks and tell them not to be them.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
It's not the individual characteristics of the various spells. It's more in how you use them to your advantage. I'm Balance and I love it. Battles become like a game of cat and mouse, countering the opponents spells, blades and traps while building pips for the Super Hit. Balance also has the advantage of it's own healing spells, so you don't have to worry so much about taking a little initial damage, unless of course someone joins your fight just as you're about to cast a killing spell, draws in another foe with you on point to take the damage, while they heal and shield themselves. That's annoying! Anyways, have fun :), that's what it's all about.

Explorer
Dec 16, 2012
Wizgamer105 on Aug 19, 2013 wrote:
I love judgement, and never argued on that. When I implied balance was under powered I was thinking of balance and what we go through in pvp. No DoT, can't wand off a tower shield without losing your blades that you have on, having the least powerful blades that can't wand off towers with, and much more. For our accuracy, it is fine, but some spells have obviously a higher chance to fizzle like supernova. Storm can easily acquire good gear to make them not fizzle while sacrificing a number of damage points, which won't make their spells any less stronger. When you rank schools, I do believe that is opinions and not facts, as I would say the 2nd place school for healing is death. How was I being a jerk? Tell me how was I being a jerk? By having different opinions? Don't rudely call people jerks and tell them not to be them.
I didn`t imply that you said anything bad about Judgement. Also,I meant DoT as in "Judgement is the best non-AoE or DoT damage spell".I wasn`t being rude, I was stating my opinion. Also, Death and Balance are, in my opinion, about tied for healing. And this whole time, I`ve been talking about PvE, not PvE.