Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 6-28-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
We've gone through all the days again, and we've returned to Friday, so let's chat!

We've finally come to part 7 of 7, and this week, it's all about Myth. (Next week, we'll move back to the random topics)

Myth Wizards: Should Myth get some sort of "double tap" trap (or something similar) for those two hit spells?

Have a fantastic Friday, and a fabulous weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
Apr 28, 2013
No just plain no. Myth is already strong enough

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
Now, I'm not a Myth wiz but I think I can still comment?

I think Myth should because if you want to do a huge hit say, with orthrus - it's only going to come from blades unless you put more than one trap or feint on or whatever because the small attack takes up all of the major damage (from what I've seen). I think that instead of some sort of "double trap", the traps used for the smaller hit should also directly apply to the stronger one otherwise it's sort of at a disadvantage. Although I think the second attack should still be able to evade a shield (if there were any).

Survivor
Apr 28, 2013
what i think is that since the spells is really powerful the double taps will make spells even more powerful. though i am in the school of i still think that double taps will make spells powerful. then i would get more spells added to my deck.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
YES omg. I've brought up that idea so many times. 2 traps that are both 20% each. Like how Fire has fuel for those overtime spells right? Well 2 trap spells would be great for Myth too. I love this idea and I would love for it to be in the game.
Lvl 90 Myth, Dylan Nightblade

Survivor
Dec 23, 2010
I, though I don't really have a at the moment, would say that that is a great idea. this way the stronger part of the spell will be boosted to, which is much better than having to trap twice if you ask me

Explorer
May 17, 2010
I think it makes sense that myth should get double trap, but while you're at it how about some double and triple shields for the rest of us (i.e. something like triple 30% tower shields). Maybe it could be a sun school card that instead of making it a stronger shield it makes it apply 2 or even 3 of them. For example the sun card 'duplicity' could be 'double the number of shields w/ a shield value of -10%'. In this case 1 normal tower becomes 2 40% towers or an elemental shield would make 2 of each fire, storm, and ice each at 40%. Alternatively a sun card 'triplicates' could be 'triple the number of shields w/ a shield value -20%'. So In this case a normal tower becomes 3 30% tower shields.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
This seems like a great idea. But with Shatter in the mix, this might make Myth even more devastating in PvP. On the flip side, fire has a triple trap spell, and storm has a trap all monsters spell. So it's certainly within the realm of existing spells to add a feature like this.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
Uh, sure why not. I usually just throw the first hit past the shield by using a myth prism.

Sorry if i seem detached, i'm sort of upset about the fact that myth hasn't gotten a new AOE spell since the game was first released.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Professor Falmea on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
We've gone through all the days again, and we've returned to Friday, so let's chat!

We've finally come to part 7 of 7, and this week, it's all about Myth. (Next week, we'll move back to the random topics)

Myth Wizards: Should Myth get some sort of "double tap" trap (or something similar) for those two hit spells?

Have a fantastic Friday, and a fabulous weekend!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I like the idea, I never thought of it, yes they should like how fire gets fuel for their DOT spells like heckhound.

Adam Winteringer Level 90 Thaumaturge One in a Million

Wolf Strongbright Level 88 Theurge Hero of Avalon

Luke Dragonblood Level 45 Sorcerer Hero of Marleybone

Angel Level 30 Pyromancer Master Diplomat

Talon Level 19 Necromancer Savior of Wizard City

Valdus Level 15 Conjurer Wizard City Explorer

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
While I'm not a myth wizard, let me say this. Fire has Fuel, which is a 2 pip/3 trap spell. If Myth were to get this, it would be fair for it to be a 1 pip/2 trap spell. That being said, I also think that if myth gets this type of boost, it should get a trap combo that would boost the first hit with a higher percentage than the second since the second is a much more powerful hit. I'm gonna steal the concept of Feint and tweak it: 70% to first hit, 30% to second hit. What this would do is:

Minotaur:
50 dmg + 445 dmg (regular)
85 dmg + 578 dmg (boosted)

Orthus:
50 dmg + 650 dmg (regular)
85 dmg + 845 dmg (boosted)

But I have to ask, for 2 spells is it really worth it? Wouldn't it just be better, due to the extremely low quantity of these cards to just combine the attacks into one attack? I know, the first hit is EXCELLENT for clearing a shield and then hammering down a large attack, and I can't argue with that. perhaps give myth a new spell that is a blade of sorts that combines both attacks and gives a small boost to the overall attack. Just some thoughts.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2011
That's honestly hard to say seeing as how the only "double tap" spells are minotaur and orthurus I believe. If the next spell is a double hit then I would say yes.Or have it so people can obtain the trap at around lvl 30 so it helps up until the even higher levels.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2011
I've no idea what Double Tap is, but yes, they should. They're all minions and stuff, why not add some more traps?

Survivor
Jan 30, 2013
YES! I totally think we should get double tap traps for our double hitting spells! I am always annoyed when I am battling something in Zafaria, and I want to own It with a Orthrus, I always have to go past two rounds to get my traps on. This is a great idea!

Jasmine Wildblood -- Lvl 67 Myth Wizard (Or is it Witch?) !

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Only if other schools get a double myth shield. :)

In short, no.

One way you could get around the problem of traps and tandem spells, is to have more of myth's other spells drop a trap in addition to their regular damage, like yellow troll does. So you have standard traps dropping with a wide variety of hits. That way you have more traps overall, so your tandems get boosted for each phase. Maybe even a tandem that drops a trap - a Fatemark Minotaur, or a Thrice-biting Orthrus, or something of that sort.

This would add value to myth as a damage school rather than a combat tricksy weak school.

The only caveat is the "value-added" hits would have to be trainable, because nobody is going to side in tc yellow troll when they could just turtle and medusa.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
They should get the ability to summon 2 minions,instead of one like other wizard classes.

Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
Yes it would be a really cool add on and make orthrus, minotaur, and maybe a future myth spell o. o more preferred with high lvl myth players. However, this could turn out to be just another 2 traps (potent trap) for the Celestial Calendar shatter combo, so I think the first trap should be significantly weaker than the second one to stop this from happening. It's kind of like fire wizards using fuel to buff up efreet when the spell was intended for DoT spells. so maybe make the trap buff 10% the first hit and 35% the second time or something along those lines

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Yes. Fire has fuel for their DoT spells. This would be no different.

To the ones saying this would make myth too powerful, I have to ask--do you have a myth wizard? Or are you basing your opinions on facing them in PvP. If is the later, then you really should try playing a myth in PvE. After cyclops, myth doesn't get another single hit until medusa. A double trap would help tremendously in PvE.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
I do not think that myth needs a double trap. It can boost up plenty with blades. What it really needs is a 2 hit spell that hits all enemies. It has the weakest all enemy spells in base damage of any school. This makes questing very hard solo, and in pvp, the main use of myth in 4v4 is earthquake spam, which can easily be done by someone with a myth mastery and treasure card and normal earthquakes.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
ya we need a double trap for the double hit spells. or save the trap for the big part of the hit

Survivor
Nov 13, 2008
YES.
Yes yes YES.
People need to stop thinking about PvP. This game is centered around PvE, guys, and right now Myth is the worst school at fighting monsters. It's got lackluster health, okay damage and decent accuracy. Minions aren't as helpful later on, and their most damaging AoE spell is Humongofrog. Their biggest specialty is breaking shields and stunning, but enemies don't even use shields anymore, and most bosses are stun immune, once you've made it into Celestia. Not to mention double hit spells are just a pain to use with traps.
They deserve a two-trap spell, absolutely.

Andrew FireCoin, 82
Andrew ThunderStalker, 74
Flint BattleHammer, 49
Andrew DuskRunner, 30
Andrew IceHammer, 11

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Myth God90 on Jun 28, 2013 wrote:
YES omg. I've brought up that idea so many times. 2 traps that are both 20% each. Like how Fire has fuel for those overtime spells right? Well 2 trap spells would be great for Myth too. I love this idea and I would love for it to be in the game.
Lvl 90 Myth, Dylan Nightblade
I think it could be a little to strong, but 20% double tap trap sounds like a reasonable spell.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Yes, yes, oh yes! A double-tap trap would be wonderful. Myth is lacking in many areas, including AOE's.

Please don't listen to any PvP naysayers. This game is about PvE, which is what the main focus of any spells or enhancements should be about. I love my Myth and it would be great to get a little more assistance with traps.

Survivor
May 30, 2009
I am not the highest of levels but honestly I think myth needs a double-tap trap. I mean think of it this way, would you rather risk two more rounds to try and get traps on a powerful enemy or would you rather spend one pip on a double trap spell that would not only make the spell more powerful but would also save time and maybe you and your friends life in the game? I mean come on this is a no brainer people! As for the percentage the trap would add I think it should be something where the traps are even so something along the lines of 35% + 35% or maybe not so even like 35% + 50% because if you think about it it is a multi-purpose trap so you could use a humongofrog and then a medusa! I mean think about it myth needs this because we lack the health of all the higher levels or lack the access to clothing that gives great health. Our main upside is being able to destroy shields and get high attack ratings!

Patrick MythThief

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
Save the best school for last!
As a player who currently has 6 Myth wizards, and all at very different stages in the game and still leaning about Myth,
I believe Myth would greatly benefit from a double tap trap for our AOE spells. Where as would be very helpful when getting farther into the game. My highest level Myth just turned level 56 so has long way to venture but certainly enjoying mixing up the blades and traps.