Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Craftable Spells

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Hello fellow crafters! I wanted to consult others for their opinion. I'm trying to craft the spell called Keeper of the Flame, and wondered if it was worth it. I mean, 12 Amber, 50 Sunstone, 10 Keeper of the Flame treasure cards, 200 Ghost Fire, 100 Golden Pearls, and 100 Ectoplasm is simply RIDICULOUS!!!!! Though i have to say the Amber can be obtained from several plants, which makes this a whole lot easier. Would you suggest I craft this? Words cannot express how much of a pain it will be but it seems worth it to me.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
I would not spend a ton of time on it. I'd play the game as you normally have been and over time see what reagents you have picked up and see what else you require. The spells are not that great and the amber will be some-what of a pain. Just one person's opinion though.

Explorer
Dec 01, 2012
Well, it is a permanent spell that would help you a lot in the spiral, so I do think it is worth it. But I think they should make at least a bit easier to craft because some people only have something like four Ghost Fires, and you can really only get them in the Bazaar and in fights and by doing quests. Then you have to spend about twenty thousand gold in order to get all of them, which sucks.

Brandon SoulThief
Lvl. 64 Legendary Nercomancer

Survivor
Jun 22, 2012
I'm having a hard time getting Amber any suggestions on acquiring more?

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
Brandon SoulThief on Jun 1, 2013 wrote:
Well, it is a permanent spell that would help you a lot in the spiral, so I do think it is worth it. But I think they should make at least a bit easier to craft because some people only have something like four Ghost Fires, and you can really only get them in the Bazaar and in fights and by doing quests. Then you have to spend about twenty thousand gold in order to get all of them, which sucks.

Brandon SoulThief
Lvl. 64 Legendary Nercomancer
Actually, you can buy Ghost Fire from the reagent vendor in Celestia.

Explorer
Apr 08, 2011
KaricSkyBlade on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:
The plants that I garden to get Amber are King Parsley, Red Bell Pepper, Red Huckleberries & White Tiger Lily.

Valerian DragonStalker
Promethean Sorcerer

Explorer
Nov 29, 2012
Spark of the land on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:
Actually, you can buy Ghost Fire from the reagent vendor in Celestia.
I'm actually pretty sure you can buy them from the reagent vendor in Mooshu too. That's for the lower level wizards who might want to craft the spells.

Mastermind
Feb 29, 2012
I am not sure about the other schools spells, but Death's spell (Deer Knight) is the most game changing spell I have come across as a death wizard.
Worth every headache of running two King Parsley gardens for months to get the amber.
See what other wizards are saying in your class and then decide if it is worth the headache.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
KaricSkyBlade on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:
You must step up your gardening several notches. A dozen King Parsley and a few peppers will take you into the next decade.

I started a garden of 10 King Parsley sometime February? When I finally realized it was going to take more than a couple plants I started expanding. By May I had over 100 KP, tending their needs religuously twice per day with all their "likes". I now have over 300 KP spread across 3 wizards. Each garden plot has a comfortable to maintain 56 plants. Each garden is at a seperate house and I maintain them on a rotating schedule per wizard. To learn gardening ideas google the internet. My last 160 elder harvests I collected 5 amber.

I chose to grow KP because its readily available, always drops a seed at elder harvest, and as it grows often drops additional seeds. This allows you to expand your gardens fairly quickly. The bad thing about KP is it has a very slow growth rate (Base 24 days from seed to elder harvest). Other plants may have better drop rates but I couldn't find any reliable quantitative stats.

Hope this helps, RottenHeart