Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Any gear suggestions?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
Hiya, I'm a level 72 Sorceress, having just reached Avalon yesterday, and already my gear isn't cutting it. I think my robe is okay, but I'm not certain . My current gear:

Hat: Hood of Judgement
Robe: Unbroken Spiral Robe
Boots: Pads of the Proud Jaguar (level 60)
Wand: Glinting Dragon Lance (level 60)
Athame: The Old Tusk Tusk Trunk
Amulet: Berserker's Rage Pendant
Ring: Bannerman's Honorbound Ring
Deck: Hand-Chased Box of Destiny

I'm still trying to figure out some decent gear, but I'm failing. I'm looking to improve power pip chance, critical, critical block, and accuracy. I seem to die in so many battles, and my friends aren't on often, so I don't get much help anymore.

If anyone can offer some assistance in figuring out some decent Balance gear, for a level 72, I'd be pretty happy, because Avalon is proving to be a fun challenge that I don't happen to be good at mastering. So, if you know of any good gear, let me know please?

Emma Stormshade, Transcended Sorceress

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
Tyler Legendfriend on Jun 3, 2013 wrote:
Might want a new wand but that's pretty good
Ok, thanks for the advice. I got the Avalonian Death bow, and so far it's useful!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on May 25, 2013 wrote:
Hiya, I'm a level 72 Sorceress, having just reached Avalon yesterday, and already my gear isn't cutting it. I think my robe is okay, but I'm not certain . My current gear:

Robe: Unbroken Spiral Robe
Boots: Pads of the Proud Jaguar (level 60)
Wand: Glinting Dragon Lance (level 60)
Athame: The Old Tusk Tusk Trunk
Amulet: Berserker's Rage Pendant
Ring: Bannerman's Honorbound Ring
Deck: Hand-Chased Box of Destiny

I'm still trying to figure out some decent gear, but I'm failing. I'm looking to improve power pip chance, critical, critical block, and accuracy. I seem to die in so many battles, and my friends aren't on often, so I don't get much help anymore.

If anyone can offer some assistance in figuring out some decent Balance gear, for a level 72, I'd be pretty happy, because Avalon is proving to be a fun challenge that I don't happen to be good at mastering. So, if you know of any good gear, let me know please?

Emma Stormshade, Transcended Sorceress
Not bad, but here's what I have~

Robe: Cape of Judgement
Boots: Boots of Judgement OR Greenwarden's energetic boots (from some hoard pack I bought once)
Wand: Winter Palace Spikeleaf Sword (level 90+, also from some pack), but I change wands frequently;
Athame: Golden Razor Beak (Azteca crafted)
Amulet: Great Wild Wood pendant (drop in Dun Dara/Ghost Avalon)
Ring: Nameless Ring (level 76+, drop in Dun Dara)
Deck: Calendar of the Spiral King (83+, Azteca drop)

I've pretty much had the same gear since level 60, with a few exceptions:

Wand: Staff of the Wildgrave or Dawnfrost Blade (level 72+);
Athame: Olyphant's storied scimitar (Zafaria crafted);
Amulet: Witch's star/Valkyrie's star necklace (both give an extra blade)
Deck: same as yours.

Your pet is an important piece of the puzzle as well. Try for any 5 of the following talents:

-fairy
-sprite
-sharp shot
-add balance
-balance it
-pain giver
-spell proof
-spell defy
-may cast balanceblade

mine has fairy, sprite, proof, sharp shot, and add balance; hatching is random and can take a lot of work, but i'd be happy to help you try for a good pet :)

gotta run to work now, maybe see you in the spiral!

-von
Laura Shadowsong, promethean and
-Dr von Awesomestein the Undying, Esquire

Survivor
Feb 29, 2012
Dr Von on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
Not bad, but here's what I have~

Robe: Cape of Judgement
Boots: Boots of Judgement OR Greenwarden's energetic boots (from some hoard pack I bought once)
Wand: Winter Palace Spikeleaf Sword (level 90+, also from some pack), but I change wands frequently;
Athame: Golden Razor Beak (Azteca crafted)
Amulet: Great Wild Wood pendant (drop in Dun Dara/Ghost Avalon)
Ring: Nameless Ring (level 76+, drop in Dun Dara)
Deck: Calendar of the Spiral King (83+, Azteca drop)

I've pretty much had the same gear since level 60, with a few exceptions:

Wand: Staff of the Wildgrave or Dawnfrost Blade (level 72+);
Athame: Olyphant's storied scimitar (Zafaria crafted);
Amulet: Witch's star/Valkyrie's star necklace (both give an extra blade)
Deck: same as yours.

Your pet is an important piece of the puzzle as well. Try for any 5 of the following talents:

-fairy
-sprite
-sharp shot
-add balance
-balance it
-pain giver
-spell proof
-spell defy
-may cast balanceblade

mine has fairy, sprite, proof, sharp shot, and add balance; hatching is random and can take a lot of work, but i'd be happy to help you try for a good pet :)

gotta run to work now, maybe see you in the spiral!

-von
Laura Shadowsong, promethean and
-Dr von Awesomestein the Undying, Esquire
THANK. YOU.

Dr Von, you just helped me a lot. And yea, it is about time I start training up my hawk and polr cat lets some more. Simon is ok and all but with just sprite it's annoying.

I knew my athame, ring, and wand weren't the best, and I never was able to retrieve that waterworks gear.

Thanks to you I can properly update my gear. I'm a level 74 now though, so I can use some better stuff.

See you in the Spiral!

Emma Stormshade

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 14, 2013 wrote:
THANK. YOU.

Dr Von, you just helped me a lot. And yea, it is about time I start training up my hawk and polr cat lets some more. Simon is ok and all but with just sprite it's annoying.

I knew my athame, ring, and wand weren't the best, and I never was able to retrieve that waterworks gear.

Thanks to you I can properly update my gear. I'm a level 74 now though, so I can use some better stuff.

See you in the Spiral!

Emma Stormshade
Always happy to help! If you want to hatch with Fluffy (my pet therizinosaurus), you can send me a message on Central (I go by El Veeb in those parts~ my initials spelled out phonetically, nothing exciting, lol) and we'll make a plan to meet up in-game.

happy trails,
-v.

Delver
Oct 30, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
Ok, thanks for the advice. I got the Avalonian Death bow, and so far it's useful!
That's the bow my balance used when he was 73-80

Survivor
Sep 22, 2011
Hello " Tyler, My suggestion to you is go to water work and get all the set balance gears for a starter then you proceed towards the crafting gears in avalon that would be the best for you a new wizard.I'll be happy to help the rest of it if you can find me aka " brandon dragonhunter" Promethean sorcerer lvl 90 you'll me in tartarus most likely my friend looking forward seeing there good luck!