Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Questing after wizard city

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 30, 2013
Wizard city was a great experience while it lasted, quest were reasonable and gave decent experience. I'm at the point where i don't know where to quest. I've completed all the quest in wizard city and Krokotopia with the exception of team dungeons because wizard101 is more of a single player game(no one likes to team up). I've reached northguard and the quests here are beyond horrible. I'm getting the same experience from quest in this area as i got from being a low level running errands in wizard city!. Not only that, quests here are in favor of "drop quests" which very low odds of dropping. So basically I'm stuck killing tough enemies over and over again, waiting for my quest drop for low experience quest rewards. One such horrible quest is "bear behind bars". TOUGH enemies for my wizard with a ridiculous drop quest rate. I should note I'm a level 20 life wizard.

So my overall question, was the wizard city experience the best part of wizard101? Are all quests/rest of the game going to be like NorthGuard? Drop quest with poor odds of item dropping and low experience output? If not, is there a better place to quest then Northguard? I'm a life wizard so my killing power is also low and things are slow since this is a solo game. Any tips are appreciated.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
jjjlove90 on Apr 22, 2013 wrote:
Wizard city was a great experience while it lasted, quest were reasonable and gave decent experience. I'm at the point where i don't know where to quest. I've completed all the quest in wizard city and Krokotopia with the exception of team dungeons because wizard101 is more of a single player game(no one likes to team up). I've reached northguard and the quests here are beyond horrible. I'm getting the same experience from quest in this area as i got from being a low level running errands in wizard city!. Not only that, quests here are in favor of "drop quests" which very low odds of dropping. So basically I'm stuck killing tough enemies over and over again, waiting for my quest drop for low experience quest rewards. One such horrible quest is "bear behind bars". TOUGH enemies for my wizard with a ridiculous drop quest rate. I should note I'm a level 20 life wizard.

So my overall question, was the wizard city experience the best part of wizard101? Are all quests/rest of the game going to be like NorthGuard? Drop quest with poor odds of item dropping and low experience output? If not, is there a better place to quest then Northguard? I'm a life wizard so my killing power is also low and things are slow since this is a solo game. Any tips are appreciated.
IMO, no, Wizard City is hardly the best part. Move on, you'll see

FYI, this is NOT a solo game in any way.

Grizzleheim is optional and will not help you advance. If you have finished Krok, and that includes the dungeons which are easily handled solo, you should move on to Marleybone. (I have soloed pretty much everything through Celestia... with a few exceptions... it can be done.)

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
jjjlove90 on Apr 22, 2013 wrote:

If you have completed Krocatopia you should have access to MarleyBone.

Grizzlehiem is an optional world you can complete any time. Most wait till they are a higher level.

The game actually isn't meant to be soloed but for some of use it does turn out to that.

My first wizard was Life and I mainly soloed though Zafaria. I suggest you do all main and side quests to be a little above suggested level to give you an edge on tougher battles.

For me Wizard City was the best, I often make new wizards just to run though there for a break from the stress of the higher world requirements.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2013
I'm so sorry that this is troubling you! I would say, have faith in the game, because it gets so much cooler! :) Grizzleheim is a tough world. From what I can make of it, the whole world itself is kind of a side quest. As other players have suggested, I would definitely recommend going to Marleybone now. I would also recommend using your training points to get spells from a different school, perhaps Ice or Fire. Go to the professors in Ravenwood and you can pay 1 training point to get each spell in a "secondary" school. When I played this game a few years ago, they used to make you pay training points for all new spells that you trained for, including the ones in your own school -- but they have changed it now so that all the spells in the school you first chose are free, leaving you extra training points to get spells from another school.

Wysteria was actually my favorite world, and I would recommend doing as many of the Wysteria quests as you can once you get the world. A lot of it is "running errands" like Wizard City, and I probably gained 10 levels just from the Wysteria quests alone.

I would also say that it doesn't hurt to ask around for help in the game. I have actually met some really nice people who are now good friends of mine by doing this. Just go to the Commons or the Oasis and ask for help or ask someone if they want to team up. It's good to team up with people because, eventually, when you fight Malistaire, you're definitely going to need the help. Good luck!

Survivor
Jul 18, 2013
Ok so i have a problem as well... i have done triton avenue,cyclops lane, and firecat alley none of the side quests just the mains and i am lvl 12 and i wanna know where to go next ambrose has not given me a new quest yet so can you please help anyone i havent played because idk where to go!!!!!

P.S school rules also others do as well!!!!!!