Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

level 58 death spell quest, IMPOSSIBLE!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 23, 2009
ok, i know people got death dragon and beaten the quest, BUT! how are you supposed to do it solo without henchmen! Your death spells are really weak against the boss. it takes lots of rounds to cast your powerful secondary and tc spells. Boss starts with 4 POWERPIPS! 0_0 the boss will just cheat on you if you cast a ward on him! He has alot of health. HE has critical and he blocks your critical. he has a helper and you don't. Boss keeps getting powerpips. Sisterly! how are you suppose to do it without henchmen? The boss is overpowered! And even when i did buy henchmen, all of us died! That means i can't get my level 58 spells, so i'm stuck in Celestia. What i'm trying to say it: Kingisle, please make the boss much easier! (The boss in dragonspyer) Please KIngisle, please, make the boss much easier! Luck Ice Dust, level 59, (i got to this level cos i helped alot of my friends with quests so i got additional xp)

Survivor
Oct 11, 2008
Luke IceDust,

I am sure this question is better fit for a death wizard, but I will try my best. I know the quest for bone dragon is hard, as for all of the level fifty eight spells. However, I assure you they are ever bit of possible because I have done the storm one my self, and believe me when I say that it is hard. Now, on with my suggestions:

1. Treasure cards- Being a wizard of somewhat lower level, some nice bone dragon treasure cards and prisms should do the trick
2. Life Henchman- Since you have already bought one I assume you have some crowns, a level seventy plus life henchman will keep you well healed and do plenty of damage
3. Practice- Maybe you should spend some time practicing your spell combos

P.S- You should be prepared for the worlds to come, where bosses start with full power pips, have 15,000 health, and hit critical every time :) -Jack, 72 Storm wizard

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Defender
Dec 23, 2009
nope! i did try to kill him, BUT! here is another problem which i came across with:
my deck won't give me the right cards, so i have to discard them, otherwise i get killed super quickly. then however, they won't come back again! so, how can i kill it without henchmen? (i don't have crowns left)
Killing the boss without friends and henchmen is: IMPOSSIBLE! Plus! i lost my good treasure cards on him that costed me alot of money!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Mage Ranger on Feb 24, 2013 wrote:
nope! i did try to kill him, BUT! here is another problem which i came across with:
my deck won't give me the right cards, so i have to discard them, otherwise i get killed super quickly. then however, they won't come back again! so, how can i kill it without henchmen? (i don't have crowns left)
Killing the boss without friends and henchmen is: IMPOSSIBLE! Plus! i lost my good treasure cards on him that costed me alot of money!
It's not impossible or there wouldn't be tons of wizards running around with these spells/pets.
Use the tools given you; prisms, secondary school spells, etc. And you should have trained reshuffle; and add it to your spell deck. The spells that come up are random. Load only exactly what you will need in your deck. Don't waste space with cards you are going to discard anyway.
It took me a few tries to get my level 58 Ice spell, but I figured it out. You can too.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I am a first time death wizard (Lvl 83) and I can assure you that the level 58 spell quest should not be a significant challenge.

If it is a significant hurdle then you need to re-examine your spell deck, strategies, and gear. Using henchmen crown gear and treasure cards is absolutely NOT required. From your post I suspect you have gotten this far by questing with friends & family, and apparently you are quite familiar with henchmen. Its time for you to change your battle methods and become a strong wizard. Death wizards are fantastic in solo activities, and can easily be the primary offensive killing machine in a team. Time to stop relying on others and become a "Master of Death!".

I recommend practicing solo on some side quests. Try out different spells and strategies. This will increase your skills, gain some gold, and maybe increase your level too. And stop using henchmen! Then return and the quest will be easy-peasy.

Happy Wizarding and all the best luck!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Here is a guide that will give you the general idea of how to get this fight done.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?129318-Death-level-58-Quest-amp-Tips-Guide

Survivor
Mar 16, 2009
I was going crazy myself trying to beat that boss on my Death wizard mat. It took me 10 attempts to beat him. But it IS possible to do. When you have enough gold built up again try buying heal TC's and some life spell TC's I don't remember exactly HOW I finally beat him because it was months ago, but I do remember I also got lucky at the tail end of it when he went to cast a spell on me and fizzled, which left me my chance to cast the spell I had at the ready and finished him. So don't get discouraged mat you'll beat him just keep at it!

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Do you know what a convert is?

Survivor
Jul 19, 2012
i made my lvl 58 myth spell quest in one try and the boss has over 10000 health with a cl minion that has 1500 minion that gets power pips like the boss without henchmen i just bought a lot of medusa tc xd and done i got medusa. Since i have a death too i will say to kill the minion first so you can 1v1 the boss then wraith constantly the boss with prism feint death blade and you done.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2010
Ya i had the same problem getting my efreet but i got help from my friend idk how he got in there because it supposed to be solo anyways thats how i got mine i had to used a efreet tc eventually it hit over a million with all blades and traps and wyldfire but didnt die my friend though casted orthrus and then he died

Survivor
Oct 22, 2011
I beat this boss on my first try, but it DOES require a degree of luck.
Here's what I have to say:

1. Use your death convert (death prism as the card says). It will help greatly. Try putting in as many as you can.
2. Get gear and a wand that gives you a fair amount of block and damage boost. I recommend the level 54 (or was it 56) ice wand for a wand that gives block (+36 block points).
3. Take out the minion first. This will reduce the amount of attackers.
4. Load up drains and avoid using poison.
5. If you lose, don't despair, there's next time!

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
Mage Ranger on Feb 21, 2013 wrote:
ok, i know people got death dragon and beaten the quest, BUT! how are you supposed to do it solo without henchmen! Your death spells are really weak against the boss. it takes lots of rounds to cast your powerful secondary and tc spells. Boss starts with 4 POWERPIPS! 0_0 the boss will just cheat on you if you cast a ward on him! He has alot of health. HE has critical and he blocks your critical. he has a helper and you don't. Boss keeps getting powerpips. Sisterly! how are you suppose to do it without henchmen? The boss is overpowered! And even when i did buy henchmen, all of us died! That means i can't get my level 58 spells, so i'm stuck in Celestia. What i'm trying to say it: Kingisle, please make the boss much easier! (The boss in dragonspyer) Please KIngisle, please, make the boss much easier! Luck Ice Dust, level 59, (i got to this level cos i helped alot of my friends with quests so i got additional xp)
i use extra crown if only left under (99-0) crown use smaller henchman (they can beat it) put as

(your first) buy life,storm,fire (they attack on your early spell) so, stack up blade while attack (mostly be smalliest life hench help mostly for everything (level 40) got 40 crown (help me get boss once to get mine next spell in the boss battle in (Avalon-Wild) BUT extremely close match

(0 crown) by minion or use pet with good stat (like double resist and spiritly and unicorn and also farly) Minion would pick myth (others way might work have wand or gear use polymorph (they have high critical)

that all i got

Justin (Ice Wizard) Promotheon level 90

ps. use your convert before stacking up trap and blade and help you boost you attack from different school
so, less resist

not hard to figure out convert (didn't know about convert before) but good thing know before to harder bosses

Defender
May 03, 2009
I'm a lvl 90 Necromancer and I still think this was the hardest quest. I had no crowns then so I could not buy minions and I think I tried over 10 times (wow) but this one time I came in thinking "Maybe I'll get it this time." But I knew I woulnd't. I death bladed and wraithed and cursed and prismed and before I knew it the boss was half-way dead! I killed him in the end and was like lvl 70 already so I was pretty happy that I FINALLY got it. So just pack lots of wraiths and deathblades and prisms and curses. I don't remember excactly what I did but I knew that I had gone to the bazaar and bought the highest death resist robe, hat, and shoes. I think I used faint and spirit trap and spirit blade I can't remember. Pack heals and some Dr. Von's Monster tc or Skeletal Dragon tc.

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
Luke,
You can beat it. Idk what is in your deck but take some death prisms in and death prism tc, plus bring things that can heal you if your henchman dont supply automatically. Id say intstead of primarily life henchman, buy 1 storm, ice (but be aware they dont attack often), and life. I dont remember who all is in there but it just takes some power to take them down. If this is a concern, wait until you see dr von quest or avenging fossil. It becomes horrible even for henchman.

Hope this helps, Kane Deathbringer level 74 death

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
Strange,

I found all the spell quests a joke and way too easy. I suppose we have two different viewpoints and the earlier spells were before i was making insane pets with SPUD+Fairy etc. Death has it easy compared to other schools. Death can do all and solo all with the right deck, pet and gear. If your lacking in one area well its going to be harder.

Cheers,

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
yes the boss casts a free spell when you place a ward on him. You just have to live with that and use death prism anyway. cast them one at a time, when his counter spells won't get you killed.and use wraith.
a pet with guargantuan or giant, some sun school boost would be very nice. I forget if he responds to blades, (spirit blade on top of death blade would be good) if he does you just have to live with it. as long as you make sure you have a prism on him before you cast your wraiths you should be ok.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
Get the eclipse gear i know it looks funny

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
Hi There!

To do cheap version of killing that monster you will need deck that allows you to hold most copy of your spells. Don't need block rate just defend yourself.

First you go with defending yourself while he uses his pips in process pile up your pips ( you must have a lot death shields if you dont have block rate ).

Second you need to kill minion for that takes 2 Wraith if its 600 damage or higher ( put Death prism
a lot just in case ).

Third you use blades that means spirit blades, normal blades, use even tc blades and you can add some life Field spell tc if possible that can boost your heal much better. ( imagine a lot tc blades and then imagine its damage i think that way lol ).

Forth i know that some peoples dont like Math but its easy just remember your highest damage on convert and figure in head how much is enough to hit and to kill. ( i never use traps but i am not death wiz )

Fifth don't forget reshuffle spell cause that solo quest doesnt have limit on time that spell can save your life. Death wizards are based on hit and heal so that death monster does same in order to make him weak just put shields and make his hit/heal weak you will kill it in no time.

That is enough from me hehe i hope i helped little.

Michael BlueBright Myth Promethean Conjurer lvl 90

Happy Hunting Wish You All Best :)

Survivor
Sep 25, 2010
A Balanced Life on Feb 25, 2013 wrote:
Do you know what a convert is?
Convert is GIVE your more boost for others school (so, less resist) under what boss your face with!

example:

if your a ice and when vs ice and use your convert (ice have convert give them fire boost) ice ignore tower shield if have spell that over time damage

if your storm and when vs storm and use your convert (storm have convert give them myth boost) myth lot spell take alway by using earthquake (mostly all boost use earthquake) under what your school is (myth vs ice don't care about there stun (they will both pass) save up pips

if your fire and when vs fire and use your convert (fire have convert give them ice boost) they don't use them much because they are mostly master pass avalon (unless jabberlock) need ice wizard they have high resist of fire least 85% kill them mostly one shot (if high damage and high critical and high resist) fire wizard only use convert in pvp unless facing a dangerous ice wizard that is (Immunity) ice wizard Immunity storm and fire but not all 50% ice ARE NOT POWERFUL because at least 50% ice wizard might show in pvp (might be warn fire wizard) kill ice wizard to much (they will go hard on your for killing there immunity) know some ice wizard (they might have chance using immunity to all school) because ice wizard don't like all school they have wreaker attack (might be able get immunity for all school too!) they can't not get a immunity of storm and fire and ice wizard able have glitch getting immunity to all school about (165% resist) or glitch in ranking pvp by losing pvp without losing ranking pvp points.

if your myth and when vs myth (able use your convert because give your more storm boost) be warn that myth will got hard on storm wizard unless not myth but being not be easy casting spell vs myth when your myth but able be hits stronger damage with your earthquake when reach to AZTECA

if your life wizard and when vs life (able use your convert because give your more death boost) but be warn not be easy killing life wizard (don't have convert yet) remember heal because life have lot of healing spell but get more greater when in avalon (they get guardian spirit) so, that able able to do this: guardian spirit/ Target Regains 15% of their health after being defeated

if your death when vs death (able use your convert because give your more life boost) don't think going that easy when vs death they also draining spell (should stack up your trap after using convert) but should do that same even don't have convert (use your fient and death trap) it mostly very easy doing quest when are death wizard (if your lucky have death crafting spell) be Extremely Perfect aka as they also new azteca crafting spell too so, balance wizard your guys are lucky made on for you (new spell for azteca is (Winter Moon) that ice and (Savage Paw) it balance but in picture of might think it fire lot but see more clearly

no tips on balance when vs balance but more extremely harder for them when reach azteca! don't have convert

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
lol the ice one is alot harder I barely did it with only 48 life left so I used a minion you should try that but if they die summon another thats what I did 1st try and it worked Happy gaming.

Defender
May 29, 2009
There is a gear set you should get, or first do waterworks and use that gear.

Edit: so you get the wicked hat, forgot the name, the eclipse cloak, and the wicked walkers.

Explorer
Aug 23, 2012
If you have death shield trained, reset your deck to have blades, strong attacks, Death prisms, and any death shields. Also, put a few shields for the minions school.