Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do you think using the lvl 90 henchman

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2012
...when trying to defeat a difficult boss on your own is cheating?

I know it's a multiplayer game, but I have difficulty sometimes finding people to battle dungeon bosses with, so if I can't defeat him on my own I buy a henchman.

Do you think it's considered cheating?

Survivor
Apr 13, 2012
No not at all, Alot of the spell fights in avalon and azteca i found myself doing the same thing, sometimes even when i had help... here is my frieWTnd code, ill be glad to help if you can it in time...6F8WTPWT, i would send you a FB group page, but wizard looks down on that i see, but ill help when i can

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
if it was cheating, they wouldn't allow it to happen. personally, i'd rather they made minions MUCH more useful and did away with henchmen all together

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Explorer
Jun 03, 2012
Considered cheating by who? I play solo almost 95% of the time because when I play I have limited time and I play at odd hours. Sometimes I can find folks to play with but most of the time I play using henchmen because without them I wouldn't have gotten as far as I am. (I am preparing to battle the Pendragon in Avalon as a level 81, Pyromancer.) I figure that it still takes strategy and planning to play and I am having a good time, so why would it be important to me whether someone else thinks this is cheating?

Another solution if you really are concerned that using henchmen is cheating is that there are some really experienced, very skilled, wonderful players who call themselves "Mercenaries" and will help other players who make a request. If you haven't run into them yet they can be found on the Wizard 101 Central site - http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/ I think the difference is the mercenaries are a better choice if you can manage to schedule ahead because they are not just computer generated characters that play very one dimensionally but are people with real strategy skills - still if henchman are what are available I say use them and just enjoy the game.

Sarai Thundergrover, Archmage Pyromancer

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Of course it's not cheating. Those are tools available to anyone. I use henchmen when there's no one around to help and never consider it cheating; just smart game play to get through a difficult battle.

Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
Jessicaks1989 on Jan 23, 2013 wrote:
...when trying to defeat a difficult boss on your own is cheating?

I know it's a multiplayer game, but I have difficulty sometimes finding people to battle dungeon bosses with, so if I can't defeat him on my own I buy a henchman.

Do you think it's considered cheating?
I don't think its cheating. My friend usually gets little henchmen so she doesn't waste crowns. You see, I love to buy packs from the crown shop, so my crowns are usually gone before I can spend them on henchmen.

To everyone that is new to this game and doesn't know when your able to buy henchmen or doesn't even know about henchmen will learn it near the end of this message. I only have a few characters: Sierra Mythcaller level seventy storm, Jordan FrostThief level eleven death, Devin OwlRunner level three, storm or death.

Henchmen are computer-controlled wizards (or animals/monsters) that cost crowns. Sorry, I just forgot what level you have to be or if you even need to be a level to buy them. Thank you. I Wizard101

Survivor
Dec 13, 2012