Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening App

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
I own 4 accounts, three of the four I regularly buy crowns and bundles for. I also am big on gardening. I spend a fair amount of time and crowns for my gardening. I cannot however, be on the game for long periods of time ( a week or more) It makes me furious to get back on and find that most of my plants die by the time I get back. ESPECIALLY CROWNS PLANTS! When I see that they die I feel like I wasted money. I love buying crowns plants, they help for many things. But I can't throw money away like that. However, I do have an iPhone that I have both kingsisle apps on, grub guaurdian definetly helps me dump energy when I can't play. So why not make a gardening app? If could show a grid of your house and let you cast gardening spells for your plants. Maybe even plant them and till soil. Maybe it could be a housing app in general! Where you could arrange and place furniture. Maybe even crafting could be added! Who knows what an app like that could do? It could turn out to be amazing!

I would appreciate honest opinions on this, tell me any additions or changes that could be made. Or if you don't like the idea please tell me, all feedback positive or negative is greatly appreciated!

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
Brilliant!
This is one of the best ideas I've seen on these boards. I would LOVE an app like this. Nice.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
link981 on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
I own 4 accounts, three of the four I regularly buy crowns and bundles for. I also am big on gardening. I spend a fair amount of time and crowns for my gardening. I cannot however, be on the game for long periods of time ( a week or more) It makes me furious to get back on and find that most of my plants die by the time I get back. ESPECIALLY CROWNS PLANTS! When I see that they die I feel like I wasted money. I love buying crowns plants, they help for many things. But I can't throw money away like that. However, I do have an iPhone that I have both kingsisle apps on, grub guaurdian definetly helps me dump energy when I can't play. So why not make a gardening app? If could show a grid of your house and let you cast gardening spells for your plants. Maybe even plant them and till soil. Maybe it could be a housing app in general! Where you could arrange and place furniture. Maybe even crafting could be added! Who knows what an app like that could do? It could turn out to be amazing!

I would appreciate honest opinions on this, tell me any additions or changes that could be made. Or if you don't like the idea please tell me, all feedback positive or negative is greatly appreciated!
I think that is a great idea! Could be another KI Free Games or app. Log in and either use your energy to play Grub Guardian or this new gardening game. However, I don't think it should just be gardening from an iPhone, but rather a whole new game with gardening mechanics behind it (just like you don't train your pets in-game the same way you do in Grub Guardian).

Maybe this app could find a creative way to "use up" all those seeds players complain about accumulating.

BTW, don't feel like your wasting money when your Crowns plants die. You don't ever "lose" them. You can revive them and keep your seed. However, the drawback is reviving starts a lengthy process all over again and reviving more than one plant may take days to get back on track.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
I think this is a great idea, it should be a whole castle management app definitely. But I think crafting should be a different app. Other people need to see this.

Defender
May 13, 2009
Wow everyone seems to be posting about this idea. It's a great idea. I would love to see this coming out soon.

Survivor
Jan 31, 2009
Oran of Urz on Jan 3, 2013 wrote:
I think that is a great idea! Could be another KI Free Games or app. Log in and either use your energy to play Grub Guardian or this new gardening game. However, I don't think it should just be gardening from an iPhone, but rather a whole new game with gardening mechanics behind it (just like you don't train your pets in-game the same way you do in Grub Guardian).

Maybe this app could find a creative way to "use up" all those seeds players complain about accumulating.

BTW, don't feel like your wasting money when your Crowns plants die. You don't ever "lose" them. You can revive them and keep your seed. However, the drawback is reviving starts a lengthy process all over again and reviving more than one plant may take days to get back on track.
I like the idea, you mean use the worthless seeds in some useful way? That could be awesome. Like a seed breeder where you could plant them in the same pile to get a new plant. This could be in the game or app, that's a good idea for an extension!